Say it aint so! Please!

And exactly what do you think that means? Please expand on the fact you thought required a separate thread

Reactions: 16 people
If it makes you feel better, merge it. I'll live. Whats one more pointless thread gonna hurt?

Reactions: 5 people
The fact that Butch has more talent than Dooley ever dreamed of yet has the same record simply blew my mind. I believe / believed in Butch and this fact just hurts, that all.

Reactions: 4 people
They're going in opposite directions, it'll be okay.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvzodEzseW8[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: 9 people
The fact that Butch has more talent than Dooley ever dreamed of yet has the same record simply blew my mind. I believe / believed in Butch and this fact just hurts, that all.
So you're saying that Dooley left the cupboard full for Butch? Dooley recruited well during his time at UT?

Reactions: 10 people
Completely different situations. Butch inherited a completely empty cupboard while Drooley still had the remnants of talent from both the Fulmer and Kiffin recruiting classes.

If you were to graph the overall trajectories, we may well be at the same point on the graph, but Butch's curve is trending upwards, while Drooley was on a negative slope.

Reactions: 16 people
If you want to feel even worse, Dooley would've had 2 more wins had Chuck Smith not send his entire bench out for the "last" play of the LSU game and UNC not commit a penalty against itself to extend the game.

Reactions: 2 people
Tells me we havent come as far as I would have hoped after 27 games and several top 10 recruiting classes.

Reactions: 1 person
It just goes to show, you are only as good as your W/L record. I hope bUTch can quickly fix the most important stat in his career.

Tells me we havent come as far as I would have hoped after 27 games and several top 10 recruiting classes.

You still failed to address the issue of what Dooley left for the next coach. Those 27 games you're counting include many played with what was left over from the Dooley experiment

Come on, tell us what you were truly thinking when you started this thread!

Reactions: 1 person
If you put your head in the oven and you feet in the freezer...your average temperature will be normal. Sometimes facts are meaningless.

Reactions: 19 people
If you put your head in the oven and you feet in the freezer...your average temperature will be normal. Sometimes facts are meaningless.

Wow! I have managed to live 42 years and never heard that bit of wisdom. I'll have to use that!

AV

You still failed to address the issue of what Dooley left for the next coach. Those 27 games you're counting include many played with what was left over from the Dooley experiment

Come on, tell us what you were truly thinking when you started this thread!

Im telling you that I thought Butch was going to be such a good coach (and may still be) that a stat like this would never be possible. Make all the excuses you want about these players or those players but the bottom line is....through 27 games he's tied with Dooley aint thats heart breaking for me because I had so much confidence in Butch.

Reactions: 3 people

You are missing the fact...In Butch's 1st year he had much less talent than Dooley, and Butch has been building talent while Dooley's talent base fell every year.

Also, Dooley dodged playing UNC in a season opener for an extra win.

Kanye-6.gif

Im telling you that I thought Butch was going to be such a good coach (and may still be) that a stat like this would never be possible. Make all the excuses you want about these players or those players but the bottom line is....through 27 games he's tied with Dooley aint thats heart breaking for me because I had so much confidence in Butch.
I see what you are saying but what were your seasons expectations in wins and losses pit to this point? The stat is odd to look at but to me it's just a number. Year one I was expecting 5 maybe 6 and year two 6 and a bowl. So really it's not that far off. Maybe by one

It's not making excuses. You continue to completely ignore the mess Dooley left and in fact are holding Butch accountable for it. That's what your cute little stat means.

Butch may not be a championship coach but he is light years ahead of Dooley at doing his entire job. Their record 27 games into their tenure is a ridiculous way to compare. It's nothing more than a cute tweet by lazy people

Reactions: 5 people
I figured I would see this come up. Butch's 28th game is against W Carolina while Dooley's was a loss against Florida, so Butch is about to take the lead if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back