Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this staff is more involved with Shawntrez Davis than what most realize, the guys is just very quiet on his recruitment so it's hard to know for sure.

Yeah, Davis has been on campus several times. Wouldn't shock me at all if a commit was announced there, maybe after the Labissierre deal is resolved.

It just seems difficult to predict two losses to attrition before the 2014 season even starts, and that is essentially what you're doing by taking 5 commits.

I guess it's possible we don't land Clarke or Carter, though we are trending with both. I guess it's also possible that one of Phillips or Schofield are encouraged to check out their options.

It just seems difficult to predict two losses to attrition before the 2014 season even starts, and that is essentially what you're doing by taking 5 commits.

I guess it's possible we don't land Clarke or Carter, though we are trending with both. I guess it's also possible that one of Phillips or Schofield are encouraged to check out their options.

I think, sorry Krager, that Reese graduating and looking elsewhere is very possible after this season. Obviously we don't know for sure how he's gonna turn out, but with Tyndall having no commitment to him, and early reports being he's disappointed it wouldn't be shocking, at least to me.

That leaves 1 more guy leaving, predicting that one gets a bit dicey, and I'm not sure there's as sure of an answer for spot #2 as spot #1. I will just say that there's a list of guys who you can probably make an argument for as to why it's possible, so maybe Tyndall feels that with 4-5 guys being small chance, that odds at least 1 ends up leaving.

Dom is a guy who hasn't stayed at the same spot for the last 3-4 years, hopefully he's turned a corner, but you never know. Robert Hubbs hopes to play in the NBA and ASAP, not very likely, but a big season this year could have him weighing his options. Baulkman is a guy who got into some trouble in JUCO, suppose it's a possibility he could find himself in some trouble again. Mostella is a guy who had trouble making it into college academically, if he slips for a semester he could find himself in a tough spot to stay eligible academically.

Obviously at this point things look good with those guys, and not that I'm saying this is a bad thing (honestly), but like we saw with Pearl...when you take a lot of JUCOs, or prep kids, or highly rated guys that were available because of some issues, attrition is very common and sometimes completely out of the blue.

I think, sorry Krager, that Reese graduating and looking elsewhere is very possible after this season. Obviously we don't know for sure how he's gonna turn out, but with Tyndall having no commitment to him, and early reports being he's disappointed it wouldn't be shocking, at least to me.

That leaves 1 more guy leaving, predicting that one gets a bit dicey, and I'm not sure there's as sure of an answer for spot #2 as spot #1. I will just say that there's a list of guys who you can probably make an argument for as to why it's possible, so maybe Tyndall feels that with 4-5 guys being small chance, that odds at least 1 ends up leaving.

Dom is a guy who hasn't stayed at the same spot for the last 3-4 years, hopefully he's turned a corner, but you never know. Robert Hubbs hopes to play in the NBA and ASAP, not very likely, but a big season this year could have him weighing his options. Baulkman is a guy who got into some trouble in JUCO, suppose it's a possibility he could find himself in some trouble again. Mostella is a guy who had trouble making it into college academically, if he slips for a semester he could find himself in a tough spot to stay eligible academically.

Obviously at this point things look good with those guys, and not that I'm saying this is a bad thing (honestly), but like we saw with Pearl...when you take a lot of JUCOs, or prep kids, or highly rated guys that were available because of some issues, attrition is very common and sometimes completely out of the blue.

I see all those as possibilities, but to commit 5 guys early seems risky IMO. CDT knows more than me tho.

I see all those as possibilities, but to commit 5 guys early seems risky IMO. CDT knows more than me tho.

You can always part with current signees as well, we saw that happen with Landry, not the best move but it can be done.

Much like how none of us knew Q was pushing to graduate in 2 years and working with the staff to do so, Reese and Tyndall could've already discussed the possibility. I would think he would at least have some idea in his head if he's planning on signing 5 in November.

Bleed - what's ur thoughts on Skal. Is he a Tiger lock just along for a free game or is he really considering the Vols?

@OneBigHaitian: Wow time flies... in about a month I will be making my college decision. Came a long way... #cantwait #Wherewillskalgo #bless

Catch me up to speed..As of now, who do we lead for in 2015 and 2016 classes?

Chris Clarke a 4 star from Virginia is our big lead for 2015. 2016 I'm not sure but we are in on two 5 stars. Blackwell and another tennesee guy that I can't remember his name? Adu maybe?

Mario Kegler composite 5 star for 2016 class will be making an unofficial visit here October 26th per Jerry Meyer.

UConn and Duke are considered leaders atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back