Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of Basilio's "sources" or one of those young guys that write for him tried to float that out there earlier this season. Something about Butch had decided Dobbs wasn't 'his guy'.

It was laughable.

No, see Butch loves Dobbs. It's Bajakian that hates him.

I think Art Briles could do the same thing in the NFL. He has been mentioned a few times on Atlanta radio as someone Arthur Blank may talk to when Mike Smith is fired.

I could see that happening. Great system.

Do they have Gaulden playing safety?

I still feel like he could dominate at corner.

I do as well and thought that was where he would end up. But the prospects of having him and TKJr together on the back end makes me hyperventilate. :)

I do as well and thought that was where he would end up. But the prospects of having him and TKJr together on the back end makes me hyperventilate. :)

You right. Getting him on the field will be good. All these guys that are freshmen this year are going to take a huge leap by next season. We're gonna be good. Might be really really good.

I'm a bit surprised CBS went ahead and picked the Egg Bowl over the Iron Bowl...but I guess since they had to make the decision an extra week in advance, kind of forced.

That part was probably what delayed all this so long, though.

Now we know why. CBS had to take the Egg Bowl because Alabama will have been on 5 times after this weekend's game. Per the contract, CBS can't show a team more than 5 times. Surprised there isn't an Alabama exception. So, ESPN picks up the Iron Bowl, and evidently they are preparing to run an alternate feed through the SECN. Of course they are.

Reactions: 1 person
Hello! Is there anybody out there?

is-there-anybody-out-there-o.gif

Gaulden is practicing at corner. Mostly nickel right now think he may be an upgrade in that position next year.

He needs to be playing nickel now! Coleman will continue getting picked on. I have a feeling UK will line Robinson in the slot against him, and exploit that match-up the entire game.

He needs to be playing nickel now! Coleman will continue getting picked on. I have a feeling UK will line Robinson in the slot against him, and exploit that match-up the entire game.

You don't think a true freshman that had never been a nickel until now wouldn't get picked on? Coleman hasn't been as bad as everyone makes him out to be this year. It' just so happens he has the 1 or 2 obvious plays that make people forget the other plays he makes. Both coopers make everyone look silly in slot

Reactions: 5 people
You don't think a true freshman that had never been a nickel until now wouldn't get picked on? Coleman hasn't been as bad as everyone makes him out to be this year. It' just so happens he has the 1 or 2 obvious plays that make people forget the other plays he makes. Both coopers make everyone look silly in slot

Coleman is having his best season - not even close. I don't fault him for not covering the Coopers well, very few d-backs have. Yet, it has been done at times this season. Usually a DC matches up his best d-back, Sutton, on the best receiver of the opponent. Apparently this coaching staff rarely does that on either side of the ball. I view that as a coaching issue, not a player issue.

What the?

@JimmyHyams: I know potential can of worms I'm opening, but if you're the dad of girl that got visor at UT-Bama game from Lane Kiffin, please contact me

What the?

@JimmyHyams: I know potential can of worms I'm opening, but if you're the dad of girl that got visor at UT-Bama game from Lane Kiffin, please contact me

Somewhere in Knoxville a single mother with a 3 year old child will soon be verifying the Paternity of her daughter by a single strand of hair from that visor.

Yes I'm spreading rumors and no I don't care.

Reactions: 4 people
Coleman is having his best season - not even close. I don't fault him for not covering the Coopers well, very few d-backs have. Yet, it has been done at times this season. Usually a DC matches up his best d-back, Sutton, on the best receiver of the opponent. Apparently this coaching staff rarely does that on either side of the ball. I view that as a coaching issue, not a player issue.

I can't really think of too many specific examples of coaches rotating their best outside corner down to the nickel to cover a slot receiver. I feel like that would cause a lot of other problems with alignment and coverage.

Also if we'd had Sutton following Cooper all over the field in the USC game, Coleman would have been lined up outside on Damiere Byrd. Talk about a bad matchup. Byrd would blow straight by him every snap.

Reactions: 2 people

Yes, we know. You tell us in every thread.

Reactions: 7 people
Hurd, hall, Moseley and now Williams. UT Commits/signees to suffer season ending injuries their senior year or before they enroll in classes their freshman year.

That's a lot, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back