Been Watching Vol Basketball For 40+ Years...

I've been watching this team for 35 years myself. I have never seen another Vol team get up on so many opponents by double digits only to blow it. It's maddening.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree completely.. This team goes through so many lulls. They play great and get a 12 point lead and then go 10 minutes without scoring. Only explanation I have is they just don't have any talent, outside of RichArdson.. The rest of these players would sit on the bench at almost every other team in the SEc

Reactions: 3 people
Guys they have 0 depth. This is what a team with 0 depth looks like down the stretch. they don't have their legs anymore. they gave it their all as long as they could

Reactions: 29 people
The Tenn team has been at the greatest disadvantage in the SEC from the start of the season. Only one player that had started when the season began. Moore, Reece,and Hobbs had very limited experience. McGee breaks his foot at the beginning of the season. Two freshmen to backup McGee at center. Punter and Baulkman were Jr. college players last year. Richardson having to play point guard for the first time in his career. Also he has played an average of 35 mins in a 40 min. game. He is showing that he is tired. I am a long time vol fan and alums and I do not remember a time in my 62years of being a fan when UT has been in this situation. To those of you that are disappointed ,I would say that your criticism rings hollow. If this team can recruit 4 outstanding players, UT could be a better team next year.

Reactions: 9 people
The Tenn team has been at the greatest disadvantage in the SEC from the start of the season. Only one player that had started when the season began. Moore, Reece,and Hobbs had very limited experience. McGee breaks his foot at the beginning of the season. Two freshmen to backup McGee at center. Punter and Baulkman were Jr. college players last year. Richardson having to play point guard for the first time in his career. Also he has played an average of 35 mins in a 40 min. game. He is showing that he is tired. I am a long time vol fan and alums and I do not remember a time in my 62years of being a fan when UT has been in this situation. To those of you that are disappointed ,I would say that your criticism rings hollow. If this team can recruit 4 outstanding players, UT could be a better team next year.

I like the optimism but problem is, with the NCAA issues hanging over his head, Tyndall will be hard pressed to get any decent players. Next season will be worse than this one.

Reactions: 1 person

Need 4 players? only 2 scholarships

Guys they have 0 depth. This is what a team with 0 depth looks like down the stretch. they don't have their legs anymore. they gave it their all as long as they could

Not only no depth, they only have one player who has ever played meaningful minutes at the end of a game. That is Richardson. Reese, Moore, and Hubbs are the only others with D1 experience, and they never played late. Experience matters.

Fellas you are coping out here...this team was 14-5 at one time and we were talking NCAA...something is wrong here...and I think you have to look at coaching or inside the chests of our players. This is the time of year "tired" legs should be strong. I am also not buying the inexperience thing...too late in the season for that doggie to hunt.

Reactions: 5 people
IMO TBA sucks. Students should have the seats behind the goals. And if we don't want to let them have the seats behind both goals they sure as heck need to be behind the vistors goal in the 2nd half. Vandy shot 84% in the 2nd half. If you have been to any games the people on that end just sit there and watch no enthusiasm. I'm not sure why they even go to the games. It creates an awful atmospher. Both ends behind the goals should be rocking.

This has to be fixed need recruits to see those areas rocking.

Reactions: 4 people
IMO TBA sucks. Students should have the seats behind the goals. And if we don't want to let them have the seats behind both goals they sure as heck need to be behind the vistors goal in the 2nd half. Vandy shot 84% in the 2nd half. If you have been to any games the people on that end just sit there and watch no enthusiasm. I'm not sure why they even go to the games. It creates an awful atmospher. Both ends behind the goals should be rocking.

This has to be fixed need recruits to see those areas rocking.

My biggest complaint about our arena. Even if we didn't fill it, with a college appropriate setup(students on the sideline!) we have a he!! of a home court advantage. Imo

Fellas you are coping out here...this team was 14-5 at one time and we were talking NCAA...something is wrong here...and I think you have to look at coaching or inside the chests of our players. This is the time of year "tired" legs should be strong. I am also not buying the inexperience thing...too late in the season for that doggie to hunt.

First look at the schedule. It has gotten much tougher since we were 14-5 and B. We have no depth and our team is just running out of steam.

Reactions: 2 people

Soft early conference schedule. It's really not that difficult to understand. And I don't believe we were 14-5 because that means we would have lost 8 straight.

We were 12-5.

We have absolutely no inside presence, no shooters or a vocal leader on the court. Coach Tyndall is doing a great job considering what he has to work with. Hopefully he dodges NCAA sanctions and recruits well enuff to get us back in the toury by year 3 and consistantly thereafter.

Reactions: 3 people

Plus we have no play makers that can get you a bucket...Richardson is the closest thing we have to that and he's playing his heart out...but he can be schemed for because we have nothing else...,I was looking at that lineup and wondered how did we win 14 games!!!

VN Store

Back