Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Grizz only gave up a future second rounder to move up and get their man and plenty of other teams had to give up future firsts to move up

Grizz named a Draft Day Winner by ESPN:

Memphis Grizzlies
Givony: Memphis' new front office is off to a terrific start -- not only by lucking into the No. 2 spot and Ja Morant but also by getting excellent value for Mike Conley, then turning around and trading up for Brandon Clarke at No. 21.

The young Grizzlies are shaping up as possibly the most athletic team in the NBA, and there will be no shortage of highlights with the high-flying Jaren Jackson Jr. and Clarke catching lobs from Morant next season. Just as importantly, the Grizzlies will feature terrific defensive versatility. Jackson and Clarke are phenomenal shot-blockers who also are capable of switching ball screens. Memphis will now need to prioritize shooting in free agency to get the best out of its young core.

Though I feel like that's always been the Grizz's problem...

Reactions: TBrown and Crew

Yup. I think we'll sign a veteran guard.... maybe rodney hood or someone like that.

Hopefully a healthy Brooks, Cabocolo and Allen can chip in too.

Yep.. good with the draft but in classic Memphis fashion we took a guy whose biggest offensive ? Is shooting and another guy who can’t shoot at all

They maybe got their franchise player and a steal on a great complimentary player to their other young star. Things don't usually work out how you expect, but they had a great draft in terms of accomplishing what you set out to do

VN Store

Back