The Offensive Line is Atrocious Thread (merged)

Over / Under on SACKS vs Ole Miss...................I got $100 saying we give up 8+ sacks....I am a VFL, but I also have to pay the bills.............hahahahaha

That D-Line for Ole Miss is VICIOUS and they don't need to blitz to hit the QB, so I expect this score to be a BLOWOUT.............

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Everyone says we have taken a step back since OU..you know what has changed since then?? Thomas started at RT since then....was not there the first 3 games of the season.

I played SS in high school and wrestled..moved to LA and train BJJ and been fortunate to have the opportunity to roll with some really high level guys. In the fight sport it is one on one....just like Butch says...gotta win the one on one match ups...and if that guy across from you starts getting the best of you and you can't overcome it...it gets in your head...you lose.

Surely a self appointed bad @$$ like you know that from your Pop Warner days.

:rofl:
Why would you have to move to LA to train BJ's? :blink:

Over / Under on SACKS vs Ole Miss...................I got $100 saying we give up 8+ sacks....I am a VFL, but I also have to pay the bills.............hahahahaha

That D-Line for Ole Miss is VICIOUS and they don't need to blitz to hit the QB, so I expect this score to be a BLOWOUT.............

I wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss gets that many sacks and Worley is knocked out for the rest of the year

It's kind if hard to be beaten one on one mentally when you're in a zone blocking scheme and don't even know who you'll be squaring up with from play to play.

Most of the Dooley recruits just hung out at the gym and didn't do any S&C..that's a proven fact backed up by player statements.

A valid point..... if Dooley had been the coach last year. They've been in Butch's system long enough to be fully physically developed. And the 3 we're talking about are RS Jrs. Redshirt being a key component. They've been there 4 years. They may lack talent, but they don't lack in physical development. That arguement holds no water.

A valid point..... if Dooley had been the coach last year. They've been in Butch's system long enough to be fully physically developed. And the 3 we're talking about are RS Jrs. Redshirt being a key component. They've been there 4 years. They may lack talent, but they don't lack in physical development. That arguement holds no water.

This. So tired of the youth/development excuse.

:mf_surrender:

Here I am. I honestly thought with Jackson, Crowder & Wiesman the middle of the line would be solid. The inside running would've been there. Thought our short passing game would cover up our short comings at tackle till they progressed. As I said earlier never thought losing Gilliam in the opener would wreck our whole season.

2-3 years of slackass in the gym makes a huge impact.

Its like taking a guy who does regular deadlifts and pitting him against someone who does them in a smith machine..guess who is going to lose?..

I mean we had a football team just checking off a piece of paper that they worked out..What The F..

I was watching Dallas beat Seattle a few minutes ago, and the announcers just couldn't compliment Dallas enough on the improvement in their o-line from last year to this year. Since D Dooley is such an important cog in the Cowboys coaching staff, does anyone think that Butch could get him to come back and help develop our o-line too?

Stryker had a whole lot to do with the sacks that game. Not many teams can keep that guy at bay. But, it's clear our OL has taken a step back since that game. Being called out and judged by performance is part of playing at this level....good and bad. UTC sacked Worley how many times?1 time or 6 times? that's UTC

I understand being called out but as Tennessee fans we can be extra tough. See cromptons psych reports haha. It is much easier for a line to seem like it is regressing though. Every week teams go over your weakness's and strengths so the weakness in our line is being over exploited and it makes them seem worse when in actuality it's the result of teams seeing what works so well. Right now everyone is just cashing in week after week because they know how easy it is to disrupt our offense. It's the same as a players numbers going down late in the season or in the following season. People gameplan against what beats them. Our receivers beat them, therefor they stop that by applying enough pressure to make them irrelevant. When utc chose not to take the advice of film and only rushed 4 near the goal line, the line held just fine and we throw a touchdown to mr. Automatic fade north.

So why would teams do anything other than blow up our line? They wouldn't. That's why the sack totals get higher and higher. Teams realize more and more every week that they can just send the house. The reason behind more and more sacks.

I understand being called out but as Tennessee fans we can be extra tough. See cromptons psych reports haha. It is much easier for a line to seem like it is regressing though. Every week teams go over your weakness's and strengths so the weakness in our line is being over exploited and it makes them seem worse when in actuality it's the result of teams seeing what works so well. Right now everyone is just cashing in week after week because they know how easy it is to disrupt our offense. It's the same as a players numbers going down late in the season or in the following season. People gameplan against what beats them. Our receivers beat them, therefor they stop that by applying enough pressure to make them irrelevant. When utc chose not to take the advice of film and only rushed 4 near the goal line, the line held just fine and we throw a touchdown to mr. Automatic fade north.

So why would teams do anything other than blow up our line? They wouldn't. That's why the sack totals get higher and higher. Teams realize more and more every week that they can just send the house. The reason behind more and more sacks.
The reason we're giving up more sacks is Tht defense know they can get to worley with a 3 or 4 man front. Then they can press our WRs or llet LBs focus on quick routes.

We had some offensive success against OU and UGA because we beat some of their blitzes on draws and/screens. Now defense realize they don't have to send the house and they can watch for those plays.

I was watching Dallas beat Seattle a few minutes ago, and the announcers just couldn't compliment Dallas enough on the improvement in their o-line from last year to this year. Since D Dooley is such an important cog in the Cowboys coaching staff, does anyone think that Butch could get him to come back and help develop our o-line too?

Best. Comment. Ever

Gotta feelin we are gonna see a ton of holding flags Saturday....

...and quite honestly, it wouldn't bother me a bit.

I hope Worley has one! The insanity of pretending to run an option combined with our OL.....bad medicine.
I would put him under center with a Power I and a TE blocking out of the backfield. Something has to be changed until we get it fixed......he is taking a beating!!

I hope Worley has one! The insanity of pretending to run an option combined with our OL.....bad medicine.
I would put him under center with a Power I and a TE blocking out of the backfield. Something has to be changed until we get it fixed......he is taking a beating!!
Yeah, not having a credible threat to gash defenses when they don't respect the zone read, is probably one of the reasons this offense has sucked even when having a veteran OL last year.

I like Worley and all, but Dobbs is hands down the best QB fit for Bajakian's offense. He made some freshman mistakes last year, but he rebounded very well against KY.

I think the staff is putting too much emphasis on seniority (Worley > Peterman > Dobbs) rather than talent and scheme fit.

They should try the drop and roll technique which may confuse the defense. It can't be any worse than unsuccessfully attempting to block.

I was at the game Saturday and I gotta give it up to Worley Bird. He would take a hit, and you know he had to be absolutely pissed at his line, but he would jog off the field with his head up and get ready for the next series.

I know he has been devoted to the CBJ philosophy of growing and process and all that but maybe he should give the O-Line an old fashioned a** chewing on live TV to get them fired up!

I was at the game Saturday and I gotta give it up to Worley Bird. He would take a hit, and you know he had to be absolutely pissed at his line, but he would jog off the field with his head up and get ready for the next series.

I know he has been devoted to the CBJ philosophy of growing and process and all that but maybe he should give the O-Line an old fashioned a** chewing on live TV to get them fired up!
If I were him, I'd be tempted to light into them as well. I'd be like "Damn, guys...not only is this killing our chances to win this game, but I ain't got a chance in hell of playing on Sundays if I'm laying down glaring at the clouds all day/every Saturday!"

They are terrible. Its hard to believe Blair or Pair arent better than Thomas at this point. Maybe we shouldnt recruit any mor "airs" to play OL.

VN Store

Back