UT not so bad in SEC 3 Pt %

My point is that as of now we shoot the 3 about as good as half of the SEC and are not as terrible as is being depicted in this forum.

Logic bro. SEC sucks at shooting. UT ranks at bottom in SEC. Therefore UT sucks at shooting. Even if UT was middle of the pack, it would still suck nationally.

Not hard to put two and two together.

Reactions: 3 people
At this point you have to think the OP is trolling, not because of his completely blinded views, but because he refuses to even attempt to see the opposite side.

He's either trolling or he's trying way too hard to make things positive that aren't.

That's still 260th in the nation, I'd say it's pretty bad. Maybe not when you look at the other bad shooting in the sec though.
This. All. Day. SD, you can stack up the facts however you want, but we're still a poor 3pt shooting team. The SEC is doing very poor this year, so the fact we are close to the bottom, is more discouraging than encouraging.

Reactions: 2 people
This. All. Day. SD, you can stack up the facts however you want, but we're still a poor 3pt shooting team. The SEC is doing very poor this year, so the fact we are close to the bottom, is more discouraging than encouraging.

Its outweighed by the fact we still beat a decent k state team and a top 15(at the time) team in Butler. Imo

Its outweighed by the fact we still beat a decent k state team and a top 15(at the time) team in Butler. Imo
Definitely. If we win games, I could honestly care less about our stats. Its troubling to me, when you have a team of primarily guards, who are shooting this bad. Aside from Josh, the consistency hasn't been there. Hopefully they turned the corner with Butler and NC State.

Definitely. If we win games, I could honestly care less about our stats. Its troubling to me, when you have a team of primarily guards, who are shooting this bad. Aside from Josh, the consistency hasn't been there. Hopefully they turned the corner with Butler and NC State.

We're on the same page. But just keep in mind tho while we're guard heavy, we're short on d1 experience and confidence. They should all come away with more 3 pt shooting confidence after NC State, even in a losing effort.

I know what you mean when you say that buy you might want to be more careful, if read the right (or in this case wrong) it seems as if you're saying facts don't matter,maybe I'm wrong jmo

Little stat lesson for you, standard deviation is 4.38 meaning in a normal distribution 68% of the numbers are within one standard deviation of the average of 33.7. The 1% between us and #7 is negligible. We jumped about 7% with our last game performance. We found the 3 shot, Mostella hit 3 of 6, Punter and Balkman hit 2 of 3, Derrick hit 2 of 2, and Armani 1-3. Keep that up and we'll easily be in the top tier!

the more threads you start the more I SMDH. I think you believe that if you keep spinning all this garbage somebody is going to believe you. you remind me of BTO with his love fest of CCM.

the more threads you start the more I SMDH. I think you believe that if you keep spinning all this garbage somebody is going to believe you. you remind me of BTO with his love fest of CCM.
Let's connect the dots for you. Defending the three seems to be a weakness for us. If most of the SEC shoots no better than I'd. To me that means we win a lot more games with our defense!!!

Let's connect the dots for you. Defending the three seems to be a weakness for us. If most of the SEC shoots no better than I'd. To me that means we win a lot more games with our defense!!!

Did you completely ignore my thread, it's a trend for teams to shoot better from 3 against us than their season average, perfect example is the game currently taking place.

Did you completely ignore my thread, it's a trend for teams to shoot better from 3 against us than their season average, perfect example is the game currently taking place.
Yep, perfect example was the game taking place where we hit 5 of 11 from the three point line and raised our team % from 31 to 32.1%. When the new stats are calculated we will probably be very close to the mean. That means the last two games we have shot 51.7% from beyond the arc. Time will tell but by the end of the season, we could well be one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the SEC. Remember that 10 for 18 performance was in a hostile environment. The better ours gets, the less important our opponent's becomes. Not get that? :detective:

Yep, perfect example was the game taking place where we hit 5 of 11 from the three point line and raised our team % from 31 to 32.1%. When the new stats are calculated we will probably be very close to the mean. That means the last two games we have shot 51.7% from beyond the arc. Time will tell but by the end of the season, we could well be one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the SEC. Remember that 10 for 18 performance was in a hostile environment. The better ours gets, the less important our opponent's becomes. Not get that? :detective:

I don't really agree with your last statement. The two aren't really related. That's like saying it doesn't matter if Josh Richardson's man scores 20 points as long as Richardson scores 30.

You still want to defend well because you can't always rely on hitting your average.

I don't really agree with your last statement. The two aren't really related. That's like saying it doesn't matter if Josh Richardson's man scores 20 points as long as Richardson scores 30.

You still want to defend well because you can't always rely on hitting your average.

I give up to be honest

Don't quite understand how if we hit more three pointers than the other team, that is not related to the final score. Guess we should have won a bunch of those games where we lost that stat, huh?

What does the discussion have to do with not defending? How does Richardson scoring 30 if his man scores 20 not related to the final outcome?

Update to OP after TT game:
2015 Season 3 point field goal %

Arkansas - 42%
Vanderbilt - 41%
Texas A&M - 37.4%
Missouri - 36.7%
Florida - 35.2%
LSU - 32.9%
Alabama - 32.5%
Tennessee - 32.1%
Auburn - 32.1%
Georgia - 31.9%
Ole Miss - 31.8%
South Carolina - 29.7%
Kentucky - 29.3%
Miss State - 27.0%

What does the discussion have to do with not defending? How does Richardson scoring 30 if his man scores 20 not related to the final outcome?

The point is that you can't sleep on defending the 3-point shot just because you shoot it well yourself. If shooting well from outside is an advantage you hold over your opponent, then you negate that advantage if you don't effectively defend the opponent.

So, in my hypothetical parallel, JRich would negate the advantage of the 30 points he scores by allowing his man to score 20 himself. Trae Golden is a more applicable example. Trae could put up 25+ on any given night, but would also give up 20 to his man because he couldn't play a lick of defense, so the net result was usually marginal because of his poor defense.

Bottom line, you still have to defend well in spite of your ability to shoot well on the other end. You can't just say one is less important because of an increased ability to do the other.

Update to OP after TT game:
2015 Season 3 point field goal %

Arkansas - 42%
Vanderbilt - 41%
Texas A&M - 37.4%
Missouri - 36.7%
Florida - 35.2%
LSU - 32.9%
Alabama - 32.5%
Tennessee - 32.1%
Auburn - 32.1%
Georgia - 31.9%
Ole Miss - 31.8%
South Carolina - 29.7%
Kentucky - 29.3%
Miss State - 27.0%

Which ranks us 227/351 D1 teams for those wondering

Reactions: 1 person
Don't quite understand how if we hit more three pointers than the other team, that is not related to the final score. Guess we should have won a bunch of those games where we lost that stat, huh?
Once again, ignoring facts or statements going against your "higher word". Ridiculous. Why do I even open your threads.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back