Your thoughts on A&M

CrybabyVol

Jimbo has never really impressed me as a head coach. As a recruiter, he's phenomenal. He's entering year three at A&M with one of the biggest salaries in the nation. They don't seem to have made any strides at QB. A&M has probably invested more money into facilities than any other team in the nation in the last five to ten years. If I'm an Aggie, I'd be pretty pissed if he's not winning the West next year. What's the board's outlook on Fisher? If he doesn't win the SECw next year, should his seat be hot? Can his seat even be hot with the ludicrous contract he received?

They will probably win 10 games next season with the new watered down OOC schedule.

2020 Football Schedule - Texas A&M Athletics - Home of the 12th Man

Abilene Christian
North Texas
Colorado
Fresno State

They will have to steal one from Bama, Auburn or LSU to reach 10. LSU will be down , compared to this season, and they get the Tigers at Kyle Field.

If aggy wins 10 they will declare themselves National Champions and buy Jimbo a fake trophy.

Last edited:
I never think about A&M except once every 4 or 5 years.
They cannot even look at another coach until this contract is done. If Jimbo doesn't win something, they might not have cash for the next coach then, either.
You're talking about the guys that paid 1/2 billion $$$ cash to renovate Dead Dog Field.

A&M has really stepped their game up since joining the SEC. They are dramatically out performing their historical average.

Reactions: BreatheUT
TAM has traditionally been a program that wins 9 games. Chokes in the big games. Think they are a major player, but they are not. A lot of money has changed hands in that program over the last 25 years with not much to show for their investment. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

They will probably win 10 games next season with the new watered down OOC schedule.

2020 Football Schedule - Texas A&M Athletics - Home of the 12th Man

Abilene Christian
North Texas
Colorado
Fresno State.

Yeah, they go from playing one of the hardest schedules in the country this year, to arguably the easiest schedule for an SEC team next year. That non-conference schedule is just an outright joke and they get Vandy as their rotating SEC East opponent. If you add Arkansas in there, they basically have 6 nearly automatic wins and 3 games they should be huge favorites in (South Carolina, Miss State, and Ole Miss).

If they beat Auburn, pretty good chance they start the season 10-0.

So get ready for the "Jimbo Fisher turnaround" stories, but in reality, it'll be more of a scheduling-based turnaround.

Last year I made the prediction that I thought LSU would be there in the CFP discussion until the very end. I’ve been saying that 2020 was the year aTm was the year Jimbo had to show out and show his worth. I’ll go ahead and say this now...They have to beat Auburn @ Auburn. They will be top 10 going into that game and Auburn will be coming off an emotional new early season game versus Georgia. If they can’t beat Auburn the season is pretty much over. They aren’t beating Bama and LSU back to back.

They should also petition to get their schedule reworked so they don’t have to get Bama and LSU back to back.

NY6 game is the ceiling and I’d say the Liberty Bowl is the worst case scenario.

It doesn't matter what we think, of course, but A&M is crazy to play in the SEC west if they have a choice to play elsewhere. It does give them something to work for, but if it was me, I'd rather be successful. It also doesn't matter how much they pay Jimbo. Paying him more is not going to make him a better coach. I love Texas A&M. No hard feelings. I'm glad I'm not the one paying the $600 million, but I feel the same way about a lot of things I don't pay for.

P.S. I had to go back and watch the sec shorts "2020 schedule love at first sight" sequence one more time. Hilarious.

Reactions: WxVol
Got it!
Form a new Conf and get out of the SEC.

Arky
Mizzu
A&M
Houston
SMU
Baylor
Memphis
+ 3

Jimbo has never really impressed me as a head coach. As a recruiter, he's phenomenal. He's entering year three at A&M with one of the biggest salaries in the nation. They don't seem to have made any strides at QB. A&M has probably invested more money into facilities than any other team in the nation in the last five to ten years. If I'm an Aggie, I'd be pretty pissed if he's not winning the West next year. What's the board's outlook on Fisher? If he doesn't win the SECw next year, should his seat be hot? Can his seat even be hot with the ludicrous contract he received?
Depends on what you mean by "hot seat." If you mean the coach is at serious risk at getting fired, no. If you mean admin/boosters start chirping, I'd say that's probably happening already.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to win the West next year, but I think it is reasonable to expect him to win some of these big games. The Auburn and Georgia games were totally winnable for them this year. Defenders of Jimbo are really quick to say "...But the losses were all to top 10 teams!" which is totally true. The problem is that they aren't paying him $7.5m/year and $75m guaranteed to win all the games they "should" and lose all the games to really good teams. He's got to start winning some of these big games against great teams.

The biggest red flag with Jimbo this past season was how Mond regressed. I thought Mond had a much improved 2018 season and was looking for more of that this year, but I don't know what happened. Jimbo is supposed to be really good with QBs.

The schedule softens up for them next year. Clemson and Georgia get replaced by Colorado and Vandy. They get LSU at home, but Auburn and Alabama are on the road. It's fair for their fans to expect to go 10-2 next year and get into the Sugar Bowl or something like that.

They still lack toughness, come October/November in the SEC West and you lack mental and physical toughness.... you go from a good record to subpar record real quick. I think Jimbo is a good OC, not sure he's going to do much there though. Easy schedule next year, real easy, so.... next year will look like a good year.

They still lack toughness, come October/November in the SEC West and you lack mental and physical toughness.... you go from a good record to subpar record real quick. I think Jimbo is a good OC, not sure he's going to do much there though. Easy schedule next year, real easy, so.... next year will look like a good year.
Two big things Jimbo has to do if he's going to get anywhere remotely close to meeting expectations there:

1. Get a QB
2. Drastically improve the defense, especially the defensive line. An overlooked fact about his FSU teams was that they all had nasty defenses, especially the year they won the title. He also had 2 really good DCs on staff (Stoops and Pruitt). Everybody remembers Jameis and how good he was, and they probably don't win the title without him. However that was a really balanced team.

10-2 will be a great year for Texas A&M and could land them in the Cotton Bowl

Final AP Poll | TexAgs

Kellso

8:33p, 1/23/20

In reply to Bo Darville

Bo Darville said:
Weird. You didn't show up during or after Baylor got their heads caved in by the 3rd best team in the SEC's backups. Why is that I wonder?​
Bo,

Based on the AP top 25 Poll Texas A&M would have finished as the 4th best team in the 2019 BIGXII behind OU, Baylor and Texas.

WHich is more or less exactly what A&M did when they were in the BIGXII. A&M has always been middle of the road with the occasional above average season.

Nothing has really changed

Texas close loss to LSU and stomping of Utah is more impressive than anything that A&M did in 2019.

Baylor and A&M have similar talent, but Baylor is way better coached.

Rhule has a $60 million contract to coach in the NFL, while I do not see NFL teams knocking down Coach Jimbo's door.

Baylor would have kicked the chit out of you guys last year purely based on their coaching and defense.

Baylor smoked Okie St in their home stadium while you guys beat them by 3 points in San Antonio, TX.

Baylor would have done the same thing to your team that they did to Texas.

I didn't see anything out of you guys in 2019 that was impressive until the Alamo Bowl.

VN Store

Back