Nashville Sports Bars

Sikerth

Hey all,

I needed some insight on the Nashville bar scene. My girlfriend and I just moved to Nashville from Memphis for work (I just graduated from UT in Knoxville this May).

She is a hardcore Grizzlies fan, and we were both wondering if there were any places around Nashville where similarly affiliated NBA fans gathered to drink and watch games? I don't know how well the Grizzlies bandwagon has spread through the state, but we were hoping for a place to meet some fellow fans and enjoy the games!

As a side note, I'll probably be able to watch most Tennessee football games on TV at home, and I'm hoping to make the trip for the Florida game, but are there any bars worth going to watch a game? I know the Tennessee fanbase is huge in Nashville, but I have no idea what the bar scene is like.

P.S. We live in Lenox Village off of Nolensville Pike near Old Hickory, so we're not too far from downtown, Brentwood, or Franklin.

Can't speak for the NBA angle, but Sam's on 21st is a nice place. McCabe Pub on Murphy Rd is good too.

Hey all,

I needed some insight on the Nashville bar scene. My girlfriend and I just moved to Nashville from Memphis for work (I just graduated from UT in Knoxville this May).

She is a hardcore Grizzlies fan, and we were both wondering if there were any places around Nashville where similarly affiliated NBA fans gathered to drink and watch games? I don't know how well the Grizzlies bandwagon has spread through the state, but we were hoping for a place to meet some fellow fans and enjoy the games!

As a side note, I'll probably be able to watch most Tennessee football games on TV at home, and I'm hoping to make the trip for the Florida game, but are there any bars worth going to watch a game? I know the Tennessee fanbase is huge in Nashville, but I have no idea what the bar scene is like.

P.S. We live in Lenox Village off of Nolensville Pike near Old Hickory, so we're not too far from downtown, Brentwood, or Franklin.

I find the bar in Lennox Village to be meh.

ML Rose is the best I've encountered, but I haven't been during football season.

Martin's and Edley's, while not bars, embrace sporting events and have excellent BBQ. They are missing the millions of TVs tho.

Corner Pub Midtown isnt too bad. The new Corner Pub in Brentwood has tons of tvs so should be decent.

Your gf might be s_ out of luck on watching Grizzlies. You'll soon find out they get virtually no pub up here. Maybe an update on sports on the news but that's about it. The radio broadcast is on an AM station.

Reactions: 1 person
I went to ML Rose for a UT basketball game in the SEC tourney and it was only on a couple of tv's. May be different during football season. Cool bar though

Broadway Brewhouse (Mojo) has plenty of TVs for sports. Last time I went it was smokey in there if you're ok with that.

ML Rose is a cool spot, never been for a game tho. Good food. I can vouch for Corner Pub and Brewhouse too (I think it has 5 locations and the 3 I've been to have all been good.)

Really appreciate all the feedback! It's going to be strange no longer living in Maplehurst with a half mile walk to the stadium on gamedays every week, but I'm excited to watch and support our Vols from Nashville!

Twin Peaks in Brentwood/Franklin.

make the drive from Nashville.

only about 10 minutes.

you will thank me later.

Hey all,

You picked a good little spot. I live a few miles south. El Sombrero is our family's favorite Mexican restaurant. You do have a sports bar on site, but it kindof sucks. Go to cross corner in Brentwood or roll to Cool Springs for plenty of options. Jonnies north of you can get a little rough.
I remember before Lenox was built and we had no idea if it would make it. Love to see it doing so well.

Corner Pub Midtown isnt too bad. The new Corner Pub in Brentwood has tons of tvs so should be decent.

Your gf might be s_ out of luck on watching Grizzlies. You'll soon find out they get virtually no pub up here. Maybe an update on sports on the news but that's about it. The radio broadcast is on an AM station.

They better fix their tv situation. They didn't plan for glare and you can't see many of their tv's. We went to watch world cup and left because we couldn't see. The guy said they hadn't finished Windows yet but they better hurry or they are going to lose a ton of money on game day.
Firebirds next door is fantastic.

I went to the Other Place on Friday, because I didn't want to venture down to the Gulch.

Never. Again.

At cool springs brewery right now. Cool spot, good beers. Seems like it'd be a good spot to watch a game too.

I'm going to the Brewhouse tomorrow for an event. Will report back on it.

Brew house midtown is head and shoulders the best of the Brewhouse franchise. Cool springs brewery is very underrated as a sports bar. Some of the best and most out of the box beers and the best fish and chips in town.

You picked a good little spot. I live a few miles south. El Sombrero is our family's favorite Mexican restaurant. You do have a sports bar on site, but it kindof sucks. Go to cross corner in Brentwood or roll to Cool Springs for plenty of options. Jonnies north of you can get a little rough.
I remember before Lenox was built and we had no idea if it would make it. Love to see it doing so well.

El Sombrero is awesome. My wife and I are in there frequently.

As far as sports bars go, I'll second Corner Pub and Sam's. Cross Corner would definitely be closer to where you're at. I haven't been there in forever, but I remember liking it.

Brew house midtown is head and shoulders the best of the Brewhouse franchise. Cool springs brewery is very underrated as a sports bar. Some of the best and most out of the box beers and the best fish and chips in town.

I was very impressed with it. We didn't eat there, but we enjoyed it enough that we decided to stay there instead of go watch the movie we planned on seeing. Their food looked good, so I plan on going back to try that.

Cool Springs I think. Going with a coworker for some thing related to what he does.

Never been to the one in Franklin, just midtown, west(on charlotte), and the one on 100. The one on 100 is a straight shot from my house, just have to drive through the speed trap known as Fairview.

Never been to the one in Franklin, just midtown, west(on charlotte), and the one on 100. The one on 100 is a straight shot from my house, just have to drive through the speed trap known as Fairview.

I am familar with that speed trap. I will be there Saturday.

The best Brewhouse, imo, is Midtown. But I'm thinking mostly in terms of beer, being a beer geek. The Brewhouse in Cool Springs has solid food and alot of TV's, but in terms of beer, while they have a good selection, they certainly don't get the stuff that they get at the Midtown location. Another place that has good food and TVs in Cool Springs is Jonathons. But I choose Cool Springs Brewery because of food and great beer.

I heard lots of vol fans get together at Jonathan's Grille in Cool Springs to watch the games.

The best Brewhouse, imo, is Midtown. But I'm thinking mostly in terms of beer, being a beer geek. The Brewhouse in Cool Springs has solid food and alot of TV's, but in terms of beer, while they have a good selection, they certainly don't get the stuff that they get at the Midtown location. Another place that has good food and TVs in Cool Springs is Jonathons. But I choose Cool Springs Brewery because of food and great beer.

The Johnathans in bellvue is good too. A buddy plays there fairly often.

And speaking of Bellvue... Alley Pub there is pretty good.

VN Store

Back