Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
Don't you guys know that Gruden has secretly accepted the UM job already? TIFWIW..... and that this whole Jones thing is just a conspiracy by the media to continue the hysteria with the Vol fan base. :birgits_giggle:

Maybe Butch is waiting on Dantonio to retire. Mich St has been the best program in the state for awhile.

FFS Michigan is NOT getting CBJ. Michigan will get a PROVEN HIGH PROFILE WINNER

The talk that because CBJ is from Michigan, he may want to go "home" is unfounded speculation. My experience with Michiganders is once they come south, they have a tendency to not return (except to visit). Just sayin'.

Reactions: 3 people
if Butch had a winning record, it's plausible that Michigan may look.
They aren't coming after him, yet. After the hire, their rival OSU made. Michigan will hire a coach that has multiple conference championships and has been a contender in the National Championship race

I told you all to be patient. This was all part of the plan. Michigan will hire Butch Jones and Jon Gruden will take over. Soon.

Puh..leeeaaasseeee.. don't start the Grumors again! Don't think I can go through that a second time!:)

The talk that because CBJ is from Michigan, he may want to go "home" is unfounded speculation. My experience with Michiganders is once they come south, they have a tendency to not return (except to visit). Just sayin'.

Exactly, that is why they flock down here by the thousands from Michigan.( ie the Fairfield Glade and Tellico Village People). Why would you want to go back to the hell-hole once you've experienced God's Country?

No truer words have ever been spoken.

If he wants to go then let him. He's actually done the hard work to make this position attractive again. No need to stress over it or throw money and big contracts at him.

I disagree! He leaves and the top 5 recruiting class will fall to pieces. Then your right back at the beginning. If anything UT fans should be begging him to stay for the stability he has brought alone!

Reactions: 1 person
One we're all overlooking for the Michigan job is Chip Kelly. If he's willing to listen to UF; he would surely be willing to listen to UM.

Fulmer used take shots of Jack with John Ward before games, and then go out and stomp some mud holes in Alabama's a**.

Ten years later...
Now we're here?
Back rubs, flowers, and hugging each other over recruiting rankings.

Butch needs to come out and squash the rumors....
If not, take a bucket of water, and roll the F out of town to put out the UM dumpster fire.
I'm from Tennessee, so I can't fathom UM being a dream job.
He's not from here, so maybe he goes.
The one thing I do understand is I'm getting sick of us getting a** smashed every weekend on ESPN.
But the idea he deserves a raise for 5-6 seasons is ridiculous.....
If he's worth 3 million, Fulmer was worth 17 trillion.

Fulmer lost 3 of his last 4 vs Bama, including 2008 when 30k+ Bama fans took over Neyland. Guess you forgot that part.

Harbaugh, Miles would be their first tries. Likely not to get either. So i don't know what direction they go from there. Saban would go to Texas before he'd go to Michigan.. Bielema i'd say would be about where Jones is on their list. About scraping the bottom of the barrel at that point.

Two of the most promising coaches in the SEC is not scraping the bottom of the barrel but I see why you would say that...Butch is garbage and UM needs to look elsewhere! :eek:k:

No one ever knows what someone else is thinking...but I believe that Butch has made too much of an investment, not just financially, to walk away from Tennessee at this point...

These coaches are not rooted here in Tennessee. They will do what they think is in the best interest of their family every time. The days of having a loyal home grown coach are gone, don't get to attached to the staff.

These coaches are not rooted here in Tennessee. They will do what they think is in the best interest of their family every time. The days of having a loyal home grown coach are gone, don't get to attached to the staff.

Unlike Kiffin, Butch has scruples. I don't think he could look at himself in the mirror. I doubt he would do that to the players he has recruited.:hi:

Unlike Kiffin, Butch has scruples. I don't think he could look at himself in the mirror. I doubt he would do that to the players he has recruited.:hi:

Uh, have you checked his track record? His longest stint as a HC is 3 years. He did it to those recruits.

I don't think Butch leaves, but don't be so naive.

WVLT reported last night that the MI folks have already reached out to Butch and he's listening. TIFWIW

This was all started by a South Carolina guy on 247. This week TN plays South Carolina. He knows how whacko the TN media will get over this. What better time than for him to throw this out there?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back