Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

The last UF game my husband and I attended was the 2000 game. Still haven't gotten over that tebacle at the end with Gaffney(I think) and that supposed TD.:realmad:

The last UF game my husband and I attended was the 2000 game. Still haven't gotten over that tebacle at the end with Gaffney(I think) and that supposed TD.:realmad:

Yep. I was there too. The official that made the TD call was Al Matthews who was a Vandy grad. UT asked for and received a permanent ban for Matthews for all future UT games. The ball hit the receiver in the chest and bounced behind and between his arms and hit the ground. He never had any type of "possession" but Matthews signaled a TD. No replay back then. I'm not sure if Matthews ever returned to call a game after Fulmer left or not.

Last edited:
Alright, so here's a question... Say we win the coin toss. Do we defer and show them how good our defense is? Or do we receive the kick and get the first score? I personally like to get on the board first but we haven't done too well on our first series of games this year.

Alright, so here's a question... Say we win the coin toss. Do we defer and show them how good our defense is? Or do we receive the kick and get the first score? I personally like to get on the board first but we haven't done too well on our first series of games this year.

Defer...no brainer. Let our crowd get loud right out of the gate.

Reactions: 4 people
Yep. I was there too. The official that made the TD call was --??-- Matthews who was a Vandy grad. I can't remember his first name. UT asked for and received a permanent ban for Matthews for all future UT games. The ball hit the receiver in the chest and bounced behind and between his arms and hit the ground. He never had any type of "possession" but Matthews signaled a TD. No replay back then.

Ahhh..should've known.:jpshakehead:

Let's hurry up and finish off this thread, and get to #14. This thread is why we can't get any correct calls from the refs. :)

Watching the game again....and man....Ethan Wolf is such an awesome talent at TE. He looks a lot like Witten in college.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, if Fl comes out and turns the ball over within the first few possessions and the crowd gets into it...

Last Florida game for me was 2012 with Gameday there...great atmosphere until the third quarter...

And Kentucky does?

No but KY line is better than ours & RB is a former 4* gator. Also their QB is a play maker.

Im not saying we wont win & I hope its a blowout, god knows its long overdue. Im simply saying they are as talented as any team in the league & while dooley & muschamp have been confirmed to be linked to the same gene pool, this is still TN vs FL & I have seen to many of these go the wrong way to ever take them as a guaranteed win.

UF RB Matt Jones: "Their guys in the secondary don't do a very good job of coming up and making tackles.” Just more motivation for this team

Yep. I was there too. The official that made the TD call was Al Matthews who was a Vandy grad. UT asked for and received a permanent ban for Matthews for all future UT games. The ball hit the receiver in the chest and bounced behind and between his arms and hit the ground. He never had any type of "possession" but Matthews signaled a TD. No replay back then. I'm not sure if Matthews ever returned to call a game after Fulmer left or not.

Yes he did.

VN Store

Back