To Protect and to Serve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had a pleasant interaction with a police this morning. Kid crashed his car into a tree in my yard and the responding officer couldn't have been more pleasant.

I am curious.

As of late I've noticed state troopers approaching vehicles on the right side of the car. In the past it has always been the left.

I am assuming this change was for officer safety?

I am curious.

As of late I've noticed state troopers approaching vehicles on the right side of the car. In the past it has always been the left.

Passing traffic on the left.

I am curious.

My uncle told me they only do that if the car they pulled is parked too close to the road as to where the cop would fear his safety (getting hit by another car). Could be different elsewhere though.

My uncle told me they only do that if the car they pulled is parked too close to the road as to where the cop would fear his safety (getting hit by another car). Could be different elsewhere though.

Makes sense.

The city and county cops don't seem to do it. Just troopers and DOT.

I am also seeing multiple officers in a vehicle too. Mostly in certain parts of town though.

I am curious.

Some states have also adopted what they're calling the "move over law" so it's actually illegal if you don't move over for the cop. You will be ticketed if you don't move over.

Some states have also adopted what they're calling the "move over law" so it's actually illegal if you don't move over for the cop. You will be ticketed if you don't move over.

I know that law all too well. :)

Small town cop pulled me over for that once. The cop on the roadside didn't have his lights on.

I think they just wanted to check out my truck. (Pick up)

Makes sense.

The city and county cops don't seem to do it. Just troopers and DOT.

I am also seeing multiple officers in a vehicle too. Mostly in certain parts of town though.

Plus it gives them a better angle to shoot your ass. :)

To the tune of $ 4 billion it's crazy

Why do you think cops aren't in favor of marijuana legalization? It has nothing to do with crime and everything to do with job security and money for the toy fund. Without asset forfeiture many departments would have trouble justifying their existence.

Reactions: 2 people
I am curious.

It's not just about the traffic. An officer can approach from either side. However, most people expect the approach from the driver side. Which gives a person with bad intent an advantage. If you approach from the passenger side you can get a different view of the vehicle and its occupants while catching them off guard. So sometimes it's because of traffic and sometimes it's not. Especially if the the trooper is doing a drug interdiction stop.

Mistaken identity... beaten because they thought he had a gun (2nd Amendment right) and some drugs (9th Amendment right).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88YF65Jw6E[/youtube]

I am curious.

Watch out for that female state trooper around Ft Smith driving the fire engine red patrol car
It only has a decal on the passenger door and no external light bars

She doesn't play

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back