Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

I finished out the Grizz at 42-40. So 14-14 in the last 28 games. That should be good enough to hold on to the 8th spot.

I finished out the Grizz at 42-40. So 14-14 in the last 28 games. That should be good enough to hold on to the 8th spot.
I am not quite as positive (thinking 39, which still might be enough for 8 seed). Just afraid Jaren, Ja, and Clarke will all hit wall at some point. Think the Dieng pickup will be huge since I'm not sure Jonas can play this many minutes for 82 games.

My Memphis BBQ tour continued today with trying out Interstate BBQ. I had the rib tips and chopped pork with beans, slaw, and bbq spaghetti. My friend had the wings. Everything was great, but the wings, rib tips, and bbq spaghetti were phenomenal.

My Memphis BBQ tour continued today with trying out Interstate BBQ. I had the rib tips and chopped pork with beans, slaw, and bbq spaghetti. My friend had the wings. Everything was great, but the wings, rib tips, and bbq spaghetti were phenomenal.
Go to rendezvous. Get ribs. Thank me later

I’ve had them. Doesn’t crack my top ten of best places in Memphis.
I get that downing rendezvous is the “cool” thing to do but this statement is patently absurd. There are not ten better ribs in this city. A more accurate statement might be that you don’t like dry rub ribs if you seriously think that.

I get that downing rendezvous is the “cool” thing to do but this statement is patently absurd. There are not ten better ribs in this city. A more accurate statement might be that you don’t like dry rub ribs if you seriously think that.

That’s my reason. Not a fan of dry.

Nothing wrong there but if someone asked you about rendezvous, you would qualify your opinion with that, right?

I generally say it’s okay bbq but I’m more of a wet bbq guy. For visitors looking for a MEMPHIS bbq on their first visit: dry Rendezvous or wet Corky’s. If they stay close enough, I’ll send them to Commissary.

I love dry ribs. Rendezvous has no meat and not much flavor. Plus they’re charbroiled and not slow smoked. Not my favorite. It’s not the best place to get dry ribs in the Memphis metro. Their sausage and cheese plate is the best thing they offer on the menu.

Central, Commissary, BBQ Shop, One and Only, Corkys, and Leonard’s all have better dry ribs, which I’ve eaten.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I am not quite as positive (thinking 39, which still might be enough for 8 seed). Just afraid Jaren, Ja, and Clarke will all hit wall at some point. Think the Dieng pickup will be huge since I'm not sure Jonas can play this many minutes for 82 games.
This isn't Jaren's fist year, I'm not worried about the wall with him.

This isn't Jaren's fist year, I'm not worried about the wall with him.

True but this was about the time he broke down last year...

I'm not saying all will hit the wall but combining that with schedule, I'm still thinking 39 range. That still may be enough for the 8 though.

Interstate was always one of my favorites. I try to make it there whenever I am in Memphis, but it has been a while.

I’ve had them. Doesn’t crack my top ten of best places in Memphis.

Agree (partially). The issue with Rendezvous ribs is lack of consistency. Many times, they are Top 10 quality; however, I've had a couple batches that dont meet that standard.

I do love the red beans and rice there (serve for free at lunch on Friday).

Central, Commissary, BBQ shop, Paynes (sandwich), Memphis BBQ Company, One and Only, Cozy Corner, Corkys (on Poplar ONLY), and Interstate all rank ahead of Rendevous for me...

Central, Commissary, BBQ shop, Paynes (sandwich), Memphis BBQ Company, One and Only, Cozy Corner, Corkys (on Poplar ONLY), and Interstate all rank ahead of Rendevous for me...

Only one I haven’t had on that list is Cozy Corner.

I still have Cozy Corner, Marlowes, Tom’s, and A&R on my list. I’ve done myself a disservice not trying every Memphis staple.

Only one I haven’t had on that list is Cozy Corner.

I still have Cozy Corner, Marlowes, Tom’s, and A&R on my list. I’ve done myself a disservice not trying every Memphis staple.

All but Tom's are good. I had the rib tips there once and it made the riblets at Crapplebees seem good. The pulled pork at Tom's was OK but it was no better than Topps.

VN Store

Back