RIP Roscoe P Coltrane

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
James Best, the actor best known for his role as the bumbling sheriff of Hazard county, has passed away. Andy Griffith fans will also recognize him as the guitar picker/rock n roller on a couple of episodes.

Sad. DOH is/was one of the most underrated shows of all time. Roscoe was my favorite character.

I grew up watching Roscoe acting a fool. Roscoe and Boss Hogg is what made the show. The comedy side was my favorite part about Dukes of Hazzard.

I grew up watching Roscoe acting a fool. Roscoe and Boss Hogg is what made the show. The comedy side was my favorite part about Dukes of Hazzard.

My favorite season of the show was Season One that barely had any comedy at all.

Like Leslie Nielson, Best was a versatile actor known more for his comedy, but he could play a real SOB bad guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Lover of rescued dogs, especially Bassets. Classy guy.

He was also Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies. Great actor.

Huge part of my childhood. Loved DOH and still watch it from time to time. Off subject just a little but I had no idea that Cletus was the ring announcer in Karate Kid III.

James Best, the actor best known for his role as the bumbling sheriff of Hazard county, has passed away. Andy Griffith fans will also recognize him as the guitar picker/rock n roller on a couple of episodes.

Hate to hear it. He came to my hometown last year and I didn't get a chance to go see him.

I have heard this but not 100% sure if it's true, Best is the reason DoH went more kid friendly after season 1. So many kids were watching he thought it would be bad to continue along the path they had started. I have always been a huge fan. My two dogs as a kid were Bo and Luke.

VN Store

Back