'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

gorockytop

All Vol, All Heat!
Theres a new article about this kid on Insidetennessee.com. I don't have membership but it says this kid would love to be a Vol.

Position: QB
679504.jpg

Year: Class of 2010
High School: Heritage HS
(Vancouver, WA)

He won the Golden Gun Award for being the most accurate passer at the Elite 11 camp.

Last edited:
calling on all scout subscribers to fill us in haha. if he has the height and the arm and body stregnth then should be a good qb, considering he already is known for accuracy

I watched his film. Offense is out of the shotgun like most, but he looks to be a throw first guy. Can also make things happen with his feet. Throws a good ball especially the fade route, which is important in college. I dont know about his competition but looks like he could be transformed to a pro style QB. I think he has great touch on his throws also.

Threw for 3,000 yards and 30 TDs as a junior in 2008 en route to earning league MVP and All-Region honors. As a sophomore in 2007, he completed 182 of 255 passes for 2,880 yards, 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 games; was named all league and all region. Very athletic athletic -- 37 inch vertical leap and league champion in the 110 and 300 meter hurdles.

per Scout

More from Scout...

Grayson ran a 4.62 40, and while he didn't run in any other events, he did clock a 4.17 40 in the 20-yard shuttle at the U.S. Army All-American combine, held January in San Antonio.

Oregon and Washington have been to Heritage High to visit, and Tennessee, Nebraska and Alabama have all sent letters of interest. If Grayson had his choice, he'd love to play in the SEC. "Because of how big football is," he told Scout.com.

"This kid is a stud," said Barton Football founder Greg Barton. "He is big, physical and athletic. In track this spring he has set numerous school records in the sprints, javelin and hurdles. In two years of varsity competition he has thrown for around 6,000 yards and a whole bunch of TDs. He is a very solid QB prospect, but what few understand is that he can become a big-time SS, or OLB or TE/slot.

"The guy is flat out an athlete."

This is my first thread iv'e started in the recruiting forum and I feel awsome for doing it. Lol

This is my first thread iv'e started in the recruiting forum and I feel awsome for doing it. Lol

lololll as you should, this kid is baller, i just watched his highlights on rivals video. throw first, but if he has to, he'll take off.

p.s. he plays qb the way i play my qb in ncaa haha.

Sounds pretty good to me. Kiffin has known about this guy a lot longer than we have I'm sure. Trust the coaches! I can't believe I'm really following recruiting this hard this year. Go Vols!

Competition in the Portland area probably isn't as strong but this kid has better measurables than Scroggins as an athlete. Anyone know how strong his arm is?

Ht: 6-foot-3 (Event)
Wt: 184 lbs
Forty: 4.63 secs
Bench max: 245 pounds
Squat max: 375 pounds
Vertical: 39 inches
Shuttle: 4.15 secs
Class: 2010 (High School)

More from Scout...

Grayson ran a 4.62 40, and while he didn't run in any other events, he did clock a 4.17 40 in the 20-yard shuttle at the U.S. Army All-American combine, held January in San Antonio.

Oregon and Washington have been to Heritage High to visit, and Tennessee, Nebraska and Alabama have all sent letters of interest. If Grayson had his choice, he'd love to play in the SEC. "Because of how big football is," he told Scout.com.

"This kid is a stud," said Barton Football founder Greg Barton. "He is big, physical and athletic. In track this spring he has set numerous school records in the sprints, javelin and hurdles. In two years of varsity competition he has thrown for around 6,000 yards and a whole bunch of TDs. He is a very solid QB prospect, but what few understand is that he can become a big-time SS, or OLB or TE/slot.

"The guy is flat out an athlete."

Dang thats impressive! Scroggins still number 1 tho:)

Looks like a good prospect. I like his video better than Rettig's.

I do think he looks lazy or slow. But who knows...i trust the coaches.

Kid looks a bit raw, and it doesn't look like he runs a 4.6, either he's taller than 6'3" or his 40 time is off.

Yeah, there's no way this kid is 6'3"

I too think that the kid could be taller. No way to know for sure though. I am sure the elite 11 took measurements. Wish he would have come to our camp.

I was a fan of going after Brunetti, but I like what this kid could do for us more than him now. Obviously he is taller. Brunetti is a little more athletic and elusive, but this kid seems to be a little more polished in his passing.

VN Store

Back