USU line

This a truly enormous move in the line. It's moved down 2.5 points from the open (7 to 4.5). A 2.5 point move in either direction if the line was 21 would be notable - and this is a 2.5 move from only 7 points.

Something is going on here. Since it opened, that means virtually all the action has been on Utah State.

I think a lot of people on the outside are viewing this as a version of Vandy vs Temple scenario

If I was a betting man - it would be UT and I would give 10. Perhaps 13, maybe go as far as 17. Anybody betting this game within the 4.5 range is going out on a limb.

If I was a betting man - it would be UT and I would give 10. Perhaps 13, maybe go as far as 17. Anybody betting this game within the 4.5 range is going out on a limb.

Utah State will score points - I don't have much doubt about that. In fact, if they get into the high 20s in points I think it will be tough for Tennessee to win.

What people don't seem to be talking about is how well Tennessee's WRs should match up against the Aggie secondary. They lost 3 of 4 guys in the secondary from last year and North, Pig, Pearson, et al. should physically match up well against their corners.

Utah State will score points - I don't have much doubt about that. In fact, if they get into the high 20s in points I think it will be tough for Tennessee to win.

What people don't seem to be talking about is how well Tennessee's WRs should match up against the Aggie secondary. They lost 3 of 4 guys in the secondary from last year and North, Pig, Pearson, et al. should physically match up well against their corners.

I don't think any Tennessee fan is concerned about how well our WRs will match up on their secondary. We all know what we have in that group. What we're concerned about is the QB's ability to deliver them the ball. A few solid quarters of aerial attack would go a long way in reassuring the vast majority of us that Worley can at least adequately deliver the ball.

Reactions: 2 people
Seems to me there are too many unknowns period. USU returns 11 starters, two with rebuilt legs? A lot of talent left their team last year. UT has 28 freshmen in the 2 deep. That speaks for itself. The experts missed USCe and Vandy so the trend is down...could be right, could be wrong. Go Vols

It obviously makes me nervous to see the money going towards Utah State now, because the same thing happened with the Temple/Vandy game and we all saw how that turned out.

However, that in and of itself might be part of the motivation for the line shift. People are seeing upsets yesterday and looking for others as a result. Our game would be a popular pick. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it still makes me uneasy. However, everything makes me uneasy after the last several years of Tennessee football. We'll see.

Culture of winning... what? USU has had one, maybe two nice years in the last couple of decades. Let's not overstate who they are or what they've accomplished.

Utah State Aggies Index | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Obviously their previous coach did something right. And yes, if you listened to the recent radio interviews, culture was specifically mentioned regarding then winning results of the past few years. How long did it take for Dooley to destroy the culture at UT?
I'm not overstating anything. The OP was regarding the line. I was offering reasonable factors and some morons take every comment as personal attack on their character.

I see you conveniently dodged my questions. Your original post in this thread was beyond stupid.

How so?
Did UT go 5-7 last year? Yes
Has USU played trams better than UT close? Yes.
And we haven't talked about their playmaking QB.
Then real stupidity is people taking those comments personally. The fact is that the Betting line is moving away from UT. Everyone is in hand ringong mode. Im simply providing a possible reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Moving in a big way from UT -7.5 to -4.5 and still going. Media hype getting the public on the USU bandwagon or do the sharps know something we don't?

For the non-bettors this means the money (almost all) is going to USU. This is a huge line movement and should be somewhat concerning.
Concerning? How people are betting has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Why on earth would anybody on the outside looking in have any confidence in Tennessee football other than knowing we had a nice recruiting class?

Why on earth would anybody on the outside looking in have any confidence in Tennessee football other than knowing we had a nice recruiting class?

We are fast, we have a top three relieving group in the country, a top 4 stable of SEC running backs, a solid QB who could be really good and Neyland stadium Going to be a MASSACRE

The "sharps" got that game right. There was reverse line movement on that one and the temple game that predicted the outcome of both. That same reverse line movement is indicating the sharps believe USU will beat the spread.

I don't like it.

According to the data I see Vegas still has UT at -7. Offshore betting has dropped UT -5. The betting public is betting for UT about 62% to 37%.

I would suggest that the sharps aren't moving this line but those who are shifting their bets due to some visible upsets the past few days.

That's just my opinion though.

According to the data I see Vegas still has UT at -7. Offshore betting has dropped UT -5. The betting public is betting for UT about 62% to 37%.

I would suggest that the sharps aren't moving this line but those who are shifting their bets due to some visible upsets the past few days.

That's just my opinion though.

Why does the offshore bet drop to -5?

VN Store

Back