Rumor - Will Grier Dismissed From Team

This is exactly the stuff he's talking about. Well not this but the response that many on here have to this kind of post. A gator fan drops a line like this and we have a ton of posters that basically have the attitude of "lol you got us good gator fan".

I like having rival fans here, but he is right that many here do a lot of butt kissing to the UF fans that post.

It sounds a lot like you don't want rival fans to return fire with fire.

That's not happening.

If you follow my posting history here, I'm respectful to posters who are respectful to me. If you jab, I jab back.

The rules aren't different for you because I'm not a Vol fan.

So about Grier.... is he gone or is it just rumour?

At this point it's still just a rumor, but no one in Gainesville is talking.

The article linked above cites Graham Hall as the source, the same tweets I posted earlier.

It's a strange situation. It would be nice to get confirmation directly from the coaching staff.

Last edited:
Good thing you aren't trying to be confrontational.

Best of luck watching your two hated rivals play in a game UT hasn't sniffed in almost a decade.

Go VoLLLLLLLLLLLs. :)

See this is what gets me. There aren't even 3 other Florida fans posting in this thread, yet somehow this comment got 3 "likes".

This is funny to Vol fans? If LW wants to lash back at a poster who insulted him, it's understandable. But he literally just insulted every Vols fan on this board. Not only was it a well-received insult, Vol fans are clicking "like" at the bottom of it.

That's pathetic. Somehow it's gone under the radar, but EVERY TIME someone says anything slightly negative about Florida, these guys fire away with our record, the last 11 years, their record in Neyland, etc etc. If I ran this board, all of these Florida douchebags would stay on thin ice. If you want to get into a bickering match with a rival fan, that's fine. But don't bring your cocky attitude here frequently bash our program.

The way some of you treat the lurking Florida fans is much more of a "defeatist attitude" than predicting a loss every year.

Reactions: 11 people
This is exactly the stuff he's talking about. Well not this but the response that many on here have to this kind of post. A gator fan drops a line like this and we have a ton of posters that basically have the attitude of "lol you got us good gator fan".

I like having rival fans here, but he is right that many here do a lot of butt kissing to the UF fans that post.

You realize he dropped the line after several back and forth confrontational posts, right? It's not like he just threw it out there on the spot, you have to look at what he was responding to.

As far as the "butt kissing", again, you and a few others seem to get respect and getting along with other fans confused with bowing to them, and you are clearly ignoring the majority that spot off "Gator".

Reactions: 2 people
See this is what gets me. There aren't even 3 other Florida fans posting in this thread, yet somehow this comment got 3 "likes".

This is funny to Vol fans? If LW wants to lash back at a poster who insulted him, it's understandable. But he literally just insulted every Vols fan on this board. Not only was it a well-received insult, Vol fans are clicking "like" at the bottom of it.

That's pathetic. Somehow it's gone under the radar, but EVERY TIME someone says anything slightly negative about Florida, these guys fire away with our record, the last 11 years, their record in Neyland, etc etc. If I ran this board, all of these Florida douchebags would stay on thin ice. If you want to get into a bickering match with a rival fan, that's fine. But don't bring your cocky attitude here frequently bash our program.

The way some of you treat the lurking Florida fans is much more of a "defeatist attitude" than predicting a loss every year.

So you want rival fans not to return fire, or you don't want the natives to "like" it when rival fans return fire?

You can't have it both ways.

A real world analogy would be Freak inviting rival fans (say, UF or Bama) to a gameday tailgate in Knoxville, and for the most part the rival fans are well behaved and respectful.

Some UT fan shows up at the tailgate and takes shots at the Gator fan about Aaron Hernandez, UF getting crushed by FSU, or the Bama fan about losing to Ole Miss again...resulting in the UF fan returning fire about the winning streak, UT blowing leads, or the Bama fan bragging about national titles and their own streak againt UT, or whatever the case may be.

UT fans at the tailgate tell the obnoxious UT fan who provoked the situation to chill. Some might find the rival's comeback funny.

That's how it typically plays out in the real world, but for whatever reason some posters get their panties in a wad over the natives "liking" a rival's response to a jab by another native.

If Freak wants to turn this into an environment where rival fans, who for the most part are respectful and add to the discussion, aren't afforded any leeway whatsoever, that's his perogative.

Until then, I would ask that you use the ignore feature if a comment offends you or hurts your feelings.

Reactions: 5 people

You are clearly wound way too tight man

Reactions: 7 people

Actually, no he didn't. He responded directly to BB's post, and in context given what BB posted, it's a valid comeback IMHO. Again, if he pulled it out of thin air, then yeah, criticize him.

Which you claim they pull it out every time someone says something negative about UF. I can't speak for every UF fan here, but from what I see LW and 99Gator only "pull" that out when people start making fun of them for things like losing the SEC Championship or losing the Sugar Bowl, in the same way bamawriter pulls out the same type stuff when people where make fun of them for losing in a playoff game.

I have no problem with people being happy a hated rival loses, but going overboard by living vicariously through other teams can get to the point of pathetic. To put it another way, I don't want to be Vandy, who we've long made fun of for celebrating so much when we lose. When that happens, we simply point out how they've never sniffed an SEC Championship or a good bowl.

That's just how I see it. If a rival fan is being obnoxious, let them have it, but if they are being what you consider obnoxious in response to a Vol fan being obnoxious, sorry that's fair game to me. And FTR, I didn't like his post.

Reactions: 4 people

Being civil does not mean butt kissing

Being civil does not mean butt kissing

Exactly.

And if you take a look at any of my responses on this thread you'll find I was respectful to those who were respectful to me, answered questions with the best information I had available, and punched back when I took a punch.

Reactions: 2 people
Is it cool to be a defeatist? You mock anyone that expresses confidence that we will beat Florida next year. SMH.

I don't believe he's behaving that way. During the off-season there are multiple "Florida game" and "The streak is over this year!" threads, it becomes a little comical.

Enthusiasm is great for the out look of future VOL teams but that Florida game has been our hindrance since 1992. Until we start beating them again on an annual basis, we really don't have much to brag about compared to them.

Exactly.

And if you take a look at any of my responses on this thread you'll find I was respectful to those who were respectful to me, answered questions with the best information I had available, and punched back when I took a punch.

...again, good luck getting that safety Saturday. It would be so embarrassing to have the SEC East champ shutout, wouldn't it? :)

Roll Tide. Hopefully Henry runs for 250 and they put up 50. Nice round numbers.

Is cool to be such a thin-skinned pansy? It was a joke, or do you not get that 20 cents means I've only heard it 4 times.

For God's sake, grow a sack.

so being a tough internet ass hat makes u better?:ermm:

lol you two grow up already

blue

VN Store

Back