AJ's Twitter feed...

A decade ago he probably would have kept playing. In this day and age, you immediately become the program future parents won't respect. IF it's proven that he's guilty, not only will future parents already know that Butch and Co. let a rapist keep playing, but all the other programs will be able to remind those parents of that fact. IF it's proven that he's innocent, those same coaches will remind those future parents that Butch Jones let multiple players accused of rape continue to play. Then they'll ask how they'd feel if their daughter accused a player of rape and the coach just let them keep playing. Innocent until proven guilty has no jurisdiction over the court of public opinion. As a head coach of a major football program, you have to play to public opinion before anything else.

It hasn't hurt FSU's recruiting. At the end of the day parents like to see their kids win. If the program is winning they can look past some questionable aspects of the coaching staff.

FTR I'm happy with the way CBJ has handled it.

If there are no charges he should sue the girl not the PD. DA and PD are just doing job as normal. The idea that all this gets decided within a week is from TV shows but RL takes several months easily when things aren't clear cut. It's unfortunate for AJ but just the way it is.

He could sue the girl for defamation of character. I wish girls that cried rape can be sued.

It hasn't hurt FSU's recruiting. At the end of the day parents like to see their kids win. If the program is winning they can look past some questionable aspects of the coaching staff.

FTR I'm happy with the way CBJ has handled it.

Dirty recruiters have brought it up it to families with daughters, for sure. They would be bad at being negative recruiters if they didn't.

You're a miserable poster imo.. Everything u post is negative.

Not true. Like you both. Everyone is very emotional about an issue that is a very emotional thing to begin with. Rape is horrible and done to our mothers, sisters, and daughters. If a man is accused and IS actually innocent then it is a horrible thing as well.

Dude shutup. You are as lame as they come. Kids in college drink some get caught some don't. If this girl is found to be lying on him then what do you have to say then?

You probably one of the guys who immediately jumped on the Paulk story as well. Grow a pair and develop a mind of your own and stop believing everything the media feeds you.

Dude is a college athlete who's going to the league. Do you really think he has to rape some girl to get sex? Be serious man.

I for one hope AJ is innocent and gets this behind him as long as he is innocent. Rape is not about sex. So, you be serious. It is about power. Ted Bundy could get any girl he wanted with good looks and he said so. That is how he got his victims. He was a serial killer. Some of you I think I would beat the crap out of before you could even go out with my daughter. So immature and stupid. The scary thought is some of you are not teenagers or college student but ignorant old men.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Dirty recruiters have brought it up it to families with daughters, for sure. They would be bad at being negative recruiters if they didn't.

I'm sure some programs have tried but FSU is currently sitting at a consensus #2 class. Must not be affecting them much. Elite recruiters trump negative recruiters 9/10 times.

It may sway the family of one or two recruits but there are more than likely others of equal talent willing to take their spot.

Personally, if it were my son I would think long and hard about letting him play for Jimbo after the way he handled Winston. But if he came to my living room and explained his reasoning maybe he could sway my opinion. That's what elite recruiters do.

This statement is probably not going to go well, but shouldn't we speak to her Character as well?

It's not like she didn't know that AJ had a girlfriend or that he forced her into the situation by clubbing her over the head and dragging her to the bed. Wasn't this a regular hook-up for him.

It also speaks to some volume that the FL girl left quickly. This Maybe no more than a bunch of alcohol, teenage, hormonal induced college drama. I hate if for all concerned and if AJ did it then fine --- lock him up, but if he didn't let's move on.

He is graduated and if innocent will represent this university well. I am sure he has shared his part in any of this with Coaches and players. Their is a bond of trust between them and their support is still there for him which Should be an indicator.

CBJs did the right thing with the suspension. Had no choice and his hands were tied as a leader of young men. He has not discouraged any open support of AJ by the players which says a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
This statement is probably not going to go well, but shouldn't we speak to her Character as well?

It's not like she didn't know that AJ had a girlfriend or that he forced her into the situation by clubbing her over the head and dragging her to the bed. Wasn't this a regular hook-up for him.

It also speaks to some volume that the FL girl left quickly. This Maybe no more than a bunch of alcohol, teenage, hormonal induced college drama. I hate if for all concerned and if AJ did it then fine --- lock him up, but if he didn't let's move on.

He is graduated and if innocent will represent this university well. I am sure he has shared his part in any of this with Coaches and players. Their is a bond of trust between them and their support is still there for him which Should be an indicator.

CBJs did the right thing with the suspension. Had no choice and his hands were tied as a leader of young men. He has not discouraged any open support of AJ by the players which says a lot.

very true

My question concerning AJ is: "Does law enforcement have an indefinite length of time to indict AJ?" I mean: Can they make this "fishing trip" go on for twenty years or longer without an indictment? I say, if they have a provable case at this point, then, they need to go for it! If not, then they need to apologize to AJ and leave him alone!

I am certainly no legal authority. However, I do believe that law enforcement is on the verge of violating "habeas corpus" concerning AJ. Habeas Corpus simply says that a person cannot be imprisoned indefinitely without being charged with a crime! Although AJ is not technically imprisoned as such! He is imprisoned in theory!

My question concerning AJ is: "Does law enforcement have an indefinite length of time to indict AJ?" I mean: Can they make this "fishing trip" go on for twenty years or longer without an indictment? I say, if they have a provable case at this point, then, they need to go for it! If not, then they need to apologize to AJ and leave him alone!

What's going to be sad is if the DA and Grand Jury do not indict him and moves on, but the victim elects to take it to the civil side of the legal system and files a law suit.

He should be thankful he has graduated and can move on. Hopefully, his draft status will not be affected by this.

I am certainly no legal authority. However, I do believe that law enforcement is on the verge of violating "habeas corpus" concerning AJ. Habeas Corpus simply says that a person cannot be imprisoned indefinitely without being charged with a crime! Although AJ is not technically imprisoned as such! He is imprisoned in theory!

Theory doesn't mean much in law. He isn't in jail, so habeas corpus is completely irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 person
How does FSU get away with not suspending their QB accused of "allegedly" committing rape?

This whole case is BS. If no charges are brought against AJ he should sue the KPD and the DA. How the hell long does it take to finish gathering all the evidence in this case? How many people did they need to talk to? 5? Even if its 10-20, this is now going on two months with no charges and no forward motion. This goes way beyond being thorough. This is sacrificing AJ and his future so they don't have to to through the pains of either clearing him or charging him.

This is so far from the truth regarding our system of justice, I don't even know where to begin, so I won't.

But, I will give you one piece of advice. If you are charged with a crime, say absolutely nothing to the police or anyone else except the following.

"I would like to fully exercise my rights in accordance with Miranda, and ask that I consult with legal counsel prior to answering any questions".

Saying anything else will only put your freedom in jeopardy!

Last edited:
the bad thing is any woman at any time can point the finger at any OF US! make a claim and ruin your lives in the process. he may be innocent as far as the law is concerned at this point, but public perception ends up ruling before anyone goes to court. i make these statements as the father of 2 girls, i am teaching my girls to protect themselves, but to always tell the facts as they are and to not use their position as a weapon... thats just wrong!

Reactions: 1 person
ive always held AJ in high regard because of his leadership and dedication to the program, remember... he could have went pro last year, but chose to stay and help the team. its a shame that he allowed himself to be in a position to let this happen.

Reactions: 2 people
If there are no charges he should sue the girl not the PD. DA and PD are just doing job as normal. The idea that all this gets decided within a week is from TV shows but RL takes several months easily when things aren't clear cut. It's unfortunate for AJ but just the way it is.

Most of the time no suit is filed in a false accusation because the accused would like to move on with their lives . Its a no win situation and reputations are tarnished, at least for awhile . Civil suits are usually nastier than a criminal case and that nastiness goes both ways . But yes, when we aren't the people going through it we say sue . I wish it was over for all parties and the occurence of a correct resolution soon.

VN Store

Back