’14 GA DB Evan Berry (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corner is where we need him now. However, he is currently pushing 200lbs and if he gets any bigger I would like to see him at FS. I'm not saying he can't play CB. Probably should have put that all in my first post.
:)

Last edited:
What makes you wanna move him from corner if he's great there as a freshman is my question, I guess?

What makes you wanna move him from corner if he's great there as a freshman is my question, I guess?

Because he can be great wherever we need him to be?

Let me ask you this, would you rather have Gaulden at safety weighing 180 or Berry weighing 210? Look at this question knowing that Sutton already has one CB position wrapped up.

Because he can be great wherever we need him to be?

Let me ask you this, would you rather have Gaulden at safety weighing 180 or Berry weighing 210? Look at this question knowing that Sutton already has one CB position wrapped up.

I'll have to see them play, and I understand your point. Doesn't need to be a decision for a couple of years, but it could get more talent on the field.

I'll have to see them play, and I understand your point. Doesn't need to be a decision for a couple of years, but it could get more talent on the field.

Yeah, I'm looking at this as pieces to the puzzle and not just one position.

I haven't seen this mentioned and couldn't tell much from the highlights, but I'm just assuming that Evan is an aggressive and physical player like Eric?

Yeah, I'm looking at this as pieces to the puzzle and not just one position.

I haven't seen this mentioned and couldn't tell much from the highlights, but I'm just assuming that Evan is an aggressive and physical player like Eric?

I think a better description is smart + athletic player that just allows him to do everything at near-top gear.

The problem is you're filling in puzzle pieces that may not need shuffling for a couple of years, if at all. But, we will know a heckuva lot more in 1,2,3&4 weeks

I don't necessarily think we need to move Berry to safety, but if our depth at corner proves to be solid I think moving either Berry or Gaulden to FS eventually could be a good move. Randolph, Kelly, and McDowell are all more SS type players in ideal situations and having one of Berry or Gaulden playing FS could potentially be really big for us.

Tht bein said, we seem to have a pretty solid group of safeties at the moment and the bigger need is at CB. We need Gaulden and Berry more at CB there now. If one of them could step up there it would be huge.

I don't necessarily think we need to move Berry to safety, but if our depth at corner proves to be solid I think moving either Berry or Gaulden to FS eventually could be a good move. Randolph, Kelly, and McDowell are all more SS type players in ideal situations and having one of Berry or Gaulden playing FS could potentially be really big for us.

Tht bein said, we seem to have a pretty solid group of safeties at the moment and the bigger need is at CB. We need Gaulden and Berry more at CB there now. If one of them could step up there it would be huge.

McDowell 215 at safety.. Dude is a baller

Eddrick Loften could play FS. JMHO

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back