'15 GA OL Marquel Harrell

First, the Auburn commitment told 247Sports on Monday he is firm to the Tigers.

But later he noted, “Tennessee is my leader.”

How can a player be committed to one school but have another in the lead?

In a nutshell, Harrell said that while the Tigers still have his verbal, the Vols have a very appealing depth chart in his eyes, and that is giving him lots to ponder.

Harrell said Tennessee became his leader "after realizing the depth chart for Tennessee. They only have like nine offensive linemen on scholarship. Most are seniors or juniors. That means I can compete right away for a starting spot.”

Harrell is the No. 45 offensive guard in the 247Sports Composite. He committed to Auburn on April 21.

Before that, Harrell had been an Ole Miss commit.

“I’m firm … but anything can happen,” he said Monday. “I’ve thought about [de-committing], but I don’t know. I’m not sure yet. I don’t want to keep de-committing because I don’t want to seem indecisive.
To add Auburn is allowing him to take all OV's. His next visit will be to Us or Auburn.

Marquel Harrell ‏@HarrellMarquel 2m
💪💪💪
Bq1GxQHCMAIU9hW.jpg

Looks like that's in order to me.

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2m
OL now says that while he is firm to #Auburn, Vols are "right behind" .. Another twist Player committed to Auburn, but says Vols close behind …

"I called him again ... and he did not deny saying what he told me.

"I didn't mean to shock people," Harrell said.

He is now saying that he is committed to Auburn but Tennessee is right behind.

I have changed the story to reflect this." - Keith Niebuhr

Reactions: 2 people
Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2m
OL now says that while he is firm to #Auburn, Vols are "right behind" .. Another twist Player committed to Auburn, but says Vols close behind …

"I called him again ... and he did not deny saying what he told me.

"I didn't mean to shock people," Harrell said.

He is now saying that he is committed to Auburn but Tennessee is right behind.

I have changed the story to reflect this." - Keith Niebuhr

Holy crap I feel bad for the kid.

247 has that juicy story all teed up and they feel the need to call BACK and confirm that is what the kid said? It's almost like the 247 guys are like, "did he actually just say that"? "Call him back and make sure".

Gotta respect the kid for wanting to be a Vol. Hopefully it works out for him.

Ill be at Dave and Buster's behind the bar with nametag that has "UT Vols" on it

POA, my family and I are heading down to PCB in the middle of July for vacation. I'm going to try to stop by and say hey. Do you happen to play golf? I would love to go play while I'm there, but don't care to go by myself, as no one that's going with us plays.

I bumped this because he seemed to be changing his mind when the Ga.boys started to roll in!When I saw where he talked with Butch, thought something was up.

POA, my family and I are heading down to PCB in the middle of July for vacation. I'm going to try to stop by and say hey. Do you happen to play golf? I would love to go play while I'm there, but don't care to go by myself, as no one that's going with us plays.

No, i don't really have time. But there are a few courses around here

I hardly never have time anymore either. Any restaurants that you highly recommend to eat at while we are there?

Pineapple Willy's was good in the 90's. I heard it was destroyed by a hurricane at some point, but it was rebuilt. POA can confirm or deny.

Pineapple Willy's was good in the 90's. I heard it was destroyed by a hurricane at some point, but it was rebuilt. POA can confirm or deny.

It's still up. Everybody is raving about The Wicked Wheel right now. Angelo's Steak Pit. There's another place that's real good, but i can't remember the name right now. It's on middle beach road and used to be called the brewery.

I hardly never have time anymore either. Any restaurants that you highly recommend to eat at while we are there?

Ate at Uncle Ernie's the other night for the first time. Highly reccomend.

Some of my other favorites are Angelo's for steak, Boondocks, and Spinnakers (great hamburgers)

It's still up. Everybody is raving about The Wicked Wheel right now. Angelo's Steak Pit. There's another place that's real good, but i can't remember the name right now. It's on middle beach road and used to be called the brewery.

I'll have to try Wicked Wheel this week. Have also heard good things.

VN Store

Back