Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I keep checking recipes online, and nothing has really resonated yet. Apparently there are zillions of variations.

That’s why I asked what food vendor they used and shift hours for their cooks. There are certain things that we cook that come in precooked because of time restraints. Yes, but maybe not what they do. Every facility is different.

Reactions: VolNExile
Tamales. Simple. Right? But nooooooo.....

So many restaurants serve disgusting blobs of goo they label "tamale." One offender served what seemed like polenta covered with a slice of deli ham and smothered in diluted ketchup. They should be shut down for mislabeling food.

In Costa Rica, tamales are wrapped in banana leaves instead of corn husks, but they're real honest to goodness tamales - steamed masa stuffed with a bit of seasoned meat. The roast pork & caramelized onion tamales made by my across-the-street neighbor at my former house were perfection. I almost want to drive to the old neighborhood, but doing so depresses me.

The next time I have to go into town, I'm going to make a stop at Rincon Latino for some papusas.

Watching Fathom (1967), in which Rachael Welch plays a bikini-clad skydiver spying for the Brits (even though she's an American). Pure B movie bad.

Watched Cats. All star cast was good, though Dame Judy Dench cannot sing for squat. Having seen the theatrical production decades ago, my expectations were tempered. The play is a weak story providing a vehicle for ALW songs delivered by a cat costumed cast. The movie version of it was a good production. Critics panning it aren't intimately familiar with the musical play. Good casting, staging, et al cannot elevate mediocre material to fabulous.

Judy Dench was Grizabella? Whoa.

Betty Buckley’s pretty hard to follow on that one.

— oh, nm, she was Old Deuteronomy

I'm always behind the times on music so I'm sure this is old news to y'all, but if its not to just one person....I heard this the other night, first time I've listened to a country station on the radio in maybe a year. Heard this and looked it up on YouTube and found out she was on AI. Anyway, Imma fan!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Souce
Yes, I believe Dolly begged you. You're the only one she would beg and I thought that was known by everyone.
Actually I have 2 questions...

1. I still can't figure out who dat skank is in post #1. Can u plz help?

2. Are we still kewl?

These are both very important questions that need prompt attention from you!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Actually I have 2 questions...

1. I still can't figure out who dat skank is in post #1. Can u plz help?

2. Are we still kewl?

These are both very important questions that need prompt attention from you!
1. You'll never know. Especially referring to her as a skank.

2. Not sure why you have to ask, but as far as I'm concerned we are.

I'm not a fan of grits, but I don't mind a little in my bowl of warm butter and sugar.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Souce

VN Store

Back