Yves Pons Sportscenter top 10.

Unbelievable block shown tonight on ESPN. Hoping with his defensive skills he will make the roster. He could be a Rodman type role player without the craziness of course.
Rodman was one of my favorites with the Pistons. Pons is a good shot blocker but not in the same realm when it comes to rebounding.

Good recognition for Yves. He's not in Rodman's category though. Yves jumps higher but Rodman was more agile, 3 inches taller, savvy and a beast on the boards.

Reactions: VolPack22
Good recognition for Yves. He's not in Rodman's category though. Yves jumps higher but Rodman was more agile, 3 inches taller, savvy and a beast on the boards.
And doesn’t have Carmen Electra…

Pass on that one. MTV Carmen Electra - yes, Rodman Carmen Electra - hard pass. That's like Vivica A Fox. Soul Food and Out All Night Vivica - yes, 50 Cent version and plastic surgery version - hard pass.
I thought she was on MTV whenever she was with Rodman?

I thought she was on MTV whenever she was with Rodman?

You may be right but I thought that had possibly ended. McCarthy did that show prior. I used to like those Spring Break events when I was younger.

You may be right but I thought that had possibly ended. McCarthy did that show prior. I used to like those Spring Break events when I was younger.
Funny story rodman was only with Carmen Electra for like weeks. They popped up in the news together got eloped in vegas and 9 day later filed for an annulment.their actual relationship lasted 100 times as long in the public eye as it did for them in reality. And yes she was big on MTV for years before the whole Rodman thing. Her name rang harder than his when it started..he was only big in NBA circles. Even now most people would know her name over his unless they are a sports fan and it might surprise you how many people are not.

By the time they hooked up in 98 she'd already done American vampire, good burger and Baywatch in 97. Pretty sure Baywatch is what put her on the map.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Funny story rodman was only with Carmen Electra for like weeks. They popped up in the news together got eloped in vegas and 9 day later filed for an annulment.their actual relationship lasted 100 times as long in the public eye as it did for them in reality. And yes she was big on MTV for years before the whole Rodman thing. Her name rang harder than his when it started..he was only big in NBA circles. Even now most people would know her name over his unless they are a sports fan and it might surprise you how many people are not.

By the time they hooked up in 98 she'd already done American vampire, good burger and Baywatch in 97. Pretty sure Baywatch is what put her on the map.

Rodman wanted attention hence wearing a dress, etc. I think he had a rough childhood. Also, he wasn't the most handsome guy so doing dumb stuff distracts from his natural looks.

Rodman wanted attention hence wearing a dress, etc. I think he had a rough childhood. Also, he wasn't the most handsome guy so doing dumb stuff distracts from his natural looks.
agreed my point was more about how people remember stuff so different than how it actually happened. revisionist history or whatever.

Back then the news cycle was much slower so by the time the facts came out we'd lost interest and moved on. so most people actually today think rodman and Electra were married for years when it was really 9days.

Reactions: BreatheUT
agreed my point was more about how people remember stuff so different than how it actually happened. revisionist history or whatever.

Back then the news cycle was much slower so by the time the facts came out we'd lost interest and moved on. so most people actually today think rodman and Electra were married for years when it was really 9days.

I know what you mean. Great point. I had forgotten it was so shortlived.

VN Store

Back