Practice updates of any kind

Good point

Goofing off is exactly what this team needs especially considering how much of a well oiled machine we are on the defensive end of the court.

God forbid these kids have a little fun playing a ball game.

Not a good sign. Bad things are on the horizon for UT hoops.

Looked like that was Moore goofing around at the end. Everyone was smiling and clapping, no one else kept rebounding and shooting the way Armani did at he end.

But in the spirit of Bruin, let's all take this video and just assume that it's a bad sign and Barnes is the worst coach and recruiter of all time!!
Could also be a case of da:
what the hay,
Ain't gon play anyway
FU***d by the nc2a blues.

God forbid these kids have a little fun playing a ball game.

Not a good sign. Bad things are on the horizon for UT hoops.

Lol

We have a first year player wasting precious time to get better in what limited practice time we have but sure all in the name of fun it's ok.

If indeed this was a "fun" part of practice shame on the media folks for including that as part of their "practice" video. Bad PR as evidenced by more than just my responses

Last edited:
Could also be a case of da:
what the hay,
Ain't gon play anyway
FU***d by the nc2a blues.

Oooooooweeeeeeeee!!
2015-05-21-1432233745-8132682-B.B.King.jpg

Lol

We have a first year player wasting precious time to get better in what limited practice time we have but sure all in the name of fun it's ok.

If indeed this was a "fun" part of practice shame on the media folks for including that as part of their "practice" video. Bad PR as evidenced my more than just my responses

You are legitimately SD level crazy.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol

There have been 4 responses to this

Yours the only one that didn't respond negatively to it

Perhaps it is harmless but it shouldn't be included in the video if it was just horsing around
Mine was negative towards the Negavol-caa.

Last edited:
So will we see this line-up tonight?

G: Punter
G: Mostella
G: Hubbs
G: Moore
F: Reese

Just curious as to what our starting line-up will look like.

Lol

There have been 4 responses to this

Yours the only one that didn't respond negatively to it

Perhaps it is harmless but it shouldn't be included in the video if it was just horsing around

Quality vs. quantity is a relative factor in any VN discussion. Take yourself for example: you have high quantity-low quality posts for the most part. Just because you state your psychopathic ideas a lot, it doesn't make them any less idiotic and ridiculous.

You didn't even realize that they were goofing around, and it's not like this example is the first time you've reached down into the deep in your inferences.

Who ****ing cares about putting that bit on the video?? It's not indicative of anything. Period. It is absolute insanity to take that bit of the video and criticize ANYONE for it - players, coaches, staff, film crew, janitors, all of them. It's not a sign of anything. At all.

Reactions: 3 people
Since we are discussing practice and having fun by goofing off

We are allowed 20hrs total of practice/film work/Weightroom/goofing off.

What part of that 20hours a week should be allotted to fun/goofing off?

Who ****ing cares about putting that bit on the video?? It's not indicative of anything. Period. It is absolute insanity to take that bit of the video and criticize ANYONE for it - players, coaches, staff, film crew, janitors, all of them. It's not a sign of anything. At all.

Nothing wrong with having this opinion at all. I respect it about the same as I respect those that don't want to keep score in the youth leagues and everyone gets a trophy in the name of having fun.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree that a D1 basketball team should be alittle more about getting better than goofing off in the name of fun

Obviously you've never attended or have seen very few D1 practices, no coaches don't allow you to goof off every practice, or for half a practice, but most coaches do allow some fun as long as players can flip that switch and know they've gotta get back to serious. There's dancing that goes on during practice, there's stories that get told about what someone did stupid today, there's jokes that get told about each other, this isn't some military boot camp setting where zero fun is allowed.

Nothing wrong with having this opinion at all. I respect it about the same as I respect those that don't want to keep score in the youth leagues and everyone gets a trophy in the name of having fun.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree that a D1 basketball team should be alittle more about getting better than goofing off in the name of fun

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Obviously you've never attended or have seen very few D1 practices, no coaches don't allow you to goof off every practice, or for half a practice, but most coaches do allow some fun as long as players can flip that switch and know they've gotta get back to serious. There's dancing that goes on during practice, there's stories that get told about what someone did stupid today, there's jokes that get told about each other, this isn't some military boot camp setting where zero fun is allowed.

BTO

You might be very surprised if you knew what I have seen and havnt seen

But the main point is this shouldn't have been on the video and open to interpretation IMO. The first response here was really downing the kid for his effort and saying he Shouldnt get much playing time. I have talked to 2 people this morning that saw it. One said he isn't going to the game tonight Because he isn't going to support effort like that. Admittedly he was looking for an excuse not to go.

The other thought they had to be practicing defense at the end of a game where the only object was to not commit at foul.

Utsports.com should be in the business of creating positive PR and I don't think this does that. Jmo

I heard:
Punter Hubbs Baulk Moore Alexander

Thanks guys, I like that line up better. Id say that Alexander is out there over Reese due to his defense and shot-blocking ability. Also i like baulkman a lot more than Mostella right now too. Might very well be the first of many diferent line-ups this season though lol.

Thanks guys, I like that line up better. Id say that Alexander is out there over Reese due to his defense and shot-blocking ability. Also i like baulkman a lot more than Mostella right now too. Might very well be the first of many diferent line-ups this season though lol.

Alexander had 4 offensive boards in limited time last week. That made an impression on me for sure

Reactions: 1 person
I'm hoping Phillips shows up on time tonight. I'm really wanting to see him play. He might need to catch a lift with CRB like some of the students were this week lol.

Barnes said we could lead the country in different starting line ups.

VN Store

Back