Dane Bradshaw: 'Donnie has done an unbelievable job'

Exactly. When teams hit those threes when we're in zone it looks worse then it actually is. The way CDT teaches it teams aren't going to break that zone unless we have a breakdown somewhere. Rob Peter to pay Paul. Once he starts recruiting some true big men with length fans won't cringe as much. Personally I'm impressed with this style of zone the whole game. It works for us because CDT can coach on the go throughout the game while other coaches either don't say anything to their players or only adjust at the half. When NCAA cloud dissipates and he can truly recruit, the Vols are going to be nasty.
We're not giving many points in the paint. Teams that beat us will have to have guys that can hit consistently from 12 and out.
Donnie's one of the best floor coaches I've seen in a while. If he's sees something he doesn't like the chairs are on the floor. Doesn't wait until it's too late.
If he can recruit - he'll win in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
You obviously don't know basketball or you wouldn't be using their draw as an excuse. Not getting to the final four according to you is proof Zo can't Coach because he had talent. Listen to yourself. They got to the tournament with a play in game and Zo coached and they played their way to the sixteen. If getting their was that easy Tyndall would have been there. Oh wait he was in the NIT and lost. Does that make him a bad coach? And he had talent. I'm not the biggest Zo fan since jumping on the Tyndall train but I do have enough sense and the hoops background to know that teams don't make it to the sweet sixteen without good coaching. You obviously are blinded by your hate for Zo that it is beneath you to give credit where it is do.
This team made it to the Sweet 16 because:
Jarnell Stokes - 1st team All SEC -2014
Jordan McRae - 1st team All SEC - 2014
Josh Richardson - 1st team defensive All SEC -2014
Jeronne Maymon - 2nd team All SEC - 2012
Coach T would have won the national championship with this team!

Reactions: 6 people
so happy cuonzo is outta here and we didn't have to pay a dime!!! Go DT!!!

A lot of fans are glad that he gone!

It's been sweet so far this season to see how hard the Vols play and fight in every game.

In past seasons it was different under Martin, the team took on the personality of thier coach who often seem disinterested or uninvolved, and his teams always under preformed including some really bad losses along the way.

The only thing that could have been sweeter was if Martin had paid back some of his salary when he left, because other than signing Stokes and the Sweet 16 run last season, he certainly did NOT earn it!!

Or at least been in the title game!!

Without the petition, we don't make it to the Sweet Sixteen last year (or maybe even the tourney). It lit a fire under our extremely talented team's asses that Cuonzo never could light by himself. JMO though.

Reactions: 2 people
'Glad you posted this. I closely followed UT b-ball since I could barely walk, and at 64 it's been a long time. I backed Zo to the bitter end, but admittedly I began losing interest while being dismayed with the lack of emotion he displayed and how little he brought out of his players...until he'd apparently decided to leave Knoxville due to the BBB campaign. At that point this talented bunch started playing up to their potential. Why never before? CDT is a giant step forward.

Reactions: 4 people
This feels like a football thread were all roads lead back to complaining about Dooley. Your ex is with someone else, please move on. You could also try and stay on topic and discuss the OP question. I heard the toughness comment in a game after Christmas and it struck me as on the fringe of stepping on toes but not a big deal. Alumni calling their alma mater's games will often say a little more that could reveal behind the scenes emotions but I don't think that is the case here. Stay positive...Stay Orange. GBO

Reactions: 2 people
Last year's team was talented--and yet we barely made it in the tourney. Had we had genuine, active big who could have taken some pressure off of Stokes, we might have really made some noise. I was not a big of Zo--he's a mediocre coach and significant step down from Pearl (talk about a charisma gap!), IMO, and that viewpoint was solidified in the last seconds of the Michigan game. Tyndall is a better pure coach. I have no idea if he can recruit well enough for us to be a serious NCAA tourney team, but it seems like he can coach.

LEFTOVERS? REALLY? SMH! THE THINGS YOU ALL CALL THESE YOUNG MEN! :no:

It really is a shame. One of our best and toughest players got called a tulip last year. He's now in the league making 6 figures. He was constantly doubted by our own fans and many said he would never sniff the NBA. He started his first NBA game the other night, while many stated that he would be learning a new language this year playing overseas. Sorry you have to read some of this stuff about your own family. Just know the majority of the fans appreciate what these guys go through everyday to play for UT!

Reactions: 4 people
"When you look at them on the court, you are hard pressed to find a guy that you wouldn't call a tough guy," Bradshaw said in a telephone interview. "You could look out on the court the past four or five years and say, ‘Those are your two or three tough guys on the team.' More times than not (this season), if someone walked into the building and saw the orange team playing the opponent, and you asked them, ‘What team plays harder?' It's usually the orange team."
Former Vol Dane Bradshaw impressed with Tennessee
To summarize the non-conference season, the overhauled Vols avoided bad losses, captured quality wins against Kansas State and Butler and competed in losses to VCU, Kansas, Marquette and N.C. State.

It really is a shame. One of our best and toughest players got called a tulip last year. He's now in the league making 6 figures. He was constantly doubted by our own fans and many said he would never sniff the NBA. He started his first NBA game the other night, while many stated that he would be learning a new language this year playing overseas. Sorry you have to read some of this stuff about your own family. Just know the majority of the fans appreciate what these guys go through everyday to play for UT!

It depends on how u look at it.....the poster was just being honest....he did take a bunch of guys that are not rated overly high and were still available late in the signing period. They were "leftovers" and Donnie is winning with them. It shows that he knows what he wants and seems to have a good eye for overlooked talent. Besides Chiles(injury) and Woodson(attitude).....there is not a guy on the team that u can tell he definitely missed on and we are all glad each one of them is on the team.

Right on
:good!:

'Glad you posted this. I closely followed UT b-ball since I could barely walk, and at 64 it's been a long time. I backed Zo to the bitter end, but admittedly I began losing interest while being dismayed with the lack of emotion he displayed and how little he brought out of his players...until he'd apparently decided to leave Knoxville due to the BBB campaign. At that point this talented bunch started playing up to their potential. Why never before? CDT is a giant step forward.

If they're 1st and 2nd team SEC then Zo coached up his players and deserves credit for that. It's ok to dislike his coaching style and demeanor on the court. What's wrong and not true is when fans downplay his abilities after the run they made. Some fans have so much hatred for this man that they find every way possible to not praise him for any of his accomplishments. For a fan to take credit for their success because they signed a petition borders on insanity. Hate is an amazing manipulator and our fan base has more hate for Zo than they do his lying, cheating, adulterous predecessor who people worship like a god. Wow.
PS. Donnie Tyndall has never won a championship nor has he ever reached the sixteen. To make the blanket that he would have won a championship with last years squad because you like what you see this year is not based on anything. You don't like Zo he can't coach but you're excited about CDT therefore he would have done XYZ. You have nothing to support that argument.

Last edited:
If they're 1st and 2nd team SEC then Zo coached up his players and deserves credit for that. It's ok to dislike his coaching style and demeanor on the court. What's wrong and not true is when fans downplay his abilities after the run they made. Some fans have so much hatred for this man that they find every way possible to not praise him for any of his accomplishments. For a fan to take credit for their success because they signed a petition borders on insanity. Hate is an amazing manipulator and our fan base has more hate for Zo than they do his lying, cheating, adulterous predecessor who people worship like a god. Wow.

What's worse is "Tennessee" fans defending a coach that was here just 3 yrs and ran off to Cali. He is lower in Tennessee coaching History than Jerry Green and I dont see anyone caring about him. Im glad he is gone and wouldn't ever trade CDT for him. Let's Go Vols tonight and hopefully another Angel will get its wings as well.

Reactions: 3 people
All I know is that this year I have the schedule printed and planning things around watching this team play - have not done that in more than a few years.

It depends on how u look at it.....the poster was just being honest....he did take a bunch of guys that are not rated overly high and were still available late in the signing period. They were "leftovers" and Donnie is winning with them. It shows that he knows what he wants and seems to have a good eye for overlooked talent. Besides Chiles(injury) and Woodson(attitude).....there is not a guy on the team that u can tell he definitely missed on and we are all glad each one of them is on the team.

LEFTOVERS are things remaining after the rest has been used or consumed. Wrong.... for some of these young men. Some of these young men had other offers, might not have been in the SEC, but they had other offers on the table. It wasn't like they had no one recruiting them. But hey, I expect some of these NAYSAYERS to talk down about these young men who are bringing entertainment and MONEY to their school. I just cant wrap my mind around being so negative about these young men! These men go out every game, I MEAN EVERY game, and GIVE THEIR ALL FOR UT BUT PPL CALL THEM LEFTOVERS or whatever else they can think of to degrade these guys!

LEFTOVERS are things remaining after the rest has been used or consumed. Wrong.... for some of these young men. Some of these young men had other offers, might not have been in the SEC, but they had other offers on the table. It wasn't like they had no one recruiting them. But hey, I expect some of these NAYSAYERS to talk down about these young men who are bringing entertainment and MONEY to their school. I just cant wrap my mind around being so negative about these young men! These men go out every game, I MEAN EVERY game, and GIVE THEIR ALL FOR UT BUT PPL CALL THEM LEFTOVERS or whatever else they can think of to degrade these guys!

:eek:

VN Store

Back