Bleacher Report Says Tennessee is 10-2 in 2015

Still have us losing to Florida...can't argue with them. i'm going to have to see it to believe it.

this is best case scenario though...take it for what it's worth

Reactions: 1 person
If we go to Atlanta I would be ok with a loss to Florida. The season certainly wouldn't feel ridiculous.

Agree. As much as I'm sick of losing every year to Florida, I'll trade an 11th straight loss to them for a 10-2 record and trip to Atlanta. Hands down. Besides, I just really don't expect to beat them anyway.

I'm probably the biggest Pollyanna here, and I just don't see how we get to 10-2.

I don't either. 8-4 is a more realistic accomplishment. This team is still way too thin to get to 10 wins. We are a couple of injuries away from hoping to get above .500

Once again, the dumb media needs to stop saying we fans need to hold our horses when its the dumb media who needs to hold theirs. And 10-2 would not include a UF loss.

I don't either. 8-4 is a more realistic accomplishment. This team is still way too thin to get to 10 wins. We are a couple of injuries away from hoping to get above .500

We would have to have several injuries to hit 6-6 again, not just a couple. Excuse time is over when 40 of 44 from the two deep are returning. Let go of the losing mentality my friend, this is Tennessee, its ok to expect wins.

Reactions: 10 people
I'm actually happy that all of the other SEC fans are like "Tennessee? Bwaahahahaha" I hope the other SEC coaches are doing the same. But come 6 games in. I think their fans will be changing their tune.....

I'm expecting 8-4, and I'll be thrilled with anything over that.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we can now go toe to toe with anybody on our schedule. Anybody. But a football is an odd shape, and takes squirrelly bounces. If we can just keep Dobbs healthy through the first few games -- and we should be able to -- then our backup QBs should have tasted a little game experience by then. We'll see.

I looked at the schedule yesterday and thought, barring key injuries, there could be 10 wins this coming season. If we hit 10, one of those will be flerda no doubt.

And the Vandy prediction was wrong, I see them losing to MTSU in a stadium packed blue raiders and maybe 5,000 vandy fans. Vandy goes 2-10

10-2 with a trip to Atlanta to get another shot at Bama..let me see.......I'LL TAKE IT!

Last time we had such "lofty" predictions was 2005...and we ended going 5-7. I pay no attention to pre season prognostications...just red meat for the faithful.

IMHO, Arkansas and UGA are both more likely losses than UF. I think that streak ends this year. Interesting that the author penciled OU as a win...

If we go 10-2 I doubt we lose to Florida. It just wouldn't make sense record wise.
Exactly! floriduh is down on talent and has a brand new coaching staff that will take a minute to get their offense and defense on track. If we lose games it will be to established programs with a lot of talent. Damn bleacher idiots probably jinxed the Vols into an 8-4 record.

Don't see how so many fans miss what is happening in the UT UF series. It reminds me of the Bama series from 86 - 94. Towards the end of that series UT closed the gap, just couldn't find a way to win. Should have won 94 but a young QB didn't see a wide open WR in the end zone. Everyone thought UT would never win. But the talent they were stockpiling finally broke through in 95. And the route was on.

Look at the match up last year. Bad offense vs good defense on one side. Bad offense vs good defense on the other side too. Ended up with a defensive 10-9 game.

Now look at the match up this year. Good offense vs ok defense and bad offense vs good defense. UF is going to run into a wall while Dobbs runs around it. UF 2015 will feel like Bama 95. Best feeling will be when UF makes a late push and we all get worried, then on the next play Hurd pulls a Jay Graham and takes it 75 to the house.

Reactions: 13 people
Don't see how so many fans miss what is happening in the UT UF series. It reminds me of the Bama series from 86 - 94. Towards the end of that series UT closed the gap, just couldn't find a way to win. Should have won 94 but a young QB didn't see a wide open WR in the end zone. Everyone thought UT would never win. But the talent they were stockpiling finally broke through in 95. And the route was on.

Look at the match up last year. Bad offense vs good defense on one side. Bad offense vs good defense on the other side too. Ended up with a defensive 10-9 game.

Now look at the match up this year. Good offense vs ok defense and bad offense vs good defense. UF is going to run into a wall while Dobbs runs around it. UF 2015 will feel like Bama 95. Best feeling will be when UF makes a late push and we all get worried, then on the next play Hurd pulls a Jay Graham and takes it 75 to the house.

I don't know who you are, but I like the way you think.

Reactions: 9 people
I think we have a good season but I lost interest in the first paragraph when he stated Blair was having an impressive spring.

The Oline has to have off the charts improvement or this 10-2 biz is just fantasy.

High praise for a team that's beaten only one team worth a damn in the last five years. Don't think it's warranted.

Key is Oline. Hoping Blair really shows up and locks down the LT position.

LT: Blair
LG: Jackson
C: Crowder
RG: Robertson
RT: Kerbyson

If this is the Oline and they preform better than last year we definitely could be 10-2 but we are still a ways out. Injuries could occur and other setbacks so let's hope no one else gets injured and we all see a great year from our team. GO VOLS

That's my expectations too and I think 8-4 is reasonable.

8-4 would be a B-/C+ season in my book. While it would look good considering the recent past it would still mean 4 losses to:

OU
UF
UGA
Ark
Bama
USC
Mizzou

There is only 1 team in that group with a significant talent advantage and that's Bama. The other 6 games UT should be as talented or more talented.

Reactions: 2 people
High praise for a team that's beaten only one team worth a damn in the last five years. Don't think it's warranted.

7-6 to 10-3 the next year, that's impossible, especially in the SEC. Wait, that's what happened at MS State the last 2 years. Also please tell me what the importance of the last 3 years of Dooley have on this team. The bad players he brought in have left the team or been passed by younger guys on the depth chart.

VN Store

Back