Your Qb Is Interested In Us

I always thought is was funny watching him throw the deep ball. If he wants a future in football then he needs to learn how to catch the ball not throw it. Little Vick my ass! :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

He is a very athletic football player aggie99. He has some unbelievable moves that combine speed and quickness. Many have compared his running style to Michael Vick. He could be a great punt returner or receiver and possibly a good QB but he hasn't proven himself yet in that regard. If he can keep his head on straight and be a team player then he can really help your (or any) football team.

The guy has a history (back to High School) of transferring a lot for whatever reason.

Good to see ya back around

He is very good but comes with too much baggage. I think he believes he should get special treatment and we did stand for it. I hope he gets a wake up call!!! If so you will have yourself a great ball player!!!!!

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 16, 2005 5:22 PM
The guy has a history (back to High School) of transferring a lot for whatever reason. 

Good to see ya back around
[snapback]94842[/snapback]​

I think I remember hearing it was because he wanted the most playing time possible.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 16, 2005 8:17 PM
u an have him. he is a bum
[snapback]94838[/snapback]​

if you dont have an insightful respnse, please do not respond

That response is actually an example of how many people feel about Schaeffer... Just a little more harsh I suppose, but it's in that same general vein.

last year vols were worshiping him, just b/c he wants a transfer some hate him now??

and dont give me he got arrested, you have what 10 other players in that same boat.

I think most worshiped him after the UNLV game but once Ainge emerged most realized Schaeffer was not going to be the guy. I for one would love to have him on the team in whatever role he could contribute. I think he is a great talent.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 16, 2005 10:14 PM
last year vols were worshiping him, just b/c he wants a transfer some hate him now??
[snapback]94921[/snapback]​

It's a little more complicated than that. It was pretty clear to anyone that watched Schaeffer game in, game out that he relied way too much on his legs and wasn't all that interested in standing in the pocket and making reads the way the coaches wanted him too. He's a great pure talent, but he never really progressed and there were rumblings that his work ethic wasn't the best.

I for one never felt safe with Schaeffer running the offense. He always looked to run before the play developed. It was like he was always back there thinking should I run or should I pass....and by then, he was sacked. I think he has a lot of talent, but he will never get drafted in the NFL as a QB...

still, he could

a. be a solid back up (obvioulsy not intrested)
b. switch pos. (good enough speed to be a WR, though your pretty full at WR)
c.maybe play defense (different, but crazy enough it just might work)
d. trasfer (he chose this)

i think with a tallent like brent, you can always find a spot to put him

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 16, 2005 10:21 PM

i think with a tallent like brent, you can always find a spot to put him
[snapback]94927[/snapback]​

That's just the problem. The coaches recognized that Schaeffer was a guy that needed to be on the field and wanted to utilize his talent, but Schaeffer wasn't going to stay unless he was assured that he would be the starting QB.

I think we had him fielding punts in practice this spring didn't we? We would have found a way to get him some touches.

Didn't seem like it but I guess you would have to ask him that.

I just think that Schaeffer has some growing up to do before he can be a solid player. Not only on the field, but off as well.

hmmm i see. and i assume he wanted nothing to do with the backup role?

That's the way it looks. He was forced into the backup role last year after the success Ainge had against you guys and against Georgia.

Schaeffer is going to be a good QB for somebody, but it remains to be seen if he will progress to become as good as he thinks he is. The "Little Vick" stuff is the worst thing that ever happened to him.

By the looks of it Ga, the little Vick title seems to be poison. Being called little Vick was the worst thing that happened to the real little Vick too.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate all of your comments. It is discussions like this that keep me coming back to your board. When I want to know about Vol Football, I know this is the place to go.

JCVOL,

You are right, we did get Brandon Stewart from you guys. That could have been better for us, but he did win us a Big 12 Championship.....so I guess I would have to say "Thanks." Here is to hoping that this turns out as good as that did.

Originally posted by JCVOL@May 16, 2005 10:45 PM
We gave A&M Brandon Stewart.  Why not the "diminuative vickster"? :worship: .
[snapback]95011[/snapback]​

Stewart was a better player at that time than Brent is in my opinion.

Stewart probably had better pocket presence; Schaeffer's got better speed. But it's tough to judge those guys since they were just freshmen when they played for us.

VN Store

Back