Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

No but KY line is better than ours & RB is a former 4* gator. Also their QB is a play maker.

Im not saying we wont win & I hope its a blowout, god knows its long overdue. Im simply saying they are as talented as any team in the league & while dooley & muschamp have been confirmed to be linked to the same gene pool, this is still TN vs FL & I have seen to many of these go the wrong way to ever take them as a guaranteed win.

Kentucky scored 17 at home on Vandy. Can't be that good.

Matt Jones is kind of right its a 50 50 shot what are defensive backs attempt to tackle somebody they don't wrap up the best yet they tend to still go for the monster hit IMO

UF RB Matt Jones: "Their guys in the secondary don't do a very good job of coming up and making tackles.” Just more motivation for this team

One of three things happened here imo:

1. JONES got confused during the question and thought they asked about UF.

2. He thinks Trey Burton is still playing for Fla

3. He thinks B Moore is still starting for Vols.

Reactions: 10 people

I've heard a lot of fans from rival teams repeat the same basic thing - saying our secondary is bad. It's like they don't realize this team isn't anything like last year's team.

4. He hasn't seen film of Cam Sutton quickly diagnosing plays & blowing up RB's out of the backfield left & right.

Matt Jones is kind of right its a 50 50 shot what are defensive backs attempt to tackle somebody they don't wrap up the best yet they tend to still go for the monster hit IMO

Except Cam. He's like 95/5,almost always makes the tackle.

4. He hasn't seen film of Cam Sutton quickly diagnosing plays & blowing up RB's out of the backfield left & right.

5. Teague graduated and is no longer taking stiff arms and being outran by a TE down the sideline.

I got $20 that Randolph lays his ass out.

If y'all remember, 2012 UF game is the one where Randolph tore his ACL. I'm sure he'll be extra juiced for this one.

Won't be a problem we're going to be hitting him right in the mouth. Especially if AJ settles himself down and plays inside out. :)

I've heard a lot of fans from rival teams repeat the same basic thing - saying our secondary is bad. It's like they don't realize this team isn't anything like last year's team.

This. I think they've played pretty damn good actually. IIRC, the UGA WRs didn't even combine for 80 yards recieving last week.

And Gurley is Gurley. There wasn't too much we could against him. I will say that holding him to under 80 yards thru the first 3 quarters on 15 carries was pretty damn inpressive and I haven't seen anyone else come close to keeping him in check like that. He's the best player in the country and I think we all knew sooner or later that he would rip off a big run.

Didn't the Georgia player say that Worley won't have any time to throw? He only goes 23-35 264 yards 3 TDs and no INTs. Not bad.

Now UF talks trash about emptying stadiums and that the secondary cannot tackle? Okay.

Talk is cheap and I have a feeling UT will do theirs on the field this Saturday.

In regards to your avi, is that during the USCe game last year? Because I have that very picture saved on my computer to use it as a desktop. I love that picture.

Yep, it's from about a half second before Palardy's kick sailed through the uprights to win it.

I loved his reaction when he saw it was good.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back