Culinary, Arts, Thread.

@Behr how is it going around your area?
I'm still without water. Airport still closed til probably this weekend. My dad's flying into Tampa and driving here tonight. Tomorrow we're gonna try to get to his house on Sanibel. It reportedly had 6 ft of water in it.

It's on stilts but the lower level was turned into a living area and is not covered in insurance. Any damage to the upper level caused by the lower won't be covered. He's not expecting any coverage at all so he wants to get a handle on the damage. Imma be busy tomorrow.

I'm still without water. Airport still closed til probably this weekend. My dad's flying into Tampa and driving here tonight. Tomorrow we're gonna try to get to his house on Sanibel. It reportedly had 6 ft of water in it.

It's on stilts but the lower level was turned into a living area and is not covered in insurance. Any damage to the upper level caused by the lower won't be covered. He's not expecting any coverage at all so he wants to get a handle on the damage. Imma be busy tomorrow.
Sucks the way insurance does you all down there. Do you know when water may be back?

No idea. Only info I have is the standard.."a main water line needs to be repaired".
Memo to self: pick up some more bottled water next time it’s on sale.

We can deal with stinky. But we do need water to drink* and to flush toilets.

*edit to add: and make coffee. We’re really useless without morning coffee. ☕

I filled both tubs with water so I have water to flush and plenty of bottled water to drink and for coffee. I've had several "splash" showers and dont stank yet, but I really really really want a nice long hot shower. Was gonna find a room just to take a shower but nothing close available yet.

It's still bad. I'm just not whining about it. Lol.

Poster posted this earlier today in the RF:

I just got off Sanibel Island via Air boat I lost a house and Two boats. I'm moving back to Tennessee I'm done.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Screenshot_20221003-183246_Chrome.jpg
^That's my old house I lived in when I lived on the beach. It got flooded on the bottom floor bt that's it.

The arrow ain't where it's supposed to be. It's the house on the bottom almost in the middle. Right above the ou in house.

Poster posted this earlier today in the RF:

I just got off Sanibel Island via Air boat I lost a house and Two boats. I'm moving back to Tennessee I'm done.
My dad lost 2 boats and he's not sure about the house yet. We're gonna find out tomorrow. I'll have pictures. That's mostly what he wants me to do.

I filled both tubs with water so I have water to flush and plenty of bottled water to drink and for coffee. I've had several "splash" showers and dont stank yet, but I really really really want a nice long hot shower. Was gonna find a room just to take a shower but nothing close available yet.

It's still bad. I'm just not whining about it. Lol.
Are these the tubs you peed in

Reactions: rocytop2624

VN Store

Back