Why is Alabama a shoe - in for the CFP?

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
If Bama wins out, which is likely, they will be in the CFP. But why? Their only "marquee" win of the year was LSU, who at the time was 7-0 and has since **** the bed. They have beaten a whole bunch of average teams and lost to Ole Miss. Why should a one loss Bama team get the benefit of the doubt all the time? These rankings are supposed to be objective and only go off of this season, yet I can't shake the feeling that they get preferential treatment when it comes to this.

Who would you put above them?

That's the rub though. Just because they are Alabama and just because they are in the SEC doesn't mean much anymore. The SEC is no longer the powerhouse it was 2 or 3 years ago.

I'd definitely put michigan state in, they have more quality wins. Oregon, Ohio St and Michigan. Alabama has...Wisconsin? A 5 loss Arkansas team? A 4 loss Mississippi St team? A 4 loss UT team? A 3 loss but awful Georgia team?

I'm sorry, but if ever there was a year for the SEC to be left out, this should be it.

Exactly. They have a win over Wisconsin, who's labeled a marquee win for Iowa so it has to be a marquee win for Bama too. Their conference wins are all equivalent to or better than anything ND or Iowa has to date.

Don't even get me started on Iowa.

That's the rub though. Just because they are Alabama and just because they are in the SEC doesn't mean much anymore. The SEC is no longer the powerhouse it was 2 or 3 years ago.

I'd definitely put michigan state in, they have more quality wins. Oregon, Ohio St and Michigan. Alabama has...Wisconsin? A 5 loss Arkansas team? A 4 loss Mississippi St team? A 4 loss UT team? A 3 loss but awful Georgia team?

I'm sorry, but if ever there was a year for the SEC to be left out, this should be it.

MSU has some great wins. They also lost to a sub-.500 Nebraska as well. Bad loss.

I think MSU and Bama should both be in. Bama clearly looks like one of the best 4 teams in the country.

Who are the other 3 teams you would put above Bama?

I don't like Bama either - but other than Clemson, who would you put above them ?

They have serious NFL talent and a great head coach and defensive coordinator...

Reactions: 1 person
MSU has some great wins. They also lost to a sub-.500 Nebraska as well. Bad loss.

I think MSU and Bama should both be in. Bama clearly looks like one of the best 4 teams in the country.

Who are the other 3 teams you would put above Bama?

That's just it it though. How do we know Bama is clearly one of the best teams in the country? That talk really started up after they handled LSU. But now we see LSU was extremely overrated all season and way too one dimensional. Alabama lost to Ole Miss, who lost to Memphis.

Don't get me wrong, I know there is no chance Bama gets left out if they win out, but it seems they benefit from the media over - hyping their opponents so when they win, they are world beaters.

FTR record Miss State only has 3 losses. I agree MSU has the best resume of a one loss team from a quality wins standpoint but they also have some ugly wins vs garbage teams. Only thing I can think of that's holding them back.

When you've been as dominate as they have recently (he last 5+ years) and you're in the SEC, you're gonna be in the playoff

Perhaps, Alabama still has someone else on the schedule that might be 11-1 at the time the game is played

Bama has one of the best SOS rankings in the country. Mich St is the only playoff contender whose schedule is even close to Bama's. Given that at least 2 one-loss teams are going to get in, can you name two that deserve to be in over Bama?

Bama is the best team in the best conference. They also have the highest payroll with maybe the exception of Ohio State.

That's just it it though. How do we know Bama is clearly one of the best teams in the country? That talk really started up after they handled LSU. But now we see LSU was extremely overrated all season and way too one dimensional. Alabama lost to Ole Miss, who lost to Memphis.

Don't get me wrong, I know there is no chance Bama gets left out if they win out, but it seems they benefit from the media over - hyping their opponents so when they win, they are world beaters.

Throw the stats out the window and look at the athletes Bama has on the field. Recruiting is were you win championships.

If Bama wins out, which is likely, they will be in the CFP. But why? Their only "marquee" win of the year was LSU, who at the time was 7-0 and has since **** the bed. They have beaten a whole bunch of average teams and lost to Ole Miss. Why should a one loss Bama team get the benefit of the doubt all the time? These rankings are supposed to be objective and only go off of this season, yet I can't shake the feeling that they get preferential treatment when it comes to this.

If they win out, they will be the SEC Champions. With the level of play in the SEC, the Conference Champion is in the playoffs period.

Perhaps, Alabama still has someone else on the schedule that might be 11-1 at the time the game is played

Literally zero chance said team is 11-1 then and even if they are they're worse than many 6-6 teams

money, money, money....moneyyyyy...

what gets me is all those years (in the past) they won glass trophies they had schedules like Iowa...played NOBODY. Now that the big ten plays soft schedules they can't stop complaining about it.

money, money, money....moneyyyyy...

what gets me is all those years (in the past) they won glass trophies they had schedules like Iowa...played NOBODY. Now that the big ten plays soft schedules they can't stop complaining about it.

Alabama's schedule since 2009 is in the Top 10 in the entire country. If you're gonna make stuff up, do the slightest amount of research first.

Reactions: 2 people
The question should be why is Iowa even being considered. Can't wait to watch alabama destroy them and back my saying of how much the CFP is a joke.

The question should be why is Iowa even being considered. Can't wait to watch alabama destroy them and back my saying of how much the CFP is a joke.

First of all I seriously doubt Alabama will play Iowa since they will probably lose the Big10CG. Second I can't for the life of me comprehend how a Vols fan can ever say they "can't wait to see Alabama destroy" anybody.

VN Store

Back