'15 TN ATH Jaylond Woods (UT Commit 4/20/13)

Curious to see how this one plays out. With him not playing football as a SR, maybe he can focus on the grades and get the class work done. I figured with him not playing this year, UT would probably go in another direction. McKenzie is not playing this year, I'd guess UT will still take him. Maybe the same goes for Jaylond if he can get the grades in order.

KM is petitioning to play this year and he could win. Even if he doesn't why would you even question if CBJ would still take him? You guess UT would still take him? Good God. Woods is an average player at best whereas KM is the best DT in the 2015 class. HUGE difference.

Reactions: 1 person
KM is petitioning to play this year and he could win. Even if he doesn't why would you even question if CBJ would still take him? You guess UT would still take him? Good God. Woods is an average player at best whereas KM is the best DT in the 2015 class. HUGE difference.

I don't really question if they would take McKenzie as I know they would. Just saying if his situation does not matter(playing his SR year), why should Woods? Now if Jaylond does not get qualified, it does not matter anyway.

I don't really question if they would take McKenzie as I know they would. Just saying if his situation does not matter(playing his SR year), why should Woods? Now if Jaylond does not get qualified, it does not matter anyway.

Things in recruiting are never that black and white, and u know that.. Just stirring that pot til your arms fall off I see.

Honestly Woods and Bruce's scholarships may have to be pulled. We have much greater needs than athletes. Especially given the OL situation.

Honestly Woods and Bruce's scholarships may have to be pulled. We have much greater needs than athletes. Especially given the OL situation.

I hope this is your size. You are going to need it for what's about to come your way.
$_12.JPG

Keep Bruce and show Woods the door. It feels like a local kid always gets a bone thrown his way in recruiting, if not for anything else but to just keep local and in-state high school football programs happy. I think it's a gamble that coaches are willing to take to keep their foot in the door just in case that one freak athlete comes along. Right now Joc is the safer bet. Seems to be a good kid with no known concerns about character or grades.

Woods scholarship was pulled the day before Bruce was given a committable offer. Woods is no longer being offered. At best UT will help him get into a good juco program.

There is no way they pull Bruce's scholarship IMO. You do not offer a local kid and take his commitment if there is any doubt you sign him. That would be a very quick way to burn a bridge. Besides, it sounds as if Bruce has had a great start to his senior year. WR is also a need for us. Last year we only took Malone and Wharton. I'm not counting Pearson because he is a junior. We are not only going to take one this year.

There is no way they pull Bruce's scholarship IMO. You do not offer a local kid and take his commitment if there is any doubt you sign him. That would be a very quick way to burn a bridge. Besides, it sounds as if Bruce has had a great start to his senior year. WR is also a need for us. Last year we only took Malone and Wharton. I'm not counting Pearson because he is a junior. We are not only going to take one this year.

I have always thought Bruce was insurance just in case some better options failed. The burning bridge thing is way overhyped. It happens all the time. When a better player comes along, sometimes a player gets recruited over. Bruce is about average when it comes to athletes. As for WR, he is about average playing against average to below average competition.

I have always thought Bruce was insurance just in case some better options failed. The burning bridge thing is way overhyped. It happens all the time. When a better player comes along, sometimes a player gets recruited over. Bruce is about average when it comes to athletes. As for WR, he is about average playing against average to below average competition.

Some of the other options have failed. Newsome is the only one left. I can't help but think he stays in the Big 12. Like I said WR is a bigger need than people realize this year.

Some of the other options have failed. Newsome is the only one left. I can't help but think he stays in the Big 12. Like I said WR is a bigger need than people realize this year.

If WR were a bigger need, IMO the staff would be pushing and getting more WRs. TN has always been able to recruit top WRs. Yes, I know Van was quoted as saying he chose UGA because UT is loaded at WR. I have no doubt if CBJ wanted to sign 4-5 WRs this year, he could. IMO 2 WRs this year is plenty. Take 2-3 next year and we will be just fine.

If WR were a bigger need, IMO the staff would be pushing and getting more WRs. TN has always been able to recruit top WRs. Yes, I know Van was quoted as saying he chose UGA because UT is loaded at WR. I have no doubt if CBJ wanted to sign 4-5 WRs this year, he could. IMO 2 WRs this year is plenty. Take 2-3 next year and we will be just fine.

I think he was referring to the idea of dropping Bruce (a WR) to pick up someone in another position of need. Like dropping a Bruce for another OL. Hes saying we need to take more than just PWill

I think he was referring to the idea of dropping Bruce (a WR) to pick up someone in another position of need. Like dropping a Bruce for another OL. Hes saying we need to take more than just PWill

Nah, I'll take Williams on the outside and Bruce in the slot and roll with that for 2015 at WR. Oliver could possibly be a TE/WR hybrid type as he will line up in the slot a lot as well I'd bet. WR is 1 spot I think we are fine at. Turn the focus to recruiting WRs for 2016 IMO. Having Kendall on board already should greatly help that cause.

I still think the staff takes Tuttle and then will decide between whats left at OT, or a best available LB or CB.

That is what I meant. Williams and Bruce is a good haul. I would expect 3-4 WR's in 2016.

Nah, I'll take Williams on the outside and Bruce in the slot and roll with that for 2015 at WR. Oliver could possibly be a TE/WR hybrid type as he will line up in the slot a lot as well I'd bet. WR is 1 spot I think we are fine at. Turn the focus to recruiting WRs for 2016 IMO. Having Kendall on board already should greatly help that cause.

I still think the staff takes Tuttle and then will decide between whats left at OT, or a best available LB or CB.

I think thats what you me and Ethan Hooper are all saying.

Jay Woods was officially informed today that his scholarship offer has been rescinded. He can safely be removed from the commitment list.

VN Store

Back