'15 TN ATH Jaylond Woods (UT Commit 4/20/13)

Butch Jones is not able to discuss Woods situation, but if he could, I would wager that the discussion of Woods involvement with the Vols program would have ended back in the summer.

FYI Traveled home to play some ball at the rec center last night and played a few games against Woods. Nice kid, SUPER QUICK, said he is still in contact and still has an offer. That could be complete bs, and he said a knoxville lawyer was involved and they hadn't heard anything in a week or so. He didn't know if that was good or bad. He's related to some guys I went to school with, hopefully his career lasts longer than theirs did. TIFWIW

Last edited:
Wow okay so just noticed he was informed today. Guess he was telling the truth, wish it was different and a Clinton guy could contribute to this team.

FYI Traveled home to play some ball at the rec center last night and played a few games against Woods. Nice kid, SUPER QUICK, said he is still in contact and still has an offer. That could be complete bs, and he said a knoxville lawyer was involved and they hadn't heard anything in a week or so. He didn't know if that was good or bad. He's related to some guys I went to school with, hopefully his career lasts longer than theirs did. TIFWIW

Did y'all play at the Clinton center? I used to play there almost every Wednesday before I moved.

Reactions: 1 person

give it up man, you aren't an insider okay, just stop living a lie. the e cred thirst with you is immense

Reactions: 2 people
i gotcha...dont know anything ab the kid. what did he do?

Went to a High School in LC's district last year. Heard he just couldn't stay out of trouble in school, apparently he moved to Clinton because he was in so much trouble.

Also he ran track aganist one of my friends and told him that UT was going to let him go and that was in March.

give it up man, you aren't an insider okay, just stop living a lie. the e cred thirst with you is immense

I'm from Clinton.. And I play at the rec center like EVERYONE who plays basketball and lives in Clinton. How is this me trying to be an insider? Please explain..

If WR were a bigger need, IMO the staff would be pushing and getting more WRs. TN has always been able to recruit top WRs. Yes, I know Van was quoted as saying he chose UGA because UT is loaded at WR. I have no doubt if CBJ wanted to sign 4-5 WRs this year, he could. IMO 2 WRs this year is plenty. Take 2-3 next year and we will be just fine.

If Preston Williams jumps ship, I will then be a tad bit concerned. Otherwise, I think we're good.

If Preston Williams jumps ship, I will then be a tad bit concerned. Otherwise, I think we're good.

PW needs to just shut it down if he is indeed 100% Vol. Is it worth stirring the pot so to speak to get some steak/lobster and a hug from Saban or Malzahn? If I'm a Vol, no chance. Why in the world would I want to travel all the way to AL or AU to act all fake like I am interested all along knowing I am a Vol? IMO it's just nonsense.

Cancel the trips Preston. No need to rock the boat.

PW needs to just shut it down if he is indeed 100% Vol. Is it worth stirring the pot so to speak to get some steak/lobster and a hug from Saban or Malzahn? If I'm a Vol, no chance. Why in the world would I want to travel all the way to AL or AU to act all fake like I am interested all along knowing I am a Vol? IMO it's just nonsense.

Cancel the trips Preston. No need to rock the boat.

I disagree. Let him take his five officials that most kids never get a chance to take. It'd be cool just to get wined and dined regardless. He's solid and yall shouldn't worry.

I disagree. Let him take his five officials that most kids never get a chance to take. It'd be cool just to get wined and dined regardless. He's solid and yall shouldn't worry.

Ya know for about 50 bucks you can grill your own steak and or lobster in your back yard with all the fixings and you don't have to waste a day traveling to do it. You also don't have to put on some fake act as though you're really interested in what others are selling. Maybe it's just me. Something tells me Mr. Williams has had plenty of ego fluffing thus far in the process. If he is sure he is a Vol, I just don't get the need for additional visits.

Ya know for about 50 bucks you can grill your own steak and or lobster in your back yard with all the fixings and you don't have to waste a day traveling to do it. You also don't have to put on some fake act as though you're really interested in what others are selling. Maybe it's just me. Something tells me Mr. Williams has had plenty of ego fluffing thus far in the process. If he is sure he is a Vol, I just don't get the need for additional visits.

...or have dinner with Nick Saban and let him kiss my ass for an hour or so for free?

VN Store

Back