2014 Season Pick Contest - Week #4

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Again, hard to pick 10 good games this week. and there was only one decent SEC game. Good luck.

-----
Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Last Week's Results

Week #4 Entry

Season Standings

Good luck and thanks for playing.

Last week sucked. Here's to hoping to improve the average this week.

Wow Freak, this is by far the toughest week yet. If anyone goes 9-1 this week they deserve a medal.

Wow Freak, this is by far the toughest week yet. If anyone goes 9-1 this week they deserve a medal.

It's been really difficult to find 10 good games each week. I usually have to include a few lesser-known games to keep from using lopsided matchups.

Good luck. :)

Dismal 6-10 this week...but still only 6 points out of first place.
This week is usually make it or break it time for this contest...good luck everyone !!!

I don't see updated standings.

When I click on the standings, it shows results after week 2, not week 3.

Freak has outfitted his servers with a jort detection software suite.

Change into some overhauls, a coonskin cap, and check again while humming Rocky Top. Should be fine then.

Impressive picking so far by the way.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if daj2576 checks this thread or not, but I am curious as to whether or not he uses his recruiting rankings methods in order to make his picks.

Reactions: 1 person
Last week was brutal. Took 5 upsets this week, I'm either gonna make a big jump up or end my chances completely.

The USU / ASU game will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

I missed week one so I have no chance of winning. So I just look at how my average is. I am 16/20 for 80%. That is funny because I am one of the worst at picking a slate of games.

Maybe I missed a week or I'm just scrolling past my name but I'm not even on the list. I haven't done THAT bad.

Freak I show 0 picks for last week . Did my entry not make it in or did I really suck that bad?

VN Store

Back