Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Memphis has been granted permission to interview Portland assistant Nate Tibbetts for franchise's head coaching job, league sources tell ESPN

I would probably take that deal if you can’t get two 1’s out of Utah

If it’s Boston’s pick, it’s gonna be a bad 1 and essentially useless IMO

If it’s your own 1 back, then hell yeah

Anytime you can pair a broken down version of chandler parsons with a broken down version of gordon hayward for somewhere in the neighborhood of $60MM you gotta do it

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
But it convey the pick to Boston

Keeps you from being god awful while Ja and JJJ get their feet wet and gives you another asset and an abundance of cap room when you’re ready to make your next move

(Why did we sign Kyle Anderson)

Don’t see the point in competing this year if the pick is top 6 protected. Time to be real bad. Then go for it the year after once the pick is nonprotected.

Opposite. Gotta convey the pick. It has no protections after this year
Right - but I feel like there’s more control after this year. A team breaking in a point guard and second year player who played 60 games is not going to be good regardless. I don’t think there’s much to be done about it.

It seems smarter to me to tank, keep the pick to get another really good asset like Cole Anthony, THEN spend money in free agency to put some stuff around those three guys.

Which is why I’d trade Conley for whatever you can get, basically. He has value, but more than anything, he prevents you from tanking. A mid first, longterm cap relief, and maybe another pick or young player should be the goal.

But it convey the pick to Boston

Keeps you from being god awful while Ja and JJJ get their feet wet and gives you another asset and an abundance of cap room when you’re ready to make your next move

(Why did we sign Kyle Anderson)

They didn't want to see any pick-up in offense when Parsons went to the bench.

When do we want Conley traded? Before, during, or after the draft?
Depends on what road you want to go down. I’d prefer to get as many picks as possible as soon as possible, so before the draft makes the most sense to me.

But if you think the Grizzlies should try to compete for the playoffs this upcoming season, you probably hold on to Conley as long as possible and only trade him at the deadline if you have to.

Simmons and Russillo were saying Conley belongs on Milwaukee, but the deal would probably have to include Bledsoe (and probably Hill), who of course the Grizz don't want, so there would have to be a 3rd team. What if the Jazz sent you Favors?

Would like to see a scenario in which the Grizz could get Tyler Herro. Ceiling isn’t very high (NBA starter) but his floor isn’t low either. Likely will be picked in the 15-20 range.

VN Store

Back