Please tell me Jones didn't say this...

That is the point . Has anyone thought how easy it could be for to us a lot of triple option in this O . Would that not open up some of the middle of the field . Fake Hurd on the dive (we already do this) swing wide with AK with JJ coming back at you from the slot on a skinny post . 4 options on 1 call . Very easy to read and we already run all of this plays ,just not as a triple option . If you cant throw it use what you have . We know the line cant block so Dobbs gets a roll out with AK to the side we have trips on . This is X's and O's 3 rec's 1 post 1 fly and 1skinny post . If they stop the run the pass is open .
Dear lord this one set that has more possibilities than all the set dabord has used all year . I'm just saying there are so many more ways to use the talent we have by tweaking the system that's in place . THE SYSTEM . I hate that term now.

Agreed...and it doesn't even have to be that drastic. Utilize the intermediate pass in the middle of the field (with a QB you trust to make the throw) and the run game production will explode. As it is the RB's have the secondary in their face on every run. It's amazing we've been as productive as we have on the ground.

But remember...the system is infallible (in the Big East and MAC).

Reactions: 2 people
With the exception of Tajh Boyd, name one quality player Kiffin ran off.

Boyd didn't even play here. I'm talking about the Fulmer guys that fizzled out that year. We basically lost the two straight recruiting classes from 08-09. Did you know that when Dooley took over he had 72 scholarship players? How many of those do you think were any good? Then Dooleys recruiting was also subpar. Why do you think Butch has oversigned so much? Anybody else signed as many as Butch and still been under scholarship limits? We have more freshman on this team than sophomores, more sophomores than juniors, more juniors than seniors. Cause and effect.... it goes all the way back to 2008 and we're still paying for it. We're still a young team and no one wants to hear about it.

Analyze what the numbers mean. They tell a story.

Agreed...and it doesn't even have to be that drastic. Utilize the intermediate pass in the middle of the field (with a QB you trust to make the throw) and the run game production will explode. As it is the RB's have the secondary in their face on every run. It's amazing we've been as productive as we have on the ground.

LOL infallible . I posted on another thread today how C Brian Kelly (the coach butch follow from place to place)smarting up after his 2nd year at ND and knew he had to chance his philosophy on O .

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody expects a championship this year...especially with the injuries we've incurred. We really are just looking to finish games we are competative in and not choke away two touchdown leads due to errors a high school coach can avoid.

That's fair, I think. But this staff did put us in a position to beat UGA in 13 with a much worse roster. That team also beat SC that year. And last year this staff orchestrated a win after being down 14 to SC last year. The staff didnt just get stupid overnight. I just want to see what he can do with 4 stars as juniors instead of freshman and sophomores is what I'm saying. The leadership has to come from somewhere.

Boyd didn't even play here. I'm talking about the Fulmer guys that fizzled out that year. We basically lost the two straight recruiting classes from 08-09. Did you know that when Dooley took over he had 72 scholarship players? How many of those do you think were any good? Then Dooleys recruiting was also subpar. Why do you think Butch has oversigned so much? Anybody else signed as many as Butch and still been under scholarship limits? We have more freshman on this team than sophomores, more sophomores than juniors, more juniors than seniors. Cause and effect.... it goes all the way back to 2008 and we're still paying for it. We're still a young team and no one wants to hear about it.

That would apply to the vast majority of teams. The longer any class is on campus, the more likely their numbers are to diminish.

You're right, IMHO. With Dobbs, the secondary can play so soft that the production out of the backfield has been outstanding given the D backs are free to play up. All an opposing Def has to do is patiently wait for Hurd and Kamara to wear down then they own the field. That, and be ready to capitalize on fundamental errors like not protecting the football.

Last edited:

The 2008 class was mainly intact when Kiffin left. 15 of the 17 signees were still here. The only ones that weren't were Preston Bailey and EJ Abrams Ward.

Dumbass fan base. Any intellectual football mind can see progress in this team since the day he has taken over

This staff has lost 3 they shoulda won. If UT beats OK, they go to UF and stomp the Gatas, and ride the momentum. THERE IS NO MOMENTUM GARNERED FROM BLOWING LEADS AND LOSING. Losing begats more losing. And that's what we are seeing. And more coming. This Team has no confidence that the Staff can direct then to a WIN! Neither do I. Jim Harbaugh. 1st year; left with a mess, talent down, and look at him.

Reactions: 3 people
Some don't seem to realize that at any other job where you make the catastrophic mistakes that Butch and his coaching staff made during FL (either of the last two years) and Oklahoma this year, then they are usually fired instantly looking for a job.

...not to mention someone who makes 3.5 million dollars and makes those kind of mistakes..

Just another ill-timed excuse from CBJ, cant really expect anything different at a press conference now.

You're right, IMHO. With Dobbs, the secondary can play so soft that the production out of the backfield has been outstanding given the D backs are free to play up. All an opposing Def has to do is patiently wait for Hurd and Kamara to wear down then they own the field. That, and be ready to capitalize on fundamental errors like not protecting the football.

Oh my god! Did you just talk about football? I had to read it twice, but yeah you did! New day here on Volnation!:clapping::thumbsup:

Reactions: 7 people
If you don't realize this program is light years ahead of when Dooley was in control, you are just being irrational.

Dooley is NOT the measuring stick for success. Butch was fortunate in many ways to take over for such ineptitude. Even doing basic things like having players lift weights makes him appear to be accomplishing something. And yet most fans, like you, keep refering back to Dooley, as if every criticism of Butch is a desire to go back to Dools. It isn't. There are other options.

Dooley is NOT the measuring stick for success. Butch was fortunate in many ways to take over for such ineptitude. Even doing basic things like having players lift weights makes him appear to be accomplishing something. And yet most fans, like you, keep refering back to Dooley, as if every criticism of Butch is a desire to go back to Dools. It isn't. There are other options.

I think we should compare him to Fulmer.... at least.

Progress in the supposed quality of players coming to UT, not in developing players and not game-day coaching.
Signed Dumb-ass fan. :stinker2:

GO VOLS!

Absolutely this. We would see "progress" post-Dooley no matter who the hell we hired.

This staff has lost 3 they shoulda won. If UT beats OK, they go to UF and stomp the Gatas, and ride the momentum. THERE IS NO MOMENTUM GARNERED FROM BLOWING LEADS AND LOSING. Losing begats more losing. And that's what we are seeing. And more coming. This Team has no confidence that the Staff can direct then to a WIN! Neither do I. Jim Harbaugh. 1st year; left with a mess, talent down, and look at him.

Best post today hands down. The truth is Butch is losing & has a LOSING record in 2 1/2 years at UT & has yet to beat one of our three biggest rivals in FL, BAMA & GA.

That's fair, I think. But this staff did put us in a position to beat UGA in 13 with a much worse roster. That team also beat SC that year. And last year this staff orchestrated a win after being down 14 to SC last year. The staff didnt just get stupid overnight. I just want to see what he can do with 4 stars as juniors instead of freshman and sophomores is what I'm saying. The leadership has to come from somewhere.

Correct. They've been making bad coaching decisions for several years now.

Oh my god! Did you just talk about football? I had to read it twice, but yeah you did! New day here on Volnation!:clapping::thumbsup:

Not bad for an old man eh? Is this where I'm supposed to brag because I played ball?:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back