Our AD/Administration likes slapping around this fanbase!

I Swear brother it does anymore! Its like we've forgotten who we are and have given up on being a prestigious program. I thought we'd definitely get a Pitino Jr, Cronin, Mack, etc caliber coach. We have stooped lower than low at this point. Very disturbing.

The fact that you think Petino Jr. Is a "Caliber" coach, tells me all I need to know about your dumb***!!

Reactions: 1 person
It looks like we've been negotiating with White since Thursday all the while ignoring interest from Howland and Cronin. And now that White has said no and we've let it go public, it gives all the leverage to other candidates.

I would imagine we're at the point now where whoever wants the job first between Tyndall and Wade will get it.

UTAD gon UTAD.

First off if they hire a guy who went 18-15 in his only year at a head coach then i'm looking for mattresses to burn. Second, if Tyndall turns them down then the search is gonna get really ugly really fast.

I guess everyone forgot Pearl came from a small school before he came to UT

UT only has $2 million in reserves,thanks to the last AD....they had a lot less before Hart got us in the black...so no,we don't have tons of money to throw around...White is a good coach,young,and plays an exciting brand of basketball...Tyndell is one of a few coaches to beat Pitino SR in an NCAA tourney game...he presses from the word go and shoots lots of 3's,but also changes his offense as personnel changes...so I'll wait on a presser on who we hire before making an opinion about the hire...but would be pleased with either of these 2...

Why don't you shut your freakin mouth...you don't know ch it about me dude. I for one can say I actually attended and graduated from UTK. Did you?

Who gives a crap if you attended and graduated UTK!! Doesn't make you a bigger or better fan than someone else that was less fortunate than you and could not go to school there.

Why don't you shut your freakin mouth...you don't know ch it about me dude. I for one can say I actually attended and graduated from UTK. Did you?

we know since you brag about it in every thread you make. The rest of us who also graduated from UT really wish you wouldn't

Reactions: 5 people
Who gives a crap if you attended and graduated UTK!! Doesn't make you a bigger or better fan than someone else that was less fortunate than you and could not go to school there.

Or someone who thought higher of themselves to not make up that you went to UT lol

Well guys, it looks like we are on our way towards another revolving-door, cheap hire in Michael White! MICHAEL WHITE???!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO in the hell is Michael White?! I didn't even know LA Tech had a basketball program! lol Here I was fretting over getting a Rick Byrd or a Pitino Jr type coach...those guys are looking like top notch coaches now. Why does our beloved school ALWAAAAAAYS settle for the bottom-of-the-barrel hires?! We cant do any better than Michael White?! I knew we'd screw this hire up. Our AD is cheap. We have the money to get a much bigger name here...total disgrace Im sorry. Just another slap in the face to our fanbase that DESERVES BETTER.:cray:

laughter.gif

Well guys, it looks like we are on our way towards another revolving-door, cheap hire in Michael White! MICHAEL WHITE???!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO in the hell is Michael White?! I didn't even know LA Tech had a basketball program! lol Here I was fretting over getting a Rick Byrd or a Pitino Jr type coach...those guys are looking like top notch coaches now. Why does our beloved school ALWAAAAAAYS settle for the bottom-of-the-barrel hires?! We cant do any better than Michael White?! I knew we'd screw this hire up. Our AD is cheap. We have the money to get a much bigger name here...total disgrace Im sorry. Just another slap in the face to our fanbase that DESERVES BETTER.:cray:

Fan base needs a safe word!!!

Typical troll type post. You have no clue.

UT hires on the cheap. always. The jury is out on CBJ, we may have gotten lucky.

UT will always hire on the cheap. You may love UT, but UT doesn't love you.

There is zero reason to ever believe in this administration. It is as if they are trying to make UT look bad.

Kind of hard to break open the piggy bank when you already had to break it open to pay for Dooley's buyout (5 million+). Hart's made smart hires so far, and it's going to take a while to get the AD in good enough shape where we can afford to throw down 2.5 million a year for a basketball coach. It'll take a little while to rebuild Tennessee's finances, but in the meantime a hire like Tyndall is really solid. IMO.

Something that's interesting to me is that during football coach searches there's always a lot of chatter about the "boosters" helping in this or that regard. For basketball, otoh, there was only chatter about the "boosters" wanting to get rid of CCM. No mention of any possibility about helping to secure a proven winner.

Seems like the fan base likes slapping around the AD. Let him do his job, then if you don't like the hire, whine away, which I'm sure some will do.

Fans are slapping themselves around.

Hart said a couple months ago that football is priority #1, and heavily implied a different standard for bball.

You were badly mistaking if you ever thought any coach not from a mid major conference was a serious possibility.

Again, expect another Martin-esque hire.

Seems like the fan base likes slapping around the AD. Let him do his job, then if you don't like the hire, whine away, which I'm sure some will do.

Or you could let people post what they want. Nobody is preventing Hart from doing his job a there's nothing wrong with critiquing how the search is being handled to this point. I don't believe anyone is pleased by a national rejection from a guy who would rather stay at La Tech than come to Tennessee.

I think we need to look at a couple of the high schools around town. Some real up and comers there, and possibly, if we get lucky (and they're willing to take a little less money) we may get a shooting star! Go get em Hart, a proven winner!

VN Store

Back