I am worried re: QB's

Dobbs was a 247 composite 4 star & #10 pro QB

AJ McCarron was a 247 composite 4 star & #7 Pro QB

I guess that spread between #7 and #10 is pretty damning

Recruiting ratings are definitely NOT an exact science too many on her get caught up into a recruits star rating.

I've always agreed with your posts photovol. :hi: good to see there are some realists in here.

I hear ya, back behind the reality, I'm hoping for a 9 win season or a miracle.....have been for the last 8-9 years

According to what both Ainge And Swain say they have saw so far in practice it looks like Worley has improved his throwing a lot from last season. tifwiw

and then film shows up of him underthrowing passes yet again. Ainge and Swain......reporting only what folks wanna hear

Reactions: 1 person
I think Worley will be fine. All SEC -- no... but good enough to manage the offense and make some plays -- yes. I'm not sure what to make of Peterman after the UF disaster. He might not be SEC caliber. Dobbs is concerning because anonymous conference coaches said he is not SEC caliber. Hopefully, Worley gets it together as I think he will.

:lolabove::rofl:

what do you want them to say....

"man, the kid that looked awesome in the spring game is great."

"hey, UT should start that Dobbs kid. against mizzou he looked the part."

ofcourse they want the underthrower starting....SO THEY CAN WIN!!!

and then film shows up of him underthrowing passes yet again. Ainge and Swain......reporting only what folks wanna hear

I doubt they are just telling people what they want to hear. Their not saying he is going to be the best qb in the conference just that he looks better than were he was at this time last year. Then again you might be right they only get to see the whole practice and have played before.

:lolabove::rofl:

what do you want them to say....

"man, the kid that looked awesome in the spring game is great."

"hey, UT should start that Dobbs kid. against mizzou he looked the part."

ofcourse they want the underthrower starting....SO THEY CAN WIN!!!

I think UT was the ONLY SEC team to offer him a scholarship. He's a decent runner, but a very inconsistent passer. His accuracy needs to be improved before he's ready to be a full time starter.

It's still very early in fall camp, back off from the ledge people! It's all about timing and rythem with the qb and wrs. I personally don't see a need to panic yet. When USU steps into neyland all the bugs will be worked out, CBJ will have this team ( including qb's ) prepaired.

Mmmm very subjective. I don't think worley was the best during the spring game. Thought he did well and showed some flashes.

Worley was absolutely the best QB in the Spring game. Very good numbers vs the #1 defense. Dobbs looked very good as well but he did so vs the #2s.... very big difference.

Everybody seems to want to choose sides, pick his QB and all other facts be damned, even to the point that if an observer/media member says something positive about another QB or something negative about the QB he likes then the observer/media member doesn't know ish or is just lying.

How about we all just let the QB competition play out. Drop all the damn agendas and pull for whoever wins the job..... Myself included.

I'm more of a Dobbs guy but if Worley wins the job I'll be all in on him. I've been very skeptical that Peterman is actually being considered by the coaches and will ever play QB at UT again, but if he somehow does I'll be behind 100%. We all want the same thing .... the best guy so that Tennessee can get back to where we belong which is playing winning football.

Reactions: 3 people
We are a 5 win team at best if the QB play doesn't get better. The running game will be a challenge with a new OL so Bajakian needs to lean on all this talent at the WR position.

Totally agree.

That we are STILL, a year later, in the EXACT SAME BOAT with the QB's has me (perhaps irrationally) coming to the conclusion that none of these QBs will be the man to lead this program back to its rightful place. They may help plug some holes and keep the ship afloat, but at this point someone should be taking the reigns and they're simply not.

Worley was absolutely the best QB in the Spring game. Very good numbers vs the #1 defense. Dobbs looked very good as well but he did so vs the #2s.... very big difference.

Everybody seems to want to choose sides, pick his QB and all other facts be damned, even to the point that if an observer/media member says something positive about another QB or something negative about the QB he likes then the observer/media member doesn't know ish or is just lying.

How about we all just let the QB competition play out. Drop all the damn agendas and pull for whoever wins the job..... Myself included.

I'm more of a Dobbs guy but if Worley wins the job I'll be all in on him. I've been very skeptical that Peterman is actually being considered by the coaches and will ever play QB at UT again, but if he somehow does I'll be behind 100%. We all want the same thing .... the best guy so that Tennessee can get back to where we belong which is playing winning football.

Correct

Reactions: 2 people
That we are STILL, a year later, in the EXACT SAME BOAT with the QB's has me (perhaps irrationally) coming to the conclusion that none of these QBs will be the man to lead this program back to its rightful place. They may help plug some holes and keep the ship afloat, but at this point someone should be taking the reigns and they're simply not.

Jones has had two recruiting classes but hasn't been able to land the high caliber quarterback yet. Maybe in this next class.

Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) tweeted at 5:24 PM on Sun, Aug 10, 2014:
JONES: The QBs are starting to perform as we expected. I’d like to get to point where we can name a starting QB this week.

:whistling:

Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) tweeted at 5:24 PM on Sun, Aug 10, 2014:
JONES: The QBs are starting to perform as we expected. I’d like to get to point where we can name a starting QB this week.

:whistling:

Awesome! Thanx for passing info on.

My heart is attached to six wins. Surely one team will lay an egg and give us #6.
Nobody needs to lay an egg for UT to get 6 wins. 3 OOC cupcakes, Vandy, KY and then Mizzou at HOME. That is six right there. Before anyone questions the Mizzou outcome, no way in hell Vols should be considered the underdog at home to a team with far less talent, period. There are six wins on this schedule, maybe 7.
And it will not be overachieving either. Hell, UT could start a WR at QB ala KY a few years ago and if these coaches are worth their salt UT would win their share of games. GA Southern Went into the swamp last year with 1AA talent and won a game while throwing four passes. Time for the coaches to start making some hay.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back