Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

I found a video clip in my phone attending the Chancun introductory press conference three years ago today, and I wanted to throw my phone against the wall.

Grizz getting some love (much deserved IMO)

You get to give out one A grade to an NBA team for its entire offseason. Who gets it?
Bontemps: Amazingly, I'm going with Memphis. The Grizzlies will stink next year, but they've done a ton of stuff I've liked this offseason. Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke are both perfect fits with Jaren Jackson Jr. Getting a first-round pick to take on Andre Iguodala was a nice piece of business. Getting two seconds for Wright was good business, especially when coupled with signing Tyus Jones for essentially the same deal. Getting two seconds and De'Anthony Melton from Phoenix for taking on Josh Jackson and clearing the cap space to sign Rubio was brilliant business. Bad teams have to walk before they can run. Memphis is walking quickly after a nice series of moves this summer.

What are you most excited to watch next season?

Schmitz: The Memphis Grizzlies. Yes, the Memphis Grizzlies. I'm fascinated by the star power of Ja Morant, particularly his fit with a floor-spacing, rim-protecting, switchy big like Jaren Jackson Jr. The Grizz also stole one with Brandon Clarke at No. 21 overall, and he's an ideal fit with JJJ up front. They may still be a few years away from consistent winning, but long gone are the grit-and-grind days. The Grizzlies are young, exciting, athletic and flush with future building blocks.

Reactions: NorCalVol67

VN Store

Back