Advanced Metrics Nonsense

e2e81e60630106b05d805cba86b73551.png

Eyeballs say he sucks, what do stats say?

I don't understand your point here?

I was just messing with you because about a year ago you said you would take Hibbert over Drummond.

At the time i may have. When analytics start telling the future, I'll be impressed.

Not sure what you mean by predicting the future. Korver used to be a bad joke around here, and now the basketball establishment has embraced him as an incredible weapon. I wouldn't say stats told the future. I would say stats told about the present, while Korver was being underrated by eye tests.

BTW, you were the only one arguing for Hibbert (for once it wasn't me on my own, LOL).

Not sure what you mean by predicting the future. Korver used to be a bad joke around here, and now the basketball establishment has embraced him as an incredible weapon. I wouldn't say stats told the future. I would say stats told about the present, while Korver was being underrated by eye tests.

BTW, you were the only one arguing for Hibbert (for once it wasn't me on my own, LOL).

Unlike some around here, I'll admit when i was wrong. But numbers don't tell you if you're wrong or not. And Korver was always a good shooter but he's still not a top 25 player in the league.

Nobody thought Korver was a joke, we thought you saying he was a top 20 player was a joke. Huge difference.

I said he was having a top 25 season and was regularly a top 50 player. Nobody agreed that he was top 50 player. Not one person.

He's getting all-star consideration and Team USA consideration. Not saying that should convince you, but I am saying you are probably in the minority at this point.

I would take 12-15 PGs over him, guess what they all can't make the All Star team or Team USA. All Star appearance is a joke, and Team USA isn't simply picking the top players. Neither are indicative of being a top 25 player, we have covered this before as well. Also read my other post I said he probably sneaks in the top 50. I can list my top 50 later if you wish.

Reactions: 1 person
Richard Jefferson and Rudy Gay has gotten All Star consideration before and been on Team USA...

Ftr I think Korver is really good, and is having an unbelievable year shooting (which is why he gets Team USA consideration). I just don't think he does enough all around to be top 25, probably 45-50 range for me.

Ftr I think Korver is really good, and is having an unbelievable year shooting (which is why he gets Team USA consideration). I just don't think he does enough all around to be top 25, probably 45-50 range for me.

BTW, he got team USA consideration this past summer, before the season started. Not just consideration, I believe he made final 25. Is there another cut before the final roster? I think he made it to last cut.

Didn't you say you'd take him over Westbrook or something?

Yes. I did.

Normal Korver > normal Westbrook

2015 Westbrook > normal Korver

2015 Korver > any Westbrook

I know no one will agree. No point in talking about it, really. Korver positively impacts every offensive possession*, he plays good defense, and rarely does anything costly on either end of the floor. Yeah that's partly a function of the role he plays, but so what? Nobody can play his role the way he does. One of the major benefits of his skill set is he is high reward/low risk.

*gets more off-ball attention than anyone in the league

And most of the establishment considered them easily top 50 players, right?

You were using that as a reference point. Neither of us considered them top 50, so that point is well pointless. I and you I'm sure, don't care what the establishment thinks when it comes to rating guys.

BTW, he got team USA consideration this past summer, before the season started. Not just consideration, I believe he made final 25. Is there another cut before the final roster? I think he made it to last cut.

Bad wording on my part, I didn't mean it to sound like just this years shooting is the reason. I did say gets not getting, I should have been more clear. My bad.

But again Team USA doesn't just take the best 25 players. They are building a team, Korver is a perfect fit, that doesn't make him top 25. He's still behind 12-15 PGs.

You were using that as a reference point. Neither of us considered them top 50, so that point is well pointless. I and you I'm sure, don't care what the establishment thinks when it comes to rating guys.

Wait, that's what you were arguing? I thought you were arguing that people didn't consider them top 50, because of the context for which they were brought up.

He's getting all-star consideration and Team USA consideration. Not saying that should convince you, but I am saying you are probably in the minority at this point.

I definitely don't care what the establishment thinks. You can't care about that and embrace stats. All I was saying is the establishment has changed their mind on Korver. I'm not saying that means you should.

Bad wording on my part, I didn't mean it to sound like just this years shooting is the reason. I did say gets not getting, I should have been more clear. My bad.

But again Team USA doesn't just take the best 25 players. They are building a team, Korver is a perfect fit, that doesn't make him top 25. He's still behind 12-15 PGs.

Why do you keep saying PGs? He's a big 2. He's more of a swing, even. How many 2s would you rate ahead of him?

Wait, that's what you were arguing? I thought you were arguing that people didn't consider them top 50, because of the context for which they were brought up.

I definitely don't care what the establishment thinks. You can't care about that and embrace stats. All I was saying is the establishment has changed their mind on Korver. I'm not saying that means you should.

I was pointing out that those 2 things didn't make RJ and Gay top 25 in our eyes, so pointing out those things about Korver prove nothing to me. IDC what other people or the establishment thinks. You are arguing the establishment stuff, I hadn't mentioned it.

I was pointing out that those 2 things didn't make RJ and Gay top 25 in our eyes, so pointing out those things about Korver prove nothing to me. IDC what other people or the establishment thinks. You are arguing the establishment stuff, I hadn't mentioned it.

:mf_surrender:

Why do you keep saying PGs? He's a big 2. He's more of a swing, even. How many 2s would you rate ahead of him?

Really? Lol Team USA takes what 3-4 PGs? So that's 8-10 PGs not on team USA better than Korver. So in no way is making Team USA make you a top 25 guy, because it doesn't take the top 25 players, it feels needs. They need Korver more than they need 12 PGs. Understand now? Lol

VN Store

Back