Wt:170 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Mook Reynolds - Yahoo! Sports

Mook Reynolds

Mook Reynolds - Hudl

VT commit. Vols offered.

RCS CHARLOTTE: Top Performers - Defense

1. DB MOOK REYNOLDS, GREENSBORO (N.C.) NORTHERN GUILFORD
Reynolds was the most dominant prospect at the entire event, regardless of position as he continues to star at marquee events this offseason. The Virginia Tech commit has grown nearly two inches from last year and with his new size, his physicality allows him to overpower opponents at the line. At the time Virginia Tech offered, Reynolds didn't have any other offers, but now it's clear that the Hokies landed a gem.

-Rivals

Adidas Georgia Showcase Top Performers

2. DB MOOK REYNOLDS, GREENSBORO (N.C.) NORTHERN GUILFORD
Reynolds recently committed to Virginia Tech and the Hokies look like they've found a good one. Reynolds is noticeably bigger and stronger than he was last offseason, and his strength and physicality gave opposing wide receivers fits on Sunday. Reynolds didn't back down from a challenge, taking on some of the events best wide receivers and often coming away victorious.

-Rivals

Sounds like this guy will be climbing in the rankings very soon. Glad we are in on him, he's a guy with a lot of upside. Great size for the position to go along with his athleticism.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like this guy will be climbing in the rankings very soon. Glad we are in on him, he's a guy with a lot of upside. Great size for the position to go along with his athleticism.

I agree with all of this. I went to a couple of his games last year...kid's got some real talent and with the added size and strength will fast become a hot commodity imo.

"My stock has been going up because I did really well at the (Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour) and now more schools are coming after me and it's really exciting," Reynolds explained. "If any school has interest in me, I have interest in them and I will discuss it with my family and take trips and see schools for myself."

"Last summer, I went to camp and they started sending me mail," Reynolds said. "They said they actually offered me a while ago but I never knew about until I talked to coach Thig last week and that's when he told me, 'If you didn't hear it the first time, hear me now, you have an offer.'"

"The way it worked it was I was talking to Sterling Johnson and he asked me if Tennessee was recruiting me and I told him a little bit, but then he told me he was going to call coach Thig for me," Reynolds explained. "He talked to coach Thig and had him watch my film and then Emmanuel Moseley, who's there now, we're from the same city and he's a good friend of mine so we talked on Twitter and then he told me the coaches liked me and he told me to call coach Thig. I called him and talked to him for about 30 minutes."

"I went last summer and I liked the facilities. The stadium was big, the indoor facility. It was all nice," Reynolds said. "I didn't get to see everything like I would now, but seeing the facilities was cool. "I'll go down and check it out and see what it's all like. I hope to go down there soon. I don't know when, yet."

-VQ

Reynolds plans to take a visit to UT soon with Sterling Johnson.

Sterling Johnson seems like hes already in our class. Helping sell the program to Mook and Rocky

Yeah that article made if seem like the kid may already be a Vol. I hope so, like Sterling a lot. I like Mook a lot as well. Would love for both of them to be a part of this class. Don't care if they both end up 3 stars or 5 stars. They've both got a lot of talent and potential. Actually I think cornerback and defensive linemen are some of the hardest positions to project to the next level, so if our coaches want them that's all I need to know. Sutton and Mosley did nothing but reaffirm that to me.

Last edited:
Kid is a very good prospect at CB. Body control and feet are very good. Also likes to mix it up and is much faster than he looks. This kid would fit in very well at UT. Hope we can pull him.

who cares if unc or ncsu recruit him or reid. id take vtech or clemson eval on them before those two hoop schools

Reactions: 1 person
really good prospect. he is going to continue to blow up. Got invited to The Opening. give me this guy or Cam Ordway. or both of course.

I really like the 5'11-6' long lean CB prospects in the 175-180 pound range that aren't going to outgrow the position.

Reynolds, Ordway, and Abernathy fit the bill. They have the body type and all have active hands and are aggressive in the pass and rush game.

Reactions: 3 people
I really like the 5'11-6' long lean CB prospects in the 175-180 pound range that aren't going to outgrow the position.

Reynolds, Ordway, and Abernathy fit the bill. They have the body type and all have active hands and are aggressive in the pass and rush game.

This kid and Ordway have the potential to be extremely nasty at the position. I like Abernathy too but those two are my guys I want at CB bad in this class.

Reactions: 1 person
Reynolds' name jumped on Tennessee board this spring after Willie Martinez went to Greensboro several times to see what the buzz was about with the member of the 'All-Name Team.' The talented cornerback plans to be at Tennessee on June 21 for its 'Orange Carpet' day.

He and fellow Greensboro native and current Vol Emmanuel Moseley know each other and talk about the Vols frequently. Virginia Tech still holds Reynolds' commitment, but the Vols are going to be real players for Reynolds down the road it looks like, with several other schools like North Carolina, as he continues to explore his options.

-VQ

Listed #1 on DB board.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow! A little surprised he's #1. Reel him in Willie, Thig, and Butch!

Me too. Top 3(Reynolds, Abernathy, Brazil) and still no Ordway or Martin.

I suppose we do need to keep in mind this is VQ's board more than the UT coaches. Considering the coaches can't discuss recruits, VQ much like we the fans do, just guess. VQ felt Harrell and Johnson were Vols and the coaches would take them up till the day they didn't. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Me too. Top 3(Reynolds, Abernathy, Brazil) and still no Ordway or Martin.

I suppose we do need to keep in mind this is VQ's board more than the UT coaches. Considering the coaches can't discuss recruits, VQ much like we the fans do, just guess. VQ felt Harrell and Johnson were Vols and the coaches would take them up till the day they didn't. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

I guess I could see Ordway being listed at the fourth position… Might be why he hasn't already pulled the trigger. Maybe his offer isn't committable right now. I wonder if the reason Justin Martin isn't on that list is because he is already a silent.

I guess I could see Ordway being listed at the fourth position… Might be why he hasn't already pulled the trigger. Maybe his offer isn't committable right now. I wonder if the reason Justin Martin isn't on that list is because he is already a silent.

I thought about that myself with Martin but then remembered they included McKenzie in their rankings for DT. We'll see.

VN Store

Back