Zero emotions

Battered Vols syndrome is a thing.
Yes it is.
The best way to get over it?
Vol fans need to put their BIG BOY PANTS ON!!!!
CJH needs a fair shot to show what he can do.
The man has only been on the job for a couple of weeks and the whiners are making threads about their emotional displeasure with the hire.
I say GTF over it!
He is now THMFIC of The University of Tennessee football team for at least the next 3-4 years.
Deal with it, move forward and GBO!! 🍊🍊

Last edited:
Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

I get what you're saying, but I feel the opposite. It definitely feels weird, but this is a radical outside-the-box hire by UT standards. And we NEEDED radical, outside-the-box as much as anybody. But I think the weird feeling is partly the fact that this a actually a mature, reasonable hire, and I'm not used to that.

If it helps, consider this:
This is the most accomplished and experienced head coach (as a head coach, I mean) that we have hired since Majors in the 70's.
This is the most accomplished player since Majors that we've hired as a head coach as well. No band member, backup QB at a podunk school out west, or losing record at a trade school.
This guy isn't fidgety, jittery, stammering, or struggling to put together a coherent sentence, and that's the first time we've had that since Fulmer.
This guy is extremely comfortable in his own skin. A grown ass man, if you will. He knows what he wants to do and he's quietly going about doing it, without fanfare or goofy marketing or making a clown out of himself. Again, first time since Fulmer there.

I think that weirdness we are feeling is the exact thing we've wanted to feel for a long time. I'm giving it a chance.

Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

It's just your BVS acting up.
You'll be fine when we start winning games again.
Nothing shocks the system of someone suffering from BVS like a win!

I don't dislike the hire. And I'm not that enthusiastic about it either. Seems like an ok move, but Huepel is definitely not a coach that, at this point, gets everyone fired up. He also doesn't seem like a major letdown either. In the end, only time will tell.

To be honest, a lot of these mixed feelings are a product of the fatigue that we have with this football program. It's going to take some tangible, on-the-field results to win back the fire from the fanbase as a whole. That doesn't mean that the fans have stopped being fans, of course. It just means that we're tired of getting hyped-up only to be embarrassed by the consistently pathetic results on the field. You can only get punched in the gut so many times before you instinctively stop doing whatever it was that led to that gut-punch. This string of clownish, incompetent hires within the UT Athletic Department has succeeded in doing something that is very dangerous for any sports program: they've instilled apathy in the fanbase. Who wants to spend their Saturdays watching your team consistently disappoint you when you can do something else that doesn't suck? That's where we are right now.

This all does not bode well for revenue either. COVID considerations aside, who wants to drive to Knoxville to watch this team get its doors blown off by good teams and (maybe) just squeak by against low-level opponents? Who wants to buy some new UT gear to wear around and advertise that you root for a loser? I still wear my VOLS gear and have my UT sticker on my Jeep, but I don't get good humored ribbing from fans of rival teams anymore. I get looks of pity. I can't blame my 11-year old son for having ZERO interest in pulling for Tennessee because he has never seen them be good during his lifetime (it also doesn't help that we move around a lot for my job).

So, to sum this up: AD White and HC Heupel have a big job on their hands. It's like treating an advanced disease. We, as fans, are just going to have to endure the treatment.

Critical thinking and deductive reasoning are not innate.
I think that there is partly. As one may or may not have there is still a need for the desire to use the skill and to hone it. Since the beginning man has the desire to learn and develop to advance. Anywho, I like these conversations. Different thread though

Reactions: kcvols1
I honestly dont understand the dislike for this guy. He has been on the job a minute. He will make our offense fly. Recruiting and signing day are going to be lack luster for the rest of this cycle. But I think we finally have a coach that knows what he is doing.

People get latched to other names and when they don't get who they want disappointment ensues. Bottom line is, for now, the job isn't attracting any big names. No one w/established success at the D1 level wants the job so we get a name we didn't want. I think he's a good coach but time will tell.

Not being critical or minimizing your thoughts but what do u mean by "being played?" In what way? Just trying to understand that.

I feel like I have 0 emotions about UT football at this point, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the hire. It’s more due to the beating UT has given my psyche over the last decade.

Why.. and please don’t compare UCF stats to bama and Clemson. I’m just not fired up I guess is my point. I’m hoping this turns out great with everything I’m listening too but idk man something just seems off. Maybe it’s just me
Drink more

I feel like I have 0 emotions about UT football at this point, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the hire. It’s more due to the beating UT has given my psyche over the last decade.

UT fans have been propagandized and when they finally come out from under the ether, it’s a real eye opener into the Matrix

Reactions: deezvols

I think a big part of the way you feel right now is the bill left behind by Squidbilly and his associates still has to be paid by those who are left to pick up the pieces at Tennessee.

There isn't a clean break here yet. Difficult to look forward to the present and future when the past can't be put away yet.

I feel exactly the same way and now even questioning if I care anymore or if I will ever get the "spirit" back. I have been a fan for about sixty years. For me I think the reasons are twofold. First, all the hiring "mistakes" made by the UT administration over the last fifteen plus years makes me cautious to "get on board at this time". I will reevaluate when or if this program even gets back to their glory days of the late nineties. The UT administration has proven to me they are either incompetent or really do not care to provide a competitive team. They proved it three times in a row. Enough is enough. Been "burned" too often.

Second, I am sick of the UT administration turning the sports program into a social statement for some of the players. When I go to a sporting event I go to watch two teams compete not get a social/political statement from players. They can do this on their own time. Further, with the Lady Vols kneeling upset me as well. Why? There is a large group of citizens who look at the flag as a reminder of those that lost their life defending our freedoms. I understand why some players knell but again sporting events is not the time and place for this type of activity (no matter which side you are on). You would think the coaches and administrators at UT would explain some basic principles like showing RESPECT for others who look at the flag differently than they do.

Bottom line, where I am at now, is I would not pay to watch this circus going on at UT. If I have time I may watch a game or two. The UT administration has proven to me, at this point, they do not care about producing a quality team and lack respect for others. Maybe I will come back and maybe I will not. My favorite team right now is ARMY. These athletes are playing the game for the right reasons and I do not think you will see them kneel at our battle torn and bloody flag that so many sacrificed to preserve.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back