Four sentenced to death for muder of woman in Afghanistan

pls_no_woo

Afghan court sentences 4 to death for killing woman accused of burning Quran - CNN.com

Tl;dr - woman was killed by mob in March because it was thought she burned a Quran, which, according to CNN, she did not. Four of her attackers were given the death penalty, eight are going to serve time.

I'm not going to say the Afghans are "doing it right", but on some level you have to admire their expediency in their dispensation of justice.

please merge if necessary, I found no thread on this though

I look for obama to pardon them. Hell he may trade for them and make them citizens.

Reactions: 2 people
So....if she had burned the Quran, would they have been found innocent?

jacked up story. hopefully someone came after the guy that initially started it/blamed her for burning a Quran.

The video shows her surrounded by an angry horde of men, standing with her face covered in blood. She is pushed and falls over, and her beating continues with feet, rocks and boards. In the last part of the video, her body is engulfed in flames -- though it's not known whether, by that point, she was already dead.

Judge Safiullah Mujadidi said the sentences in the cases of the 19 police officers charged in the incident will be announced early week.

The investigation

Early reports after her death suggested she was mentally ill, but her tearful father, Nadir, told*CNN affiliate TOLOnews*she was a religious teacher who taught the Quran to children. He said there was no way his daughter would burn pages of the holy book, which has been cited as the motive for the horrific attack.

Farkhunda's parents said the killing was instigated by a local mullah of the Shah-e-Do Shamshera Mosque in the city's center, who had been angered by Farkhunda's accusations that he was distributing false tawiz.

Tawiz are pieces of paper containing verses of the Quran which are sometimes worn as pendants to ward off evil and bring the wearer good luck.
20 men against one 27 year old woman. 4 get death, 8 get 16 years, 8 get no punishment. No evidence she burned anything. So much animosity trapped in the gravitational pull of the religion of peace.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I do not understand this post in the slightest.

Are you calling me an alien?
What did I accomplish?

wtf??????????????

usually you can't start a new thread until you hit 100 posts. was just making some light hearted jokes about it. :hi:

@ McDad
faa971f72c075a37c8da986202320b8a4a366019464f5a6d29c5539ea4e4843d.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
that actually makes a lot of sense now. I thought you were on the bottle or something. Not that that is a bad thing (everything in moderation, including moderation)

not saying i wasn't hitting the bottle, just saying certain things make more sense when you are liquored up.
5117ec8c0000000000000000_736.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back