4th quarter play calling!

OP is.....nevermind. Just unbelievable at the numbskull fans we have. But all teams have them. And thank gawd bama has more than us.

Reactions: 1 person
They dominated the game and let some subs get some PT at the end. The only remotely questionable thing was having Dobbs run at the end... but even that helped avoid a potential fumble that could have given Iowa a breath of life.

Great game all the way round. Well coached. Well played.

I have to agree. I hate to see a team run up the score. I also hate to see a team quit playing and "not finishing" as Butch stated in the post game. Every down is an opportunity. Augment with the 2nd team and push the ball down the field. That series inside the 10 when Dobbs ran the ball every down was especially frustrating. Finish the game Butch.

I agree. So many fans on here are simply STARVING for a win...any win. And I get that...but I'm not going to back off my stance that the kids should be allowed to play (even if it's the 2nd team). Again the players (all of them) have worked too hard to be handcuffed offensively for an entire qtr. I'm not saying throw it every down...but don't run your QB three times in a row inside the 10 because u don't want to score. I promise you that D line would've loved to have knocked him out of the game. Disagree all you want...but that's a bad coaching decision.

Reactions: 3 people
I get the whole "work on the clock" mindset...but to just completely "tank it" ????? I'm not saying try to hang 60 on an opponent...but Hesse kids work to hard to be completely handcuffed offensively the entire 4th qtr. not to mention putting Dobbs at unnecessary risks running three times in a row from the 10 yard line. The fans who traveled also deserve more for there time and money. Very frustrating nod concerning.

It was over. Learn to have a cocktail and chill out.

You know that the BIG ORANGE, TENNESSEE VOLS are on there way back to the top when someone only can itch about the play calling when you are up 42-14 going in the 4th quarter, we just won 7 games with a freshmen team in the SEC, what a job coach JONES.:salute:

I get the whole "work on the clock" mindset...but to just completely "tank it" ????? I'm not saying try to hang 60 on an opponent...but Hesse kids work to hard to be completely handcuffed offensively the entire 4th qtr. not to mention putting Dobbs at unnecessary risks running three times in a row from the 10 yard line. The fans who traveled also deserve more for there time and money. Very frustrating nod concerning.

Another fine post from a "dumber than dirt" supposed UT Fan. Just cant enjoy it for a moment!! :hi:

LOL - Negas gonna NAG!!! :loco:

I, for one, win take this dominating bowl victory!

Go Vols!!! :peace2:

You know the Vol's are back when the fan's are complaining about not running up the score!
Go Vol's

I agree. So many fans on here are simply STARVING for a win...any win. And I get that...but I'm not going to back off my stance that the kids should be allowed to play (even if it's the 2nd team). Again the players (all of them) have worked too hard to be handcuffed offensively for an entire qtr. I'm not saying throw it every down...but don't run your QB three times in a row inside the 10 because u don't want to score. I promise you that D line would've loved to have knocked him out of the game. Disagree all you want...but that's a bad coaching decision.

u so obviously never played or coached at any level.

46c.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Thank you for your post. It confirms my belief regarding the "off center," contorted, screwed up thinking among many of our fan base. Now I know, you really can't help it.:hi::bash:

Reactions: 2 people
I've been one of the biggest haters of bajakians playcalling this year but to complain about the play calling in the 4th qtr of a game we had wrapped up is just childish. I mean sorry but this game was finished so there was no need to continue piling on just to do it. Any team that would keep piling on in that situation would just be showing the world how pathetic they really are.

Congratulations to this team and the coaching staff and after all they've been through I'm so happy to see the seniors end their careers here this way.

If OP had his way he would have kept Hurd in the game and ran him till he got seriously hurt just to run up the score.

The last couple weren't even designed to gain yardage.

4th quarter play calling was nothing more than classy by CBJ. We had the game secured n he times it down. I don't think this coach will just run up the score just cause he can. I think it's respect for opposing coaches n kids. The goal is to win and well we did!!

Let me ask u this fellow posters.....do you think any of the four "playoff coaches" would've called the 4th quarter the way Butch and Co. did????? I rest my case.

Please, God, root for another team.

Reactions: 2 people
Let me ask u this fellow posters.....do you think any of the four "playoff coaches" would've called the 4th quarter the way Butch and Co. did????? I rest my case.

Don't worry, none of the "four playoff coaches" give a crap about this game.

None of the other coaches you speak of were up 45-7 either. Oregon pulled their starters in the 4th or did you not notice that?

VN Store

Back