'15 LA RB Kendall Bussey (Former UT commit)

dead-horse.gif

Also, the recruiting is fine? Just fine? If this if just fine recruiting, I can't wait until I see some great or even excellent recruiting. LOL. You really are Dooley in disguise.

Nobody ever gets every evaluation correct. There has never been a perfect recruiting class. Besides, we are still rebuilding, we could use a little oversigning.

I think the revolving door will definitely slow the development. I love seeing new signees. I'd just like to see a little more developing and a little less "let's make some room for more FR". Jmo

I think the revolving door will definitely slow the development. I love seeing new signees. I'd just like to see a little more developing and a little less "let's make some room for more FR". Jmo

Problem was that a lot of those Dooley recruits weren't worth developing. Yes you've got to develop the ones you got, but the biggest part of winning championships these days is to win in the living room first.

Reactions: 1 person
Problem was that a lot of those Dooley recruits weren't worth developing. Yes you've got to develop the ones you got, but the biggest part of winning championships these days is to win in the living room first.

Jabo didn't make it in. Hurd, Paulk, and Scott. Hurd is the only one left.

We'll take 3 this year then just 1 next. Then as they hit the door early, you're back to needing 3 again instead of that 1. Imo, this will be more the norm than not. I think it ends up being an issue long term. We'll see.

Of course I did not count QB carries as RB carries in my numbers. All QB carries equate to are less RB carries to go around. Also I'm not sure what yards per carry matter at all. Theses kids are looking for carries period. I'd venture to guess a kid would be more content averaging 2.2 yards a carry while getting 95 of them vs averaging 9.5 yards a carry and getting 20 of them. Tell a RB how many times he carries it doesn't matter. My guess is he will look at you like you're crazy.

Silly point IMO.

I'd venture to guess that if a kid is averaging 9.5 ypc he is going to be getting plenty of carries. It's all about production. If you are producing at a high level you are going to get your share.

Silly point IMO.

I'd venture to guess that if a kid is averaging 9.5 ypc he is going to be getting plenty of carries. It's all about production. If you are producing at a high level you are going to get your share.

My point was how many carries vs yards per carry is what a young RB is worried about. The whole discussion is imo very few #3-4 RBs in the SEC get many carries and my findings support it.

My point was how many carries vs yards per carry is what a young RB is worried about. The whole discussion is imo very few #3-4 RBs in the SEC get many carries and my findings support it.

My point is if a #3-4 RB is averaging 9.5 he won't be a #3-4 for long. He will get his carries.

A young RB wants carries? Pretty simple...PRODUCE.

Jabo didn't make it in. Hurd, Paulk, and Scott. Hurd is the only one left.

We'll take 3 this year then just 1 next. Then as they hit the door early, you're back to needing 3 again instead of that 1. Imo, this will be more the norm than not. I think it ends up being an issue long term. We'll see.

And I'm pretty much fine with how that situation worked out. Aren't you? If we bring in 3 a year, and the best one out of those 3 is the only one left, is that really such a bad thing? Does Scott and Paulk not being there have any effect on Hurd's development this offseason?

Also, how do you know that Scott leaving and Paulk getting in trouble wasn't an aberration. This year is also a different situation since we're bringing in 1 juco and 2 High schoolers, instead of 3 high schoolers.

Doesn't Paulk still have a chance of returning too?

And I'm pretty much fine with how that situation worked out. Aren't you? If we bring in 3 a year, and the best one out of those 3 is the only one left, is that really such a bad thing? Does Scott and Paulk not being there have any effect on Hurd's development this offseason?

Also, how do you know that Scott leaving and Paulk getting in trouble wasn't an aberration. This year is also a different situation since we're bringing in 1 juco and 2 High schoolers, instead of 3 high schoolers.

Doesn't Paulk still have a chance of returning too?

Imo it's a problem. I'd rather see the staff using their time developing kids rather than it being wasted as those guys walk out the door. Space the kids out in those positions and you would not be constantly playing catch up to restock after losing multiples to transfer or whatever.

DeerPark said Paulk will not be back. He's usually pretty spot on.

Imo it's a problem. I'd rather see the staff using their time developing kids rather than it being wasted as those guys walk out the door. Space the kids out in those positions and you would not be constantly playing catch up to restock after losing multiples to transfer or whatever.

DeerPark said Paulk will not be back. He's usually pretty spot on.

I don't understand. How does a kid transferring out use up a) the coaches time or b) the players' still on the team time? The S&C staff is responsible for getting the guys in shape while the coaches go out and recruit.

Also, when did Deerpark say that about Paulk, I missed that.

All you have to do is look at UGA this year to understand the need to take 3 backs this year.

Sony, Chubb, Gurley all played significant time this year and at the end of the year it was only Chubb when Gurley and Sony were hurt.

Come on down son. Time to be a Tennessee Vol

Reactions: 4 people
All you have to do is look at UGA this year to understand the need to take 3 backs this year.

Sony, Chubb, Gurley all played significant time this year and at the end of the year it was only Chubb when Gurley and Sony were hurt.

Come on down son. Time to be a Tennessee Vol

Exactly.

VN Store

Back