I don't think we let off...

runthrutheT

the gas if we get off to a good start against Ky and they are truly as tired as basilio is stating. I think we are looking for a strong dominating win and will find one sat I don't think we let up at all. Need to build confidence, continue to spotlight Dobbs for recruiting and enjoy a home November Ky beatdown. Vols 45 UK 13

Reactions: 11 people
Butch doesn't seem like a beat down kind of coach, plus Dobbs needs to stay healthy. I say if we go up 24-31 points, we see mass subs at the beginning of the 4th.

Reactions: 3 people
IMO, We need to get a lead early and get Dobbs out of there ASAP. We cannot afford an injury.The less film the better going into the Missouri game.

Reactions: 7 people
I believe we will witness a whole team effort this weekend' both offense and defense clicking. T - 42, K - 14.

IMO

Reactions: 1 person
here's to hoping that needing to let off the gas is a problem we have. That being said. It would be nice for us to really blow out one of our remaining three opponents. I think our boys could use a game like that.

Tennessee always gets any opponents best game. :yes:

Especially KY. I think we sometimes forget how closely KY has played us over the years -- even in the late 90s and early 2000s when our talent was vastly superior.

Reactions: 3 people
you think they only score 17 on us and they been scoring on everyone

Well the defenses they have played against have not had stellar db's. So given the fact we have more talent in the defensive backfield then some of the teams they have played yes I as well think they will not score over 17 against us

Butch doesn't seem like a beat down kind of coach, plus Dobbs needs to stay healthy. I say if we go up 24-31 points, we see mass subs at the beginning of the 4th.

If this is the case, I agree. We need to keep the ones healthy and rested as well as build some game experience for the subs.

If our defense plays like the first half if the year I can see us holding them under 20, if not this will be like the Carolina game.

Its all about your perspective.

Those aren't dark enough. Some people obviously have some so dark they can't even see out of them.

These are the same people That will be on here complaining about how bad we looked if we only win by a few points. We have some fans who are in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:
Especially KY. I think we sometimes forget how closely KY has played us over the years -- even in the late 90s and early 2000s when our talent was vastly superior.

I keep seeing people say this, that the games were 'close' so I went to: Winsipedia - Tennessee Volunteers vs. Kentucky Wildcats football series history games list

Going back 20 years to 1993, the average margin of victory for Tennessee was 20.2 points.

Between 1993-2000, the average margin of victory was 36. Those very talented late 90's Fulmer teams won by a margin of 46, 28, 39, 35, and 39 (1996-2000).

Since Fulmer was fired, the average margin of victory has dropped to 9, including one loss.

In 20 years, they have only kept the game within single digits 7 times (including one outright win). 5 of those 7 games have been in the last 10 years, however.

None of that matters this Saturday, of course. The good news is that like every other meeting, Tennessee has the more talented team. Further good news is that the game is played at home and the team is rested.

Reactions: 8 people
I would love to see us have a big win by 20+ Saturday. It would boost the team and the fans.

VN Store

Back