Your Vols collection (memorabilia / cards / stuff)

I have an autographed Peerless Price rookie card as well...that he signed in person for me and it looks nothing like the autograph on yours! WTH!!

Well he probably took his time a little more with yours.

Just picked up a Travis Henry auto card. I'll post a pic when it comes in.

a few more

Eric Berry has one of the worst looking autographs (so does Robert Meachem) I did get a auto 8x10 of EB and it has his whole name not just the initals - Meachem it seems writes like that all the time from what I have seen

Last edited:
Travis Henry and JP Arencibia

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 14
I spent the better part of Eric berry's time at ut deployed and only got to see him in an o &w game and the Georgia game when we beat them 42-17 (was home on leave for that one) and kicked myself a lot for not getting an autograph. My friends parents went to the chick fil a bowl that year and were staying in the same hotel as the team so I asked them to try and get his autograph for me and they came back with a football with Eric berry, dan Williams and the whole crews signatures and thankfully they weren't able to get lanes on there. One of the best things that ever happened to me!

EBay mostly. Gotta watch out though, peoples asking prices are sometimes high. I don't pay over book value

Off the subject, but how much is a Davey Allison autograph worth--ballpark? Got it in Hueytown in 1992 right after he won Daytona...

Beckett.com for cards.....I don't know about photos

Nice cards YVol. I do a little card collecting myself. I only get UT rookie cards. Got a number of Manning autographed cards and at least one UT rookie since the late 80's. Did you get yours graded or buy them graded? I remember when the grading craze was going on about 10 years ago and everyone in the world was trying to get in on the act. I always liked PSA and Beckett the best.

I hate it when players only sign their initials. I got an Eric Berry one before he went to just EB. Meachem's has always been weak. Manning's is always almost written out fully. That is rare since he signs so many things. I display some, but any kind of light will fade them out over time. I've got a Manning signed Colts helmet signed in blue that is probably 50% faded. Got it back in '98. Black is the best. I like orange on the helmets, but it fades too.

I like to look at high dollar cards in person before I buy, but it's hard to beat the prices on ebay. The internet has helped everyone's collection, but hurt their wallet.

Nice cards YVol. I do a little card collecting myself. I only get UT rookie cards. Got a number of Manning autographed cards and at least one UT rookie since the late 80's. Did you get yours graded or buy them graded? I remember when the grading craze was going on about 10 years ago and everyone in the world was trying to get in on the act. I always liked PSA and Beckett the best.

I hate it when players only sign their initials. I got an Eric Berry one before he went to just EB. Meachem's has always been weak. Manning's is always almost written out fully. That is rare since he signs so many things. I display some, but any kind of light will fade them out over time. I've got a Manning signed Colts helmet signed in blue that is probably 50% faded. Got it back in '98. Black is the best. I like orange on the helmets, but it fades too.

I like to look at high dollar cards in person before I buy, but it's hard to beat the prices on ebay. The internet has helped everyone's collection, but hurt their wallet.

I agree the grading thing isnt really worth it unless you are an investor (you know the ones that ruined things in the mid 80s by hording rookie cards) I too only collect former UT players in their college uniforms (just autographed, jersey swatches and serial numbered) - Manning auto cards on UT are really expensive and hard to find - you have any of those ? I only have 4 PMs but they are jersey cards and a few auto ones on the Colts - Also hate the fact Upper Deck has corner the market on NCAA logos this year (no Denarius Moore on UT yet, only in underarmour)

I agree the grading thing isnt really worth it unless you are an investor (you know the ones that ruined things in the mid 80s by hording rookie cards) I too only collect former UT players in their college uniforms (just autographed, jersey swatches and serial numbered) - Manning auto cards on UT are really expensive and hard to find - you have any of those ? I only have 4 PMs but they are jersey cards and a few auto ones on the Colts - Also hate the fact Upper Deck has corner the market on NCAA logos this year (no Denarius Moore on UT yet, only in underarmour)

I collect former Vols in their college and pro uniform, but mainly only buy their rookie cards. Occasionally, I'll buy one of a former Vol if I like the card even if it isn't a rookie. My favorite card has always been Topps Finest. They always put out a good product. I really like SP Authentic, Topps Chrome and Exquisite. Defensive players are always cheaper usually. Berry hasn't been cheap especially his high dollar cards like Exquisite, but he is nowhere near Manning's cards.

Here's a few of mine.....

HardestyPatchAuto.jpg

AbsoluteDualCollegiateJersey.jpg

ManningCollegeKingsDualJersey.jpg

BerrySweetSpotAuto.jpg

BerrySweetSpotHelmet.jpg

Stocker1-1.jpg

Manning.jpg

Manning1.jpg

Manning3.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Those are some nice cards.

I picked up a signed Arian Foster Texans used glove from a Texans fan that went to one of the team signings for the fans. I usually don't buy autographs that aren't from reputable card companies or the like, but Arian was an unknown at that time (undrafted rookie) and paid practically nothing for it. I've got his auto a number of times and a few in person so it looked legit. He signed it with his old # at the time, #37. Wonder what it would go for now. Heh.

VN Store

Back