Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payne wasn't always a QB, but did do some read option stuff occasionally

Yep, forgot him. We need to put them all in the line-up at once next time we play Bama, then Saban would have a real excuse for not knowing who to prepare for at QB.

Not to sound mean, but no chance in hades he makes an NFL roster

It's not that far fetched. Especially considering no one is saying he'd be viewed as a #1 or #2.

I'd guess being a 3rd/practice QB in the NFL is 85-90% learning an offense, filling a roll in practice, generally not being a distraction, and above everything else, finding the right situation.

Go look up the guys currently in those roles. Sure, there are some guys like Mettenberger that are developmental and have higher expectations, but a lot are just true emergency and practice players.

It's not crazy to think a healthy Worley could hit it off with a coaching staff and find a spot on a team.

Apparently there's a story out there in the Tennessean that Marlin Lane committed sexual assault last year.

Nm.

I don't want to open that can of worms.

I know what you're going to get at - maybe Butch and Co. knows more than we do about the "incident".

Here's my stance on it. You guys can agree, disagree whatever. Its all opinion based and we all have opinions.

If a player on my football team were even accused of something as a egregious and disgusting as rape, he wouldn't be on the team anymore. I don't care about the extra stuff.

Now, on the the real situation. They decided not to kick him off the team. Okay. Now they get to deal with the backlash of their decision.

Reactions: 1 person
I know what you're going to get at - maybe Butch and Co. knows more than we do about the "incident".

Here's my stance on it. You guys can agree, disagree whatever. Its all opinion based and we all have opinions.

If a player on my football team were even accused of something as a egregious and disgusting as rape, he wouldn't be on the team anymore. I don't care about the extra stuff.

Now, on the the real situation. They decided not to kick him off the team. Okay. Now they get to deal with the backlash of their decision.

I agree to an extent. But we have an administration that won't budge on minor things like bending grade restrictions for athletes, so it's hard to imagine the administration would budge on something like this for athletes if it were clear cut.

Wish they'd have booted him though, just to avoid all doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back