19. Isiah
20. Malone
21. Barkley
22. Wade
23. Erving
24. Havlicek
25. Curry

Good list.

Is Karl or Moses at #13? IMO, Barkley was so much better than Mailman and most people put mailman first. Malone's strongest claim is his longevity. When Barkley was in his prime playing above the rim, he was much more dominant than Malone. Malone was better on D but Barkley was so much more efficient without a Stockton setting him up for 15+ years and he was the better rebounder. Malone also wilted in some big moments.

Barkley had a 4 season stretch where he averaged 25.7, 12.5, and a .660 TS%. It's so other-wordly it's hard to put into words. To put that in perspective, Malone's best seasons were 12.0 rpg and .626 TS%. He only did 11.5 rpg 3x and a .600 TS% 3x.

And if the Suns ever ran pick 'n' roll with one of the best potential PnR duos in the league, Chuck might've had a title.

Good list.

Is Karl or Moses at #13? IMO, Barkley was so much better than Mailman and most people put mailman first. Malone's strongest claim is his longevity. When Barkley was in his prime playing above the rim, he was much more dominant than Malone. Malone was better on D but Barkley was so much more efficient without a Stockton setting him up for 15+ years and he was the better rebounder. Malone also wilted in some big moments.

Barkley had a 4 season stretch where he averaged 25.7, 12.5, and a .660 TS%. It's so other-wordly it's hard to put into words. To put that in perspective, Malone's best seasons were 12.0 rpg and .626 TS%. He only did 11.5 rpg 3x and a .600 TS% 3x.

And if the Suns ever ran pick 'n' roll with one of the best potential PnR duos in the league, Chuck might've had a title.

Moses is 13. Best player on a title team and a runner up.

I have Malone ahead for two reasons. 1) Longevity and 2) his defense. Barkley’s defensive stats are better but Barkley’s second half he was pretty poor from what I’ve read and watched while Malone was still effective at 40. And Malone was a true franchise guy while Chuck wore out his welcome at 3 places.

Barkley had a better prime. I would start my franchise with Malone.

Moses is 13. Best player on a title team and a runner up.

I have Malone ahead for two reasons. 1) Longevity and 2) his defense. Barkley’s defensive stats are better but Barkley’s second half he was pretty poor from what I’ve read and watched while Malone was still effective at 40. And Malone was a true franchise guy while Chuck wore out his welcome at 3 places.

Barkley had a better prime. I would start my franchise with Malone.

IMO, put Barkley on the Jazz and we do a lot better in the 80's and early 90's before Chuck started playing below the rim. Sloan and Stockton would have been so good for him. Possibly no better coach or PG to maximize him.

Someone debate me right now about my terrible list

IMO, put Barkley on the Jazz and we do a lot better in the 80's and early 90's before Chuck started playing below the rim. Sloan and Stockton would have been so good for him. Possibly no better coach or PG to maximize him.

That is a fair idea, but I’m not sure Sloan and Stockton put up with Chuck’s BS. Would Chuck like Salt Lake (probably not). Yes Malone had Stockton feeding him for two decades, but at the same time it’s not like Chuck was playing with **** in the second half of his career.

I don’t know I guess I just have more respect for Malone who always kept his head down and worked his ass off and never complained while Chuck was usually out of shape and a handful.

That is a fair idea, but I’m not sure Sloan and Stockton put up with Chuck’s BS. Would Chuck like Salt Lake (probably not). Yes Malone had Stockton feeding him for two decades, but at the same time it’s not like Chuck was playing with **** in the second half of his career.

I don’t know I guess I just have more respect for Malone who always kept his head down and worked his ass off and never complained while Chuck was usually out of shape and a handful.

There is def something to be said for Malone's discipline. I'm saying give young Barkley to Sloan and you get a guy with more discipline. Chuck seems like a guy who likes most cities. He would have loved the way he would have stuck out in SLC. That fits his personality.

Ultimately, i'm not taking the guy who shows up in shape week 1 over the guy who can give me 14 rpg and shoot the lights out

Wait, people are actually serious about Curry being better than Durant? It’s not even close, Durant easy.

Are we talking talent or greatness? KD is a better talent but Curry's career is so much better. He completely changed the game aside from being a 2x MVP and the face of a dynasty. Hell, Steph probably has 4 titles if Klay doesn't get hurt in 2019 or Draymond doesn't hit Lebron, so he could have 5. That's a system built around Curry.

Are we talking talent or greatness? KD is a better talent but Curry's career is so much better. He completely changed the game aside from being a 2x MVP and the face of a dynasty. Hell, Steph probably has 4 titles if Klay doesn't get hurt in 2019 or Draymond doesn't hit Lebron, so he could have 5. That's a system built around Curry.
You wild
1607095339534.jpeg1607095354724.jpeg

Let the record show that Curry’s one title as the best player came with the Cavs without their best second and third best player and it took six games. Meanwhile Durant gets there and they gentleman sweep them.
My man huff tosses out a bunch of ifs up there to get Curry to 5 rings. How about this - IF KD doesn’t go to the bay, Curry has 1.

Reactions: zjcvols
Let the record show that Curry’s one title as the best player came with the Cavs without their best second and third best player and it took six games. Meanwhile Durant gets there and they gentleman sweep them.

Ok. So KD made them 3 games better (ignoring the Draymond thing)? Wow. By that logic, Mark Aguirre is better than Isaiah Thomas since they couldn't win without him. This point makes no sense. What was KD without Curry and what was Curry without KD. Curry is the guy who put the headlights on KD and his 3-1 lead, froze him, and turned him into roadkill.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back