Zaay to TexasA&M

Couldn't we have just forgiven her. Dang
I know! I beginning to fear KJH may have inherited some of Holly's terrible, rotten, no good luck. She has to cut a good player loose due to team rules and it leaves the player ripe for the picking for the rest of the league, eager to provide a second chance. Really bad luck. I respect Blair tho, glad Zaay is close to home, and wish her well
I have high hopes for Zaay!
I just know there is no pun intended on the "high" hopes.

Hey I see a pic of Zaay in Aggie uni up above! Jaz was dissed heavily for doing same, said it was totally disrespectful to her former team. Different for Zaay? Interesting . . .

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Glad Tennessee can join lowly Auburn in doing their part to continue improve the rest of the conference...

94278560_3021975604490852_988328539528888320_o.jpg

What I don't understand is how can these players continue to transfer inside the conference with no consequences? Does she have to sit out a year? I'm pretty sure in football they will not release you in conference. That is why the Mayes family is claiming pending lawsuit as a big reason. I don't care as much about losing her as I do about apparent weak sauce rules with this sport.

Someone educate me if I'm wrong.

Cooper, Westbrook, Green. The list goes on.

Can't wait to see her light us up when she plays against us, just as I'm sure Westbrook will do.

I'm not sure we can unless Harper picks up the recruiting. It seems like she is recruiting some legitimate shooters. Maybe she is recruiting some legitimate ball handlers as well instead of girls that dribble as high as their necks.

Isn't Green the one that "to put it nicely" wasn't going to show up on anyones Dean's list?

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
I know! I beginning to fear KJH may have inherited some of Holly's terrible, rotten, no good luck. She has to cut a good player loose due to team rules and it leaves the player ripe for the picking for the rest of the league, eager to provide a second chance. Really bad luck. I respect Blair tho, glad Zaay is close to home, and wish her well

I just know there is no pun intended on the "high" hopes.

Hey I see a pic of Zaay in Aggie uni up above! Jaz was dissed heavily for doing same, said it was totally disrespectful to her former team. Different for Zaay? Interesting . . .
You made an assumption that I've been wondering about.
Did we HAVE to cut her ?
Did her infraction mean automatic expulsion ?

Wow. Not even going to give the young woman a chance, huh? I mean, it IS possible to learn from costly, embarrassing mistakes and turn a negative into a positive. I have high hopes for Zaay!

high hopes?!!

sorry...,,, had to

edited...didn't get to your post before I did this @glv98

What I don't understand is how can these players continue to transfer inside the conference with no consequences? Does she have to sit out a year? I'm pretty sure in football they will not release you in conference. That is why the Mayes family is claiming pending lawsuit as a big reason. I don't care as much about losing her as I do about apparent weak sauce rules with this sport.

Transfer portal changed the rules. I believe that it eliminated the need to seek clearance to go to other schools Right now, she has to sit out a year unless the new proposed "1-time transfer" rule is approved (I think a decision will be made this week).

Reactions: Orange Maniac

I agree. Even if the one time free pass transfer rule passes, it would make sense to keep more restrictions on inter-conference transfers IMO...

Really do you think Candace Parker or Catchings would have been release if she had done the same misdemeanor by CPS ?

Whatever happen to game suspensions? Can't remember the last time someone was suspended since Parker broke curfew.

meh, doesn't bother me in the least. I want players that WANT to be here.
we need to get that eye of the tiger back. things have gotten way too casual
around this women's team. time to separate the women from the girls. need players
that want a challenge not those that shy away from it. Go Vols!!

I’m inclined to agree.

You made an assumption that I've been wondering about.
Did we HAVE to cut her ?
Did her infraction mean automatic expulsion ?

Since this speculation is going to quickly turn into why couldn't have Kellie been more reasonable and look what she did by being so rigid, etc...

The buzz from people who are generally informed on such matters is that the decision had moved beypnd Kellie's jurisdiction for reasons that anyone should be able to deduce.

I am quite certain Kellie would have rather had Zaay in orange next season than playing for A&M.

Since this speculation is going to quickly turn into why couldn't have Kellie been more reasonable and look what she did by being so rigid, etc...

The buzz from people who are generally informed on such matters is that the decision had moved beypnd Kellie's jurisdiction for reasons that anyone should be able to deduce.

I am quite certain Kellie would have rather had Zaay in orange next season than playing for A&M.
If that is the case and I’m Kellie I am P.O.’d. The football players can get away with almost anything. If Zaay played cornerback she would have been suspended for the first half of the South East North Community College of Pasadena game.

If that is the case and I’m Kellie I am P.O.’d. The football players can get away with almost anything. If Zaay played cornerback she would have been suspended for the first half of the South East North Community College of Pasadena game.

Zaay should have gone on a profanity laced tirade against the coaches on social media, that might have got her back on the team...

If an Athlete chooses TN and comes here and plays and finishes here, I will cheer for them throughout everything they do in life. If they come here then one year later, or however many, choose to leave and go to another school, they no longer exist to me to cheer them on. I don't wish Ill will on them, but I don't acknowledge their existence either. I only focus my energy on VFL. That goes for all sports.

Last edited:
Cooper missed a year with a torn ACL then was kicked off the team/school. She had to sit out a year at SC. Dawn applied for a waiver and wasn't granted one. When she took the floor for SC she hadn't played in two seasons and was okay, not spectacular before she left again for Baylor as a grad transfer. That appears to have worked out better for all involved last season.

Green looked very good as a freshman most of the time and will likely help A&M. Tranferring back closer to her home may work in her favor if the school applies for waiver. The transfer game isn't one I am crazy about and believe there should be no waivers given unless there are extreme circumstances that requires the athlete to be back close to home for family or health related reasons.

I can understand the disappointment in Massengill, Westbrook and Collins from fans. But Green, Cooper, and Hayes all made some bad decisions that likely cost them a spot on the team.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Not anymore because SENCC is beating the football team now. So probably would have been made to run steps or something.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I can understand the disappointment in Massengill, Westbrook and Collins from fans. But Green, Cooper, and Hayes all made some bad decisions that likely cost them a spot on the team.

So we can't be disappointed in their decision making?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't low key pleased that Cooper's career ended with no NCAAT this year after all the bad decisions she's made and the school-hopping she has done. Still doesn't mean I'm not disappointed that I'll never know what could've been if she weren't a head case. But I'm pretty much scorched Earth when a player leaves UT, regardless of the reason. I don't wish ill will them but I'm not going to give "best wishes" and act like I care about their career post-UT.

I also want to point out that Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook and Massengill are all PGs, which is the most important position in basketball. So yeah regardless of how or why a player leaves, it's the same result on the team and it sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsSportsGuy

VN Store

Back