Your impressions about Mizzou

I think they're having a hard time buying in and truly committing themselves to winning as they are banned from bowl eligibility.

On the broadcast Saturday, the announcers said that UM was either 8th or 3rd in pass defense in the nation. IMO we don't match up well with them. Not gonna make a prediction cause anything can happen. I would feel safer if this were in Knoxville.

Their defense is solid. Both Georgia and Florida struggled a bit to score on them. Pretty tough against the run, only gave up 56 yards against Florida. Their offense has struggled but they have one huge TE (Okwuegbunam) and Kelly can scramble. That ability has given us fits before. They are a different team at home than on the road. I expect a close, low scoring game. I think they might have trouble with our WR's if our QB gets enough time to find them. It would help a lot if we could manage any sort of run game.

I thought they were not so bad, a number of sharp passes were dropped (we never seem to get luck like that) They are much better at home than away.

I think it will be flip of a coin night.

Now Vandy looked truly awful so No6 is in the bag, Im just greedy and I want No7.

Don't speak too soon...I think we can win the game, but we also have a tendency to make mediocre teams/players look like champions!
It's not a matter of can we win this game because Tennessee will beat Missouri. Then the same people will be saying that Vanderbilt will beat Tennessee.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
I think it has alot to do with who they are playing. Teams with a good defense been shutting them down. I think Tennessee will pull away from them in second half Saturday night.

Think I can speak for a few others when I say -- don't want to wait until second half for that. Not saying the game won't play out that way. Just hope our offense comes out clicking and gives defense some spirit and cushion. Prolly be another hair puller.

Reactions: tobybeast
MU is a totally different team at home, really sorry away. Just like possums they get killed on the road, they play like Tigers at home. We're still gonna win. Bryant is no Lock.

Defense keeps them in games. Offense struggled without Bryant but he’s back so I’m nervous. He couldn’t move the ball against Florida but it was his first game back and their defense is pretty good

Tigers seem to be hot and cold. I'd like to hear your impressions about them and a good analysis about our game with them
Meanwhile GBO. Kick some butt

Last year, Dooley had them motivated and fired up. They kicked our azz totally.

I think he will have them fired up again.

derek.jpg

This is a winnable game but I’m worried about how we match up against their D. Good D lines have given us fits running the ball and that’s what we will need to do in order to win.

If our line plays really well this will be a great game. If we can’t run consistently our chances aren’t good to leave with a W.

Their defense is a solid unit.
Their offense has slipped pretty hard.
They are coming off 4 straight Ls. 3 of those on the road.

UT is playing better but definitely needed a week off. They (between the 2) are moving in a positive direction.

I dont know where Mizzou is mentally but they re good enough to win the game at home.

Should be a close game that UT can win.

Missouri’s defense may be difference in the game.
#10 defense (Mizzo) vs. #109 offense (Vols)
#82 offense (Mizzo) vs. #34 defense (Vols)

Tigers seem to be hot and cold. I'd like to hear your impressions about them and a good analysis about our game with them
Meanwhile GBO. Kick some butt

Tough defense. Hot and cold offense that can be very good when hot and very bad when cold.

Overall I think UT is the better team. However, match ups often make the game. If you account for the opponent quality difference the two are similar defensively. Both play very good pass D. Mizzou is better against the run by a littler.... but again that doesn't account for competition.

Offensively, UT is 12th in total O while Mizzou is 11th. They're separated by 11 yds per game... Mizzou doesn't play Bama and has already played Vandy which should improve UT statistically. The Vols even playing musical chairs throw it a little better while Mizzou runs it a little better. UT's receivers are better than Mizzou's by a significant margin. RB's are similar both in talent and stats.

If UT can stop Mizzou's run game and have some success throwing then the Vols will win. If Mizzou can run the ball effectively and cover JJ and MC then they'll likely win.,

Missouri is tough. Not the fastest bunch, but extremely physical.

We are also slow, so we'll have to out tough them.

Why? What does Mizz have to play for Saturday, what will their motivation be?
It still means a lot to many to get a win over the Vols. Even when we aren’t close to our best.

They will be ready and we will likely see their best effort. Even with that I expect us to put together a winning game plan, execute the plan and get the win.

VN Store

Back