I am an anarchist - ask me anything.

Believe me. People will always want stuff.

Also, capitalism =/= free market
I actually think there are some anti-capitalist anarchists who are proponents of the free market. Anarcho-mutualism I believe. I've been meaning to read up on their particular views.

I think you were going to come on this conservative circle jerk and school us. I think you best go do your homework so when you are doing menial IT for your boss you will be able to perform satisfactorily.

Computer Science is not IT. Of course you wouldn't know that, though.

Reactions: 1 person
You've been insulting me this entire thread and have contributed little to the discussion. You could at least try to be civil.

Oh, trust me, I am being civil. You have done nothing but espouse political nonsense while refusing to answer pertinent questions and posting nonsense then backtracking. You need to sharpen your pencil a little so these VN rednecks don't eat your lunch.... Or beat you up and take your lunch tokens or whatever you plan to use for a medium of exchange.

Reactions: 5 people
I actually think there are some anti-capitalist anarchists who are proponents of the free market. Anarcho-mutualism I believe. I've been meaning to read up on their particular views.

Computer Science is not IT. Of course you wouldn't know that, though.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Edit: make sure you know who you are talking to before making bold statements.

Last edited:
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

It objectively isn't. The two are completely different things. If I don't go to grad school, I'll likely work as a programmer. Otherwise, I'll probably be doing some sort of research. I also don't give a damn who you are.

When they deny people the product of their labor.

The market pays you what you're worth. If these people aren't being paid adequately according to their skill level, then they need to find the employers who are. If no employers are paying any more than said laborers are making, then they are over-stating their value. If everybody was given the same salary as you propose. Why would I want to tie steel while Joe is getting by on flipping burgers?

Calling yourself and anarchist does not make you one.

What have you done that is anarchistic besides post on the internet?

It objectively isn't. The two are completely different things. If I don't go to grad school, I'll likely work as a programmer. Otherwise, I'll probably be doing some sort of research. I also don't give a damn who you are.

You are probably in for a rude awakening. Like I said before I hope not, but you are awfully naive. Of course privilege breeds nativity.

The market pays you what you're worth. If these people aren't being paid adequately according to their skill level, then they need to find the employers who are. If no employers are paying any more than said laborers are making, then they are over-stating their value. If everybody was given the same salary as you propose. Why would I want to tie steel while Joe is getting by on flipping burgers?

There would be no salary. People would pursue jobs based on their interests with consideration for the needs of the community (although no one could make them work a specific job). Simple work that no one wants to do could be shared and rotated among the community.

There are no requirements to being an anarchist beyond holding anarchist beliefs. However, I have done things like calling out racist and homophobic remarks.

You are probably in for a rude awakening. Like I said before I hope not, but you are awfully naive. Of course privilege breeds nativity.

I'm in for a rude awakening because I'm familiar with common jobs people with my major usually end up in. Right. Makes perfect sense.

He's a kid that some a-hole professor fed some Machiavelli. There were always a few of them when I was in college.

There are no requirements to being an anarchist beyond holding anarchist beliefs. However, I have done things like calling out racist and homophobic remarks.

Ohh, change the world, you have.

That's not anarchistic.

Technology has a way of antiquating jobs. Its short sighted to think that a shrinking availability for living wage jobs, paired with an increasing population will result in anything but more impoverished people. I'd advocate incentives for not having children. I'm not sure how you get lower classes to stop breeding so prolifically, but it needs to be done.

There would be no salary. People would pursue jobs based on their interests with consideration for the needs of the community (although no one could make them work a specific job). Simple work that no one wants to do could be shared and rotated among the community.

I don't think u live in the real world....I use to work at a factory job.....my job of putting a little rubber piece on an alternator should have been worth as much as the guy that owned and ran the company.....sweet, sign me up.

You conveniently skipped the first part of my post huh?

He's a kid that some a-hole professor fed some Machiavelli. There were always a few of them when I was in college.
Nah, I did my own research. Also, I'm not that guy. In real life I try to be polite and am very soft-spoken. Certainly not someone most people would think is an anarchist.

Ohh, change the world, you have.

That's not anarchistic.
Anarchists are opposed to all systems of oppression. This includes racists, homophobes, patriarchy, etc. along with the state and capitalism. It is, by definition, anarchistic. It isn't a huge thing, but there's little in this area I can do to promote anarchism. Especially in my current situation.

Nah, I did my own research. Also, I'm not that guy. In real life I try to be polite and am very soft-spoken. Certainly not someone most people would think is an anarchist.

Anarchists are opposed to all systems of oppression. This includes racists, homophobes, patriarchy, etc. along with the state and capitalism. It is, by definition, anarchistic. It isn't a huge thing, but there's little in this area I can do to promote anarchism. Especially in my current situation.

So you are only an anarchist when it's convenient?

True believer.

Because in a capitalist society, you are forced to work for a boss who profits from your labor. The alternative is, essentially, death.

When there is no capitalist hierarchy. It is not voluntary until that is dealt with. Because you own yourself, you own your labor, and thus also own the product of your labor. When that is taken from you and exploited by the capitalist class, there is nothing voluntary about it.

You act as though the boss does nothing. The boss strategically grows the business and thus protects the workers jobs, creates opportunity for advancement, and employs more people. It quite evident that you are still in college. I suggest trying to be a professor. Academia is full of people who have no clue how business works and why the "boss" exists. They think the "boss" just sits around all day. Most "bosses" work more then those who report to them.

Reactions: 3 people
Awesome repartee.

Good for others but not you, how did we not see that coming. . . "lower classes", who are you, Marie Antoinette?

Yeah, I ride around on litters slingshotting cake down people's throats.

VN Store

Back